Sign in to follow this  
ThatBritshGuy

Please fix this.

Things were going really well, I found a gun, got some ammo, had a nice full set of military cloths with a assault vest, enough food and drink to last me a while. I was dressed like a hero because that's how I like to play, walked into a barn, I went up the first set of steps, found nothing. So, like any normal person I walked half way down the steps and accidentally walked off the side of the steps I was already half way down and you know, this is like less than a metre of the ground and just like that, dead, not a broken leg, not knocked out, just dead. For starters in I should have obtained no injuries what so ever off that tiny little fall but I died, and now I'm sad... Please fix this.    

Edited by ThatBritshGuy
  • Like 1

Things were going really well, I found a gun, got some ammo, had a nice full set of military cloths with a assault vest, enough food and drink to last me a while. I was dressed like a hero because that's how I like to play, walked into a barn, I went up the first set of steps, found nothing. So, like any normal person I walked half way down the steps and accidentally walked off the side of the steps I was already half way down and you know, this is like less than a metre of the ground and just like that, dead, not a broken leg, not knocked out, just dead. For starters in I should have obtained no injuries what so ever off that tiny little fall but I died, and now I'm sad... Please fix this.    

Welcome to DayZ.

What was your health status? Energized, hungry? At healthy status, falls like that shouldn't even break a leg. Oh yeah, and we've all died like that. It's bs, but yeah. You're lucky you didn't just break your legs and have to lay there and starve to respawn.

• Like 1

this is like less than a metre of the ground and just like that, dead, not a broken leg, not knocked out, just dead. For starters in I should have obtained no injuries what so ever off that tiny little fall but I died, and now I'm sad...

Hello and welcome to the forums. :)

Whilst I still don't agree with that, considering the amounts of gear you're carrying on you, plus a weapon in your hand (most likely) - you can easily break your legs falling off the edge like that.

But remember, that it's still Alpha / Early Access and things like that (such as falldamage) are subject to change.

The same thing that killed you there, has fired me off the side of a fire station at high velocity. You then land, stand about for a bit, continue as before.

You just wait till you move from stairs to ladders! Those are the true enemy in DayZ.

• Like 1

Welcome to DayZ.

What was your health status? Energized, hungry? At healthy status, falls like that shouldn't even break a leg. Oh yeah, and we've all died like that. It's bs, but yeah. You're lucky you didn't just break your legs and have to lay there and starve to respawn.

Full health, not thirsty and I was energized

Hello and welcome to the forums. :)

Whilst I still don't agree with that, considering the amounts of gear you're carrying on you, plus a weapon in your hand (most likely) - you can easily break your legs falling off the edge like that.

But remember, that it's still Alpha / Early Access and things like that (such as falldamage) are subject to change.

Yeah I understand its alpha, Its still great fun just things like this can get annoying :P

Yeah I understand its alpha, Its still great fun just things like this can get annoying :P

I hear you. You'll learn to deal with it. And jump over to a point where you ignore the existence of ladders. ;)

[...] had a nice full set of military cloths [...] I was dressed like a hero [...]

Lolwut?

Tell thanks, that's you did not get killed by ladder

ppl slipped in bathtube and died thru broken neck - so, what was your point?

Lolwut? You can have military cloths on and look like a hero...

I'd like to see a screenshot of that specific military hero look...

Probably a full camo gear, gasmask and a pink basecap for herotouch.

Cant screenshot is because I died but these links consist of the stuff I was wearing...

http://dayz.gamepedia.com/Tactical_Shirt

http://dayz.gamepedia.com/Beret

http://dayz.gamepedia.com/UK_Assault_Vest

http://dayz.gamepedia.com/File:SummerHunterPants.png

http://dayz.gamepedia.com/Working_Boots

Don't know about you but this does not scream bandit to me... I could easily mock up a classic military bandit look if you really wanted me too...

ppl slipped in bathtube and died thru broken neck - so, what was your point?

My point is that I did not slip in a bathtub...

My point is that I did not slip in a bathtub...

Yup, you prefer slippin stairs.

And just tellin, recently a friend of mine just broke his feet while leavin the bed - still pissin my pants on that.

Sure, this might happen to 1:1000000 - but it's gonna happen - normally u can walk/ fall down from those stairs without any harm but sometimes - BAAAM.

In general i agree fall damage need be adjusted.

Edited by Guest

Full health, not thirsty and I was energized

So did it look like this:

zcqEd9v.jpg?1

You're only truly 'healthy' if you have a green glowing bar in your inventory that says so (which only appears if you have a green glowing 'energized and hydrated' bars that you get from eating alot and drinking alot of soda and water). If you don't have at least that, your health just stays low, so if you were weakened by repeated zombie attacks, shots etc, you may have just been really weak and the fall was just the straw that broke the camel's back. Or, your back, in this case.

If you knew all this, and you were fully healthy, I guess it's just a glitch. I personally have fallen fairly far off of stairs in healthy status and it just ruined my pants and everything in it, didn't even knock 'healthy' status off.

Edited by Amias Free