Butane

Graphical Issue near balota

you are an alpha tester. you report the bugs and thats it. you aren't entitled to responses or anything. of course they are aware of the bug, and the patch isn't even officially released. read the 1st post of the patch thread.

ohh i thought it was already rolled out, alright this calms me down alot, thanks for replying.

I might report bugs, but it is still annoying that you report something, and a mod doesnt come in and leaves a note saying "we are aware of this issue and will try to fix it asap" if they dont want rage, then that is the way to go, you must understand this i hope.

yeah i understand, but its saturday and this is a small dev team. it will probably be fixed either by a hotfix later today, or on monday.

we all jumped on the update too soon, because the game is that good :)

your best bet is to rollback to 1.7.2.3, or to just wait for the fix. not much else we can do.

they might have even responded in the patch thread, but there are so many pages, it got burried.

Edited by Ganjastar

I do not think this problem is because of Dayz. I think this is a problem linked to the arma 2 update, the game I've paid for.

I'm using the six launcher to play, how do I rollback?

its not barbed wire thats causing this now its something else. we went to stary military tents and there was 8 of us and only 2 of us could go into the tents and the barracks everyone else couldnt even see the barrack buildings or the military tents in start because of the screen glitches please fix this soon

Same issue, multiple locations inside military tents in Stary sobor if I so much as glance anywhere near that direction from up to 400m away create this multidimensional tesselation scrunchies. Risked it and ran in and around trying to isolate, would put my money on earlier conclusion that some of the world prop dead soldiers to blame.

Also confirming that this only started occuring after today's update via SixLauncher, 12 hours ago military tents and dead soldiers were well behaved.

Tried switching servers, both daylight and darkness, still occurring, that area is not only blinding but psychedelic.

Relaunched the game twice, now it's suddenly no longer happening.

Edited by sya

I might report bugs, but it is still annoying that you report something, and a mod doesnt come in and leaves a note

You do realize that the post you made was at 7AM Eastern time?? If Rocket lives anywhere but the eastern US it could be even earlier. Give it time he will fix it.

BTW I have the same error. Always near military camps (Ive seen it at Starry, NWAF, and Green Mountain)

You do realize that the post you made was at 7AM Eastern time?? If Rocket lives anywhere but the eastern US it could be even earlier. Give it time he will fix it.

BTW I have the same error. Always near military camps (Ive seen it at Starry, NWAF, and Green Mountain)

I wrote another post after the one i made, i didnt take the time into account so that is my bad :)

Its barbed wire

as a guy already replied to you, its not only barbed wire, but it is also barbed wire so i think, its hard to locate the issue other than saying its military objects like tents, barbed wire and some have even reported that it is military zombie bodies or something along that line

yeah i understand, but its saturday and this is a small dev team. it will probably be fixed either by a hotfix later today, or on monday.

your best bet is to rollback to 1.7.2.3, or to just wait for the fix. not much else we can do.

they might have even responded in the patch thread, but there are so many pages, it got burried.

Naaah im not gonna rollback, ill stick this one out hehe sometimes i can get it removed for just a bit or decrease it by flushing and fiddling around with my gfx settings and reverting them back to where they were, its pretty weird, but yeah the mod and game is lovely :)

I might have just resulted into rage because of this, and i felt we werent being listened to but im hoping we are

Have the same issues, could improve it somewhat by matching video resolutions for desktop and 3D, but still makes certain military parts unplayable. Have ATI card.

Word for word the exact same Balota incident happened to me 5 mins ago before I logged off, I thought my hardware was melting lol

I don't know if anyone else has noticed but under VIdeo Options > Advanced there's a couple of new settings, do you think this is what has caused this?

I don't know if anyone else has noticed but under VIdeo Options > Advanced there's a couple of new settings, do you think this is what has caused this?

naah these settings were there before this patch, i think it has something to do with the beta patch and the dayz patch not working well together, it could be something completely different so yeah, all we know is that its there lol :D

• Like 1

I can confirm this for the Berezino Army tents. Went there with a group of 3, and all encountered the same errors, when - and only then - looking in the direction of the military encampment.

I confirm the same for Cherno.

1.7.2.4 and latest beta files

Lu180 server.

It's not just at balota it happens in lots of places. Happened for me near Berenzino too. It's totally unplayable for me now. I can run pretty much any game even recent games at high to max settings despite having an older PC ...but DayZ is awful now. 5-15 fps if I'm lucky, whereas before 1.62 I was getting 25-60, average of 45 FPS

Really hope this gets sorted soon as I miss playing dayz. I just spent about 4 hours trying to play, most of the time spent trying to get servers to load, then eventually when they did load I get this

418305_4115354597570_2134008615_n.jpg

Not a HAPPY CHAPPY >:(

DFI LanParty UT Expert

Opteron 165 @ 2.8ghz

2Gb High Quality Ram

GTX 260

Sound Blaster 2 Audigy 2 Zs

That's a good idea, and I have rolled back. Unfortunately there are virtually no servers still running 1.7.2.3, especially here in australia :(

256486_10150931305225373_167883727_o.jpg

Totally unplayable for me. Just thought I'd share my experience. This is in Berezino near the supermarket.

Edited by Sylett

Same here, heavy Display errors on Balota Airfield

System FX-5000 Quad core

Mainboard: M4A77D 3GB Ram

Graphics: GF 9500GT

Jesus people its in Alpha stage. ALPHA. Calm your nips, stuff like this is bound to happen. Stop complaining and go play some Battlefield or something untill this is fixed...

Date/Time: Sunday June 24th 11:35pm - Monday June 25th 12:15am

What happened: When entering Balota from the west towards the east nearby the dock ware house I encountered large screen artifacting never before encountered in game. It only happened when I looked in the south west to west directions. Looking any other direction it would not happen. It happened in third person and first person in varying severity. At times the entire screen would literally be filled. It also started from a specific point at the center of the screen.

Where you were: Western edge of Balota entering the dock yard

What you were doing: Walking, crouch running, running, proning making my way towards the docks of Balota to meet with a friend.

*Current installed version: 1.7.1.5

*Server(s) you were on: US - 121

*Your system specs:

Core I7 920 CPU

ASUS X58 Sabertooth Mobo

12GB (6x2GB) 1600MHz Patriot Viper Series 9-9-9-24 latency ram

2x XFX Radeon HD5770 1GB DDR5 GPU's up to date drivers

320 GB WD Caviar Blue HDD

Windows 7 64Bit Home Premium SP1

*Timeline of events before/after error: Entering balota it occured. When escaping balota and a horde of zombies it happened again. Only happened in the field to the immediate west of the Balota docks within roughly 50-100 yards of the fence. Once past the fence it died shortly thereafter.

Had the same thing happen to me at Balota and also the military tents in Stary

Unplayable for me with an ATI HD 6950. Please get it fixied ASAP! Thanks