Sign in to follow this  
willhelm

Pistol mags

I know this has been mentioned before but i think it needs to be brought up again

pistol magazines are rarer than guns, i have found 5M4s, 3M1911s, 1CZ75. 3Amphibias. And like 5 FNXs 

And only one M1911 magazine, and like 3 fnx mags

-_- it's ridiculous. Pistols should also spawn with a magazine in them, it's annoying

I feel your pain dude I've had the1911 for a week and I can't find a damn mag for it.

They should defiantly increase the spawns of these considering I hav found 2 60round mags for my m4 before I can manage to find a pistol mag.

Though this is a problem I don't think it's necessary to spawn the gun with the mag.

• Like 3

I feel your pain dude I've had the1911 for a week and I can't find a damn mag for it.

They should defiantly increase the spawns of these considering I hav found 2 60round mags for my m4 before I can manage to find a pistol mag.

Though this is a problem I don't think it's necessary to spawn the gun with the mag.

I found five 1911's before finally finding ONE mag for it, and it only holds 7 bullets D:

I know this has been mentioned before but i think it needs to be brought up again

pistol magazines are rarer than guns, i have found 5M4s, 3M1911s, 1CZ75. 3Amphibias. And like 5 FNXs 

-_- it's ridiculous. Pistols should also spawn with a magazine in them, it's annoying

I really agree with u guy, the guns should spawn with the own mags (at least most of the times) couse -almost- everybody who use a gun have a mag to put in it, and another fact is that most of the times who have a gun have more than a mag for this cause EVERYBODY needs to reload. So, to my mind, they should at least put more mags to find than gun. :|

I really agree with u guy, the guns should spawn with the own mags (at least most of the times) couse -almost- everybody who use a gun have a mag to put in it, and another fact is that most of the times who have a gun have more than a mag for this cause EVERYBODY needs to reload. So, to my mind, they should at least put more mags to find than gun. :|

How about we simply spawn with guns and all the ammo for it?

Seriously though, the game doesn't need to be made easier, in the contrary. Yes, I do agree there is an issue with guns and that there are way too many guns compared to mags, and that's why we should simply reduce their number and make guns really rare, at least some more than others (in my honest opinion..). But spawning guns with mags? I mean come on.. Sure, if you find it on someone's corpse, there will be ammo and mags as well, but for guns in storage? No. The first thing you learn if you go and take lessons for a gun permit is to never hold ammo right by your weapons (in the same locker for example).

Edited by VonHabdekeiten

I find too many pistol mags, I end up throwing them away.

• Like 1

I find too many pistol mags, I end up throwing them away.

Same.  Kids probably have a hard time finding them because they're playing in 3rd person and the mags are too small for them to see over-the-shoulder.

• Like 2

Seriously though, the game doesn't need to be made easier, in the contrary. Yes, I do agree there is an issue with guns and that there are way too many guns compared to mags, and that's why we should simply reduce their number and make guns really rare, at least some more than others (in my honest opinion..). But spawning guns with mags? I mean come on.. Sure, if you find it on someone's corpse, there will be ammo and mags as well, but for guns in storage? No. The first thing you learn if you go and take lessons for a gun permit is to never hold ammo right by your weapons (in the same locker for example).

Hey want to know something? We're not talking about making the game easier, we're talking about making it playable.

And do you think in the middle of a fucking huge epidemic, that people are going to go out of their way to make sure their guns are left out without any ammo in them at all? This goes especially for civilian weapons, such as the 1911, so yea. They should spawn with a magazine inside of them. 

You might of been confused this whole time about what the gun spawns were like in the mod. This isn't that though, so don't worry, guns wont spawn with 11 mags beside them, nor will it be like breaking point with AKMs on every surface possible.

But we definentally need to increase their spawn rate (magazines) because it's fucking ridiculous. I've looted NWAF 12times, found countless guns and only one 1911 magazine. not to mention how many schools, barracks at pavlovo or anywhere else. 

Same.  Kids probably have a hard time finding them because they're playing in 3rd person and the mags are too small for them to see over-the-shoulder.

Trust me, I raid every area clean when searching for pistol magazines.

Edited by NevadaDG
  • Like 2

I threw out 4 1911 mags, 2 FNX mags and 2 Amphibia mags after 1 run of NWAF and the Vybor mil base. Decided carrying them was pointless since I already had an M4, Mosin, Magnum and CR75 with plenty of mags/rounds.

I don't get why people complain so much, they spawn in nearly all military spec buildings. Fire stations and barracks being the most common.

• Like 1

Hey want to know something? We're not talking about making the game easier, we're talking about making it playable.

And do you think in the middle of a fucking huge epidemic, that people are going to go out of their way to make sure their guns are left out without any ammo in them at all? This goes especially for civilian weapons, such as the 1911, so yea. They should spawn with a magazine inside of them. 

That's the thing. People won't leave their weapons and ammo at all in the midst of an apocalypse. First thing they'll do is take them and leave! Those however who didn't have the chance to make it to their weapons and die will still have their weapons safely locked and secured away from their ammunition at home. Same applies for any military installation. Soldiers take the weapons and ammo they need, but all that is in surplus is left out where it was the whole time, not brought up magically together to the one same spot under the bed.

What I'm talking about is to make the game realistic. If you find that it isn't playable that way, that you need everything given to you all together right on start so that you can proceed afterwards shooting all on your way, there are other games more suitable for you. As it was said many times before, this is a survival game, not Call of Duty, not some FPS, but survival. Guns are rare. Ammunition even more. What do you do in that case? You deal with it. You make out of your environment what you can and try to last as long as you can. It's pretty easy right now if you ask me, and there's no reason to make it easier.

