Sign in to follow this  
Okeebc

Impact of Zed aim at chest change

A lot is being said since the patch and its associated changes concerning zeds. One change is being mentioned in passing without much discussion concerning the effects it will ultimately have.

My experience so far post patch is one hit from a zed will ruin at least one thing in my vest. Two hits and multiple items in my vest are ruined. If I am swarmed by respawns and hit three times or more I find that I have a lot of ruined gear in my vest and/or jacket and/or top of backpack. I would be interested in hearing from others if they have experienced this sort of thing.

The aim change makes carrying important survival gear in chest slots very risky. For those who travel lite already, loosing the security of items tucked away in and under a vest really shrinks item storage. A conscience decision has to be made on what to put in those slots and what your willing to loose.

If you couple this with the fact that things in pant slots are highly susceptible to damage, the only safe storage is the bottom of a backpack. One third of available slots roughly. I suppose this is plenty of room for the things a survivor really needs, which at the moment happens to be LOTS of bandages.

The change seems simple at first glance, no big deal. But when you look at the big picture and how it will change the way people play you will see that it causes a chain reaction that has a huge impact on survivability after an encounter with zeds. It has changed my play.

Anyway, your thoughts are welcome. 

I agree, I've noticed the same trend since the patch. Always carry ammo in your shirts/jackets. If it's damaged, you can split it until you've only one ruined bullet per slot.

I've yet to play the latest build so I haven't seen the changes in action, but am aware of it in the patch notes. What you've bought up is a rather interesting thought and hopefully it will change the way people with full gear will play when it comes to zombies. Obviously it's a little difficult now with zombies glitching through walls, repsawning next to you and being invisible, but those bugs aside I feel it makes them more of a threat. You actually have to deal with them now when going into towns to loot rather than just running past them as if they're not there. Hopefully once the zombie bugs are fixed, performance improves we'll see more zombie numbers, and people actually having to fight zombies rather than get hit by them and run off thinking little of it. 

Edited by Yorkie065

tough zombies and consequences for being hit by them - awesome 8)

Edited by tiadashi