Sign in to follow this  
potapmisha

Weapons

I've seen this (http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/172276-the-communitys-list-of-suggested-weapons-for-dayz-standalone-important-announcement-read/) thread... What do people suggest? Many Russian and Soviet weapons, it's good. But where in real post-soviet poor state you can find weapons like M240, M249, M134, M14, G3A3 and more west weapons? You want another Breaking Point with ACRs, Mk17s in damn Chernarus? We need to add more and more soviet weapons, but not west! Maybe some common weapons can be added, like Remmington shotguns and rifles, but not high level military guns.

Completely agreed. I want a game where there isn't really any military gear at all, just a bunch of hunting rifles and target-shooting handguns with civi clothes and backpacks, but that's never gonna happen...

But where in real post-soviet poor state you can find weapons like M240, M249, M134, M14, G3A3 and more west weapons? You want another Breaking Point with ACRs, Mk17s in damn Chernarus? We need to add more and more soviet weapons, but not west! Maybe some common weapons can be added, like Remmington shotguns and rifles, but not high level military guns.

Where's that guy that argues the arma lore in every single one of these threads? I like his work, It actually makes sense as he knows the story and such..

Side note, Guns travel, When there's no one running borders, Things are easy to move, When the zombies are eating faces, No one is stopping people from driving around in cars full of stolen military loots.

I'd rather see a wide array of guns that make gameplay enjoyable, then like 12 different guns, Because people think having an M4  is "Immersion breaking".

Edited by Preach

Where's that guy that argues the arma lore in every single one of these threads? I like his work, It actually makes sense as he knows the story and such..

Side note, Guns travel, When there's no one running borders, Things are easy to move, When the zombies are eating faces, No one is stopping people from driving around in cars full of stolen military loots.

I'd rather see a wide array of guns that make gameplay enjoyable, then like 12 different guns, Because people think having an M4  is "Immersion breaking".

Haha, I just want to have the feel of a post-apocalyptic countryside that has been completely abandoned with no military weapons at all. Kick-Ass civis ftw!

Haha, I just want to have the feel of a post-apocalyptic countryside that has been completely abandoned with no military weapons at all. Kick-Ass civis ftw!

I'm not suggesting things like M60's, Glock 18's, Masada's, or anything like that. I just think it's be boring running around with 6 different bolt action rifles, 3 lever actions, 2 breach loaders and 6 pistols.

I like variety, and so do most other people.

In 1982 an american embassy was Robbed, which was stationed in khazakstan, the weapons included m107s, m16s, G3S, G36C, Socum 12, Desert Eagle ae with Longslide. These weapons were blue printed and sold to Russians, and these weapons ended up in the hands of the Russian Mafia.

There would be SOME western weapons, like the M1911, 92f, G3, FAL, various hunting rifkes and a few M240s, M4A1s and M16A4s in Chernarus. But yeah, the Majority would be AKM, SKS, SVD, PKM, PPS-43, M91/30, Makarov, TT, Nagant, ect.

But i hope your not one of tge people who ONLY want eastern weapons. There isn't a magic western weapon barrier, although they are less common than Communist-Era weapons.

I'm not suggesting things like M60's, Glock 18's, Masada's, or anything like that. I just think it's be boring running around with 6 different bolt action rifles, 3 lever actions, 2 breach loaders and 6 pistols.

I like variety, and so do most other people.

I agree with you. I just think that the most of the guns should be Soviet guns, such as the AK-47 or an AS Val, maybe even an SV-98 *Clap clap clap* Overall, I agree with you that variety is good, but so should realism. Western weapons would just be very rare, and only obtainable in military areas, with a very rare chance to spawn in large cities such as Cherno or Elektro.

In 1982 an american embassy was Robbed, which was stationed in khazakstan, the weapons included m107s, m16s, G3S, G36C, Socum 12, Desert Eagle ae with Longslide. These weapons were blue printed and sold to Russians, and these weapons ended up in the hands of the Russian Mafia.

Dude... WTF... half those guns didn't even exist in 1982  and only two are used by the US. Story sounds like extreme BS, which is what i assume it is. Want kind of embassy has M107s?

Of course it's bullshit, i was piss taking... somebody said theres always that 1 guy with the facts. 

Btw I'm well aware that they are all not american, i just threw a bullshit story in with random guns that came to mind, just to let you know, "Half of those guns didnt exist in 1982"

Socom (commonly known as ("Colt Socom", or "Colt OHWS")- 1962, Modified 1911 frame, in use from 1962- present

M107- Designed 1980, In use from 1982.

G3- 1959

m16-1962, Designed for Vietnam War.

D Eagle- 1982.

G36C- 1997, however, G3- 1959, The G3 model was a basis for all Models in the line, The G36c stands for "G36 Compact, which is mistakenly referred to as Close-combat, or Commando." The gun was prototyped during the Cold war. It is a german weapon, but is commonly seen around the world due to it's cheap and robust design. It was a popular gun from Arma II, this is why i mentioned it.

Of course it's bullshit, i was piss taking... somebody said theres always that 1 guy with the facts. 

Btw I'm well aware that they are all not american, i just threw a bullshit story in with random guns that came to mind, just to let you know, "Half of those guns didnt exist in 1982"

Socom (commonly known as ("Colt Socom", or "Colt OHWS")- 1962, Modified 1911 frame, in use from 1962- present

M107- Designed 1980, In use from 1982.

G3- 1959

m16-1962, Designed for Vietnam War.

D Eagle- 1982.

