Tonyx97

Bags ruined? What happend then?

Hi guys, today I was breakfasting and I was thinking about damage in the bags, so we know that the damage in the bag items depends on if someone shoot you in a part of a bag. Four days ago I was playing DayZ and someone started to shoot me and I fell unconscious, when I woke up, my bag was ruined and in the bag there were items ruined and items pristine and I thought that doesn't matter if my backpack is ruined, I continued taking items... What happend if my backpack is ruined? nothing. My suggestion is difficult to explain so I'll show you a pics.

Normal backpack state: http://imageshack.com/a/img838/130/g0ra.png

Someone shoot you in a part of the backpack: http://imageshack.com/a/img31/2258/7g1u.png

what happend if someone shoot you in a part of the backpack: http://imageshack.com/a/img853/9070/5yyi.png

Make this more realistic! :D It's my idea. Thanks for read.

Edited by Tonyx97

They plan on doing something for ruined bags obviously, I hope they still allow items in the bag, but they fall out after a certain period of time

• Like 1

Yes, good idea for realism.

However, I wouldn't really like this, because well.

Too much realism can destroy the fun.

But overall, I would like to see, that for example:

You get shot in the upper part of the backpack.

And then 1-2 items in the 2 top lines get damaged/ruined.

Because right now, dmg in backpacks is totally random, it seems

I don't like the idea of items falling through a hole in your Backpack because i don't think most guns make a bullet hole that big to make a can of beans fit through.

And if it would depend on the weapon how big the hole is, a shotgun at close range would make all your items fall out :D

I don't like the idea of items falling through a hole in your Backpack because i don't think most guns make a bullet hole that big to make a can of beans fit through.

Yup, I do really like the idea of precise damage in only one part of the bag but I would be way softer about it. Here's how I see it:

The box hit by the bullet would be determined as best as the game can and then that box would see it's content ruined, whatever it is. If it takes several boxes, weapons for exemple, rice, cereals, it would still be ruined, but in the case of a container like a medical pouch, a random content would be ruined, the pouch would go down one step in it's damage meter as well as all other objects in it. One Bullet shot would destroy what ever it touches but have very limited impact on the rest.

At last, the hole would take the bag one step down in it's wear and tear state, which would increase the probability it will break and spill content on the floor after attacks, jumping, ... if not patched up.

a 12 gauge to the back would blow you in half. depending on the type of bullet hydra shok a 357 would blow a hole the size of a soft ball in you its accurate and not enough in my opinion. hell shit getting damaged is awesome to me hell gives you something to do. it would be nice if you could sew up the holes in clothing loot backpacks and the stitches show so you could have a toon who looks ragged and worn out. yet has functional clothing/gear. and there is no such thing as to much realism in this game there are a fuck ton of other games that are just games this need to be for the hardcore zed fans the guy and gals that want a true experience not the pussies who want it easy. it might kill the fun sometimes but realism is why I play this or at least keep up hope that one day I will see it flourish into the best damn zed game ever. hell if you guys want an easy zed game theres always L4D1,L4D2,dead island,black ops1-2 zombies, these are all arcade like. sorry if I piss anyone of but fuck this game being like that hopefully the guns start acting more like there real counter parts but I think they dumb them down on purpose to make us miss and have long gun battles(hahahahaha). or to give the guy your shooting at a chance.except for the mosin unless your like most and can't shoot for shit I suck at sniping I'm to hyper for sitting.i need to move

a little off topic, but they need to fix fall damage from ruining the players pants, thats a little ridiculous.  The pants and some stuff in the pants gets ruined, very much a pain and unreal

a little off topic, but they need to fix fall damage from ruining the players pants, thats a little ridiculous.  The pants and some stuff in the pants gets ruined, very much a pain and unreal

Again, I agree, falling off stairs and breaking your legs is already exaggerated but having your pants and all it's content ruined is really frustrating. They will have to make it so that the first way to ruin your cloths is when you go prone. Also, vaulting would damage already damaged clothes.

a 12 gauge to the back would blow you in half. depending on the type of bullet hydra shok a 357 would blow a hole the size of a soft ball in you

Yeah it puts that kind of holes in YOU, but we're not talking about a person, its about the Backpacks. And i dont think its the same with the cloth or poly material these are made of. (of course that would depend on the range of the shot and the ammuniton it gets shot with)

For example an m4 with 556 does tiny holes in these materials where even a can opener couldnt fall out.

In my opinion it would be enough if the damage system wouldn't be that random in terms of stuff getting ruined in your backpack.