Butane

Graphical Issue near balota

Myself and a few friends are having the same problem

The graphical glitches are caused by the world prop Army Soldiers lying dead on the floor (not zombie soldiers)

I found this out after some testing and can confirm this 100%

Also, the people that i know of having this all have ATI GFX cards but im not too sure if Nividia users are having the same issue

Hope it gets sorted soon, makes my game unplayable in populated areas.

I can confirm this as well. Well.. It's either the dead soldiers, non-user placed barbed wire or tank traps..

Myself and a few friends are having the same problem

The graphical glitches are caused by the world prop Army Soldiers lying dead on the floor (not zombie soldiers)

I found this out after some testing and can confirm this 100%

Also, the people that i know of having this all have ATI GFX cards but im not too sure if Nividia users are having the same issue

Hope it gets sorted soon, makes my game unplayable in populated areas.

Can confirm this, did some tests at sober tents. Hopefully this will be hotfixed.

Edited by houcksf

I also can confirm this & believe CrazyQ hit the nail on the head with the bodies. As well as tank traps & barbed wire causing this.

The graphical tears/anomalies are terrible -- games unplayable.

I can confirm for stary military tents .

Thought it was just one particular server.

Checked 4 or 5 other servers and it was the same thing on all of them.

It's due to the dead soldiers. I found it at stary and it took 10-15 minutes to get over to them see what it was.

Also confirming for Stary tents. 1.7.2.4/95417.

Worst I've ever seen it, I did check the area for those damn useless (unless you're a griefer) wire traps. None there.

Edited by Trauma

As soon as I entered chernogorsk, I got artifacts. So bad I had to drop the server before somebody shot me or a zombie got me. - i5 3570k, Nvidia GTX 560.

Unplayable. dead soldiers/ barbed wire whatever it is, it did not occur in such a degree that it is now (with current patch). I literally have to stare at the floor to be able to "navigate". After patching to current 2.4 cherno was terrible coming from the east, and balota airfield was just as bad from the east and west. Gotta love patch days huh?

Side note: toyed with all my video settings and didnt make any difference at all.

Edited by ahyokata
  • Like 1

Reminds me of a Geometry Instancing problem back in the original Far Cry...

ArmA 2 Screenshots @ Balota Airfield

2i8j0cj.jpg

kf1v07.jpg

Far Cry screenshot i took back in 2004/2005

15ouf6e.jpg

Same problem here @ Stary Sabor, Airfield etc. on much Server for example DE104

1.7.2.4 / 95389

Geforce 470GTX 'golden sample'

But not all meshes have the problem, that they artifacting.

28u045h.jpgw4l09.jpg

This is exactly what I got... only happend at airfield near Balota.

i5 3570k

Nvidia GTX 560i

I see everyone stating it, but no solutions?

Ditto... Myself and a buddy had the same issue in a gaming cafe today.

I am having the same issue ....

When at the NWA and at Balota AF

I have never had this happen until the Beta/Dayz update today Unplayable near any Air Field or Tents

OS Win7 64bit

CPU INTEL CORE i7 3770K 3.50Ghz Max Turbo Frequency 3.90Ghz 8MB CACHE 95W LGA1155

16 gig ram Corsair

ATI x2 7970 3gig running ATI crossfire

Corsair SSD Drives

GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H Intel Z77 Intergrated Video HDMI / DP / DVI / D-Sub X-Fi Xtreme Audio

Please fix so i can kill you all .... :)

Not really I'm Friendly

cheers

Painy

I can CONFIRM that I only get these glitches around military areas.

However, I find it strange that I could look at a military area fine at first, but when I disconnected and joined the same server, I got the problems.

Same issue, but it seems like we are dealing with Dice/EA loving dev's, You post an issue and they dont reply on it, and when so many people got this bug, what rocket could atleast do is confirm he has seen this and he is trying to fix it, i mean what is going on? first admin abuse on the forum, then no communication on this subject. Ohh, dice might actually have become better at responding to their community, do we really have to go down the same road?

i know how much rage it took from several players to get Dice to respond to their community, i have no issue going down that road, but i know the dev's arent gonna like it.

Got this around stary, i didnt go to NWAF or Balota, you can fix this issue by doing alot of different stuff, but it will always return, some can fix it and alot cant.

AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.40ghz

ATI Radeon HD 6870 1GB

Edited by Zyfer

I'm having the same problem, happened in NW airport, Stary Sobor and Balota, please make this top priority and fix this ...

2ch41ex.jpg

CPU: Intel E8500

GPU: Nvidia 460GTX

P.S.: Shut down the game and start it again, reconnect to the server, it helps ...

Edited by Montwern

You post an issue and they dont reply on it, and when so many people got this bug, what rocket could atleast do is confirm he has seen this and he is trying to fix it, i mean what is going on?

you are an alpha tester. you report the bugs and thats it. you aren't entitled to responses or anything. of course they are aware of the bug, and the patch isn't even officially released. read the 1st post of the patch thread.