We need to be more creative! Small mortars are feasible in the game. Military bases should also contain these pieces because it should be. Just make it very rare.

I think these small mortars can't be zeroed if I am correct. So that means you will have to gauge and lob a few rounds before you get a hit.

It's a fire for effect weapon.

That's even worse, not plaussible at all! Army trying out their shots over an area that might still have survivors? You'll never get your mortars, just deal with it.

That's even worse, not plaussible at all! Army trying out their shots over an area that might still have survivors? You'll never get your mortars, just deal with it.

No! I will pray to all gods in this planet if that's what it takes to get my mortar.

To further regulate it: Use the British L91 51mm light mortar launcher and it should only be shoulder carried then the shells take 2 or 3 slots in the backpack.

we're NOT soldiers, but just survivors, and personally i think common poeple can't know how to use a mortar, so NO

actually our best time in game was spent tring to take a building controlled by KOSers or moving in cities and military bases covering each other, with mortars you can simply blow out a building when you see someone go in, also if you are one against 5 while actually you will think twice before open fire vs. a large group of players, that's simply shitty so NO NO and.... NO!

By the way if you need more weapons and military stuff (imo the spawn rate of fire weapons must be reduced of 90%) there's a game called Arma.. maybe you can find evrything you want there..

Edited by JKS-Alex
  • Like 1

Why are people so dead-set on turning this into CoD? I don't get it. If you want to play a zombie/survival-intense game play this. If you want to play a game with a body count play CoD or BF. You cant combine the two effectively IMO. There are so many CoD type games out there and there are so preciously few games like DayZ out there, leave it alone!

Edited by Danp1121
  • Like 3

v4hxv7z6117u.gif

but srsly:

vptonhwju59t.gif

C'mon.

I know, it's real and shit.

But it would be OP kinda and not good

Why are people so dead-set on turning this into CoD? I don't get it. If you want to play a zombie/survival-intense game play this. If you want to play a game with a body count play CoD or BF. You cant combine the two effectively IMO. There are so many CoD type games out there and there are so preciously few games like DayZ out there, leave it alone!

CoD map's are to small even for grenades.

The reason people want this is for Clan combat, which it could be fun for, but protecting and supporting a DshK or even an RPG or a Support gunner with a PKM would probably be better, and less OP, and might be something bandits would pick up irl.

I'de rather not have clans being the only way to play, and if you tried lone-wolfing, you would be blown up by Mortars and T-72s. I don't see how that's fun at all.

Screw mortars, I want ALL of those!

http://www.trendhunter.com/trend

222521_1_600.jpegs/revolution-weaponry

Bwahahahahahahahahahaha!

TBH mortars dont really fit in, but then again items such as this are common in small outposts.

They are easy ti implement as well as we have seen in Arma.

I wouldnt really mind mortars as they are not all that accurate (in arma) and could be effective against snipers.

Gotta be rare and ammo once initially scavenged should be almost impossible to find.

Rgds

LoK

I say add it. It takes serious amounts of training and skill to even aim the damn thing. You'd be lucky if you hit the broad side of a barn with it. Not to mention mortar rounds aren't 100% reliable and either don't blow up, or land on the ground in front of you. Plus on top of all that you'd have to lug it around like some pack mule just to use it on the rare occasion you see someone in the distance and have enough time to get it set up and fire off a round before they get close enough.

I don't see why they would add it, purely because it's not really a necessity like a Kalashnikov assault rifle (WE NEED AN AKM PRONTO) but there's no logical reason against adding a mortar either. The thing would be so hard to find, and the ammo so hard to find, and the ability to aim it so hard, and the fact you can't have a backpack while carrying it so stupid that it really wouldn't be bad for the game play. It's not like Call of Duty or Battlefield where mortars are dead-on 100% accurate where you aim them with the stupid flight-path indicator things like a golf game has.

I say add them if they want. They're not needed though.

if they make it like in ACE mod this would be great, rounds would be rare and practice would be necessary to use it, as in ACE, it is quite complex. No firing computer. Realistic too and you could mount it on trucks for insurgent-style attacks.

CoD map's are to small even for grenades.

The reason people want this is for Clan combat, which it could be fun for, but protecting and supporting a DshK or even an RPG or a Support gunner with a PKM would probably be better, and less OP, and might be something bandits would pick up irl.

I'de rather not have clans being the only way to play, and if you tried lone-wolfing, you would be blown up by Mortars and T-72s. I don't see how that's fun at all.

If you are a lone wolf, i imagine shelling clans and running off or evading mortars might be fairly fun, especially if you end up surveying a huge clan war. 

Even if they stick to more realistic zombie survival horror, the modders will please all. And probably make a better game out of it anyway. lol

• Like 1

I want to see a potato cannon. You can load it with stuff and just shoot apples, cans or bloodbags on other guys.

• Like 2

These are the DayZ forums, where people do not want any high-capacity, select-fire, and/or long-ranged rifles, machine-guns, or explosives of any kind.

Edited by Chaingunfighter
  • Like 3

If you are a lone wolf, i imagine shelling clans and running off or evading mortars might be fairly fun, especially if you end up surveying a huge clan war. 

Yu can't lug around a mortar and ammo alone. it takes 2-3 people.

• Like 2

These are the DayZ forums, where people do not want any high-capacity, select-fire, and/or long-ranged rifles, machine-guns, or explosives of any kind.

Someone needs to tell Dianne Feinstein to fuck off.

Why are people so dead-set on turning this into CoD? 

Don't give CoD credit. You can't use complex items like mortars in that game as it's user age base is in the low teens.

we're NOT soldiers, but just survivors,

Some people want to roleplay as soldiers, and even soldiers can't achieve easy kills with only one mortar tube and a handful of shells. If you look at the sight on a mortar, it's not easy to score accurate hits. If anything it would be as effective as machinegun fire at 800+ meters with added encumbrance. I think people need to look into how a mortar works. In the military it's several mortars in unison to archive effect. One or even three tubes and 20 shells wouldn't