Edited by VonHabdekeiten
  • Like 1

Any gun owner will tell you that normally a pistol comes with an empty mag pre-loaded in it.  I'd be nice if the same idea were applied to this game.

Maybe as a compromise, a pistol could come with a basic mag and then looting could yield larger mags.  Kinda like how the M4 has 10, 20, 30, and 40 round mags.

• Like 2

Guy, I'm not talking about the gun come full of ammo, but just to come with the mag, but this one can come empty. 

U need to interpret what the others r trying to say... <_<

I threw out 4 1911 mags, 2 FNX mags and 2 Amphibia mags after 1 run of NWAF and the Vybor mil base. Decided carrying them was pointless since I already had an M4, Mosin, Magnum and CR75 with plenty of mags/rounds.

I don't get why people complain so much, they spawn in nearly all military spec buildings. Fire stations and barracks being the most common.

That's fucking hilarious concerning i know how many times i've looted NWAF to find jackshit, and no mags.

If you have that many magazines, you're probably on one of those high loot servers 

That's fucking hilarious concerning i know how many times i've looted NWAF to find jackshit, and no mags.

If you have that many magazines, you're probably on one of those high loot servers 

AU 1/2/3/4 Experimentals mostly. So the same loot as everyone else.

That's the thing. People won't leave their weapons and ammo at all in the midst of an apocalypse. First thing they'll do is take them and leave! Those however who didn't have the chance to make it to their weapons and die will still have their weapons safely locked and secured away from their ammunition at home. Same applies for any military installation. Soldiers take the weapons and ammo they need, but all that is in surplus is left out where it was the whole time, not brought up magically together to the one same spot under the bed.

What I'm talking about is to make the game realistic. If you find that it isn't playable that way, that you need everything given to you all together right on start so that you can proceed afterwards shooting all on your way, there are other games more suitable for you. As it was said many times before, this is a survival game, not Call of Duty, not some FPS, but survival. Guns are rare. Ammunition even more. What do you do in that case? You deal with it. You make out of your environment what you can and try to last as long as you can. It's pretty easy right now if you ask me, and there's no reason to make it easier.

Okay listen to me I DO NOT PLAY COD, Enough with  the fucking references they annoy everyone.

Also, i love this game, i have 300+ hours clocked on it, and i KNOW it's a survival game. But i can't find any magazines regardless of what server, nor can my entire clan searching for them, find any. I also play in first-person. But not only that we've found hundreds of guns. What this thread is about is the fact that there're more guns than actual magazines.

What the fuck do you think happened to the magazines? They flew away? They got burried? What?!

You're saying that you never leave a gun with a magazine in it. Right that's reasonable because it's a legal requirement, but you need to put the mags somwhere. Maybe in the locker a floor above? Under your pillow? Idk, but you have to put them somewhere, and as of current my group of 12 people today have found 10+ m1911 mags, no CZ mags, but we've got 10 of eacfh gun -_-

Pistols loaded with an empty magazine sounds fair to me.

I've never found a pistol besides a single magnum I found the other day. Never seen a pistol mag. M4 galore, though.

What this thread is about is the fact that there're more guns than actual magazines.

Yes, I do agree there is an issue with guns and that there are way too many guns compared to mags, and that's why we should simply reduce their number and make guns really rare, at least some more than others (in my honest opinion..). 

I know what your thread is about and I already gave you my opinion on the issue. I was simply answering to HeyGuy_72's suggestion of spawning one mag or more along with most guns, which I thought would make the game ridiculously easy.

I know what your thread is about and I already gave you my opinion on the issue. I was simply answering to HeyGuy_72's suggestion of spawning one mag or more along with most guns, which I thought would make the game ridiculously easy.

Guess its a good thing we're not talking about most of the guns then.  Just pistols.

Same. Kids probably have a hard time finding them because they're playing in 3rd person and the mags are too small for them to see over-the-shoulder.

Or you know, there just aren't enough mags to go around on a 40 person hardcore server, but plenty of pistols and M4's
  • Like 2

+1

Edited by zonn44

but for guns in storage? No. The first thing you learn if you go and take lessons for a gun permit is to never hold ammo right by your weapons (in the same locker for example).

What? People who maintain firearms for self defense often keep a magazine with their weapon, if not loaded in their gun on condition two or one depending on the model and set up. I keep a M92FS loaded for personal defense myself. In the US military, weapons used for resource protection are often stored in combination safes with loaded magazines for quick access during off duty hours. Lets not forget the last owner may have not had time to detach the magazine before not needing it anymore. RNG with mags and extra rounds would work good for this game.   

Found 2 1911 mags, no 1911.

It's backwards for me though.

;-;,, lucky

i agree that there should be more mags, atleast in civilian spawn points... they are not rare in military buildings but besides that they are nowhere to be found, atleast if you compare it with the spawn points of the guns. They only "mag" that is quite common are the quickloaders for the magnum, shotgun and 2 shot rifle atm. the magazines should spawn in the same locations as the gun itself imo, tho not at the same time.

Tho i wouldnt mind if you could find a gun with a magazines and a few shots from time to time (tho very rare, and should be worn/damaged)

And yes there should be more mags available than guns in general and they really have to reduce the weapon spawns in the future. i just looted the new small town in the north and i found 6 weapons (4 guns, 2 rifles), and guess what, not one magazine.

They only "mag" that is quite common are the quickloaders for the magnum, shotgun and 2 shot rifle atm.

But as far as i know the current spawn tables are alpha as well. New items spawn more often than old ones for testing purpose

I learned today that you can chamber single rounds into pistols without the need for a magazine. Seems fair to me. Magazines should be a little more common, though, but I now think that pisols shouldn't necessarily spawn with one already attached.