G36C- 1997, however, G3- 1959, The G3 model was a basis for all Models in the line, The G36c stands for "G36 Compact, which is mistakenly referred to as Close-combat, or Commando." The gun was prototyped during the Cold war. It is a german weapon, but is commonly seen around the world due weto it's cheap and robust design. It was a popular gun from Arma II, this is why i mentioned it.

M107 was the M82 back in those days.

A G36 isn't a G3. It doesn't matter if its based off one.

Deagles were just the base models back then. There wasn't "long slide" types like there are now.

Chernarus is based on the Czech republic. Meant to be a non land locked version.

The Czech republic uses M4s, M60s, MP5s, etc. in their military.

Just because a country was once under soviet rule, doesn't mean they still have to use Warsaw pact weapons.

Chernarus is based on the Czech republic. Meant to be a non land locked version.

The Czech republic uses M4s, M60s, MP5s, etc. in their military.

Just because a country was once under soviet rule, doesn't mean they still have to use Warsaw pact weapons.

Yeah but thats not Chernarus, which is meant to be poorer than the czech republic and on Russias doorstep, Chernarus is very similar to Ukraine militarily and they almost exclusively use AK-74s and AKM's

Yeah but thats not Chernarus, which is meant to be poorer than the czech republic and on Russias doorstep, Chernarus is very similar to Ukraine militarily and they almost exclusively use AK-74s and AKM's

Well, in the same vein, all of the UN and foreign military helmets/clothing would suggest international intervention wouldn't you think?

There are New Zealand berets, UK assault vest, UN helmets, US tactical shirts, etc.

• Like 1

There are New Zealand berets, UK assault vest, UN helmets, US tactical shirts, etc.

New Zealand did not send any troops to Chernarus, we all know perfectly well why that particular hat is there.

It is an easter egg. It is not a plot point.

What about the Evil Santas inside the smokestacks? Should we add an absurd backstory for those as well? No.

Same idea.

New Zealand did not send any troops to Chernarus, we all know perfectly well why that particular hat is there.

What about the Evil Santas inside the smokestacks? Should we add an absurd backstory for those as well? No.

Same idea.

The santas started it all.

Same idea.

SO all of the other foreign military equipment was delivered by the santas?

Well, in the same vein, all of the UN and foreign military helmets/clothing would suggest international intervention wouldn't you think?

Yes, but they would or should only be found in certain areas, such as the bases used by the USMC for example. The UN helmets were used by Chernarus anyway, so thats why they are there, and the UK assault vests, well IDK why they are there but I guess just like Ukraine (which has been seen using quite a bit of DPM) Chernarus could of used them as well.

Yes, but they would or should only be found in certain areas, such as the bases used by the USMC for example. The UN helmets were used by Chernarus anyway, so thats why they are there, and the UK assault vests, well IDK why they are there but I guess just like Ukraine (which has been seen using quite a bit of DPM) Chernarus could of used them as well.

All of those UN and US soldiers, possibly UK, are now zombies, wherever they died is where you should be able to find their gear.

All of those UN and US soldiers, possibly UK, are now zombies, wherever they died is where you should be able to find their gear.

Yeah, in their bases, if any where still there. Because they wouldn't be the first to respond, and they only would once it is too late and it is about holding back the invasion, so they would probably be at the coast or at their base trying to stop the zombies and get the civilians out. But there stuff wouldn't be everywhere, only a few places. And even then there weapons would be very rare.

Yeah, in their bases, if any where still there. Because they wouldn't be the first to respond, and they only would once it is too late and it is about holding back the invasion, so they would probably be at the coast or at their base trying to stop the zombies and get the civilians out. But there stuff wouldn't be everywhere, only a few places. And even then there weapons would be very rare.

The weapons and mags should be relatively common, much as they are now. Finding bullets to put in those mags should be atrociously difficult.

There are bases, roadblocks, checkpoints, relief centres etc. where soldiers would be present. Not taking into account all the vehicle convoys and foot patrols.

Then you look at the fact that various people that may have survived initially, and picked up various military weapons only later to become zombies themselves.

There should be a higher chance of finding them at places like military bases, police stations and such, but not ruled out of being in other places.

The weapons and mags should be relatively common, much as they are now. Finding bullets to put in those mags should be atrociously difficult.

There are bases, roadblocks, checkpoints, relief centres etc. where soldiers would be present. Not taking into account all the vehicle convoys and foot patrols.

Then you look at the fact that various people that may have survived initially, and picked up various military weapons only later to become zombies themselves.

There should be a higher chance of finding them at places like military bases, police stations and such, but not ruled out of being in other places.

Yes, although I think ammo should be more common than mags and weapons. But the military weapons you do find should be mostly eastern, Western weapons should only really be found in certain areas and still be extremely uncommon.

Yes, although I think ammo should be more common than mags and weapons. But the military weapons you do find should be mostly eastern, Western weapons should only really be found in certain areas and still be extremely uncommon.

I'll argue constantly that western weapons should be in the game, then throw them all away for a druganov or an akm.

I've seen this (http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/172276-the-communitys-list-of-suggested-weapons-for-dayz-standalone-important-announcement-read/) thread... What do people suggest? Many Russian and Soviet weapons, it's good. But where in real post-soviet poor state you can find weapons like M240, M249, M134, M14, G3A3 and more west weapons? You want another Breaking Point with ACRs, Mk17s in damn Chernarus? We need to add more and more soviet weapons, but not west! Maybe some common weapons can be added, like Remmington shotguns and rifles, but not high level military guns.

there was a war...

Ill just make this short and sweet.

Lever Action rifles

Search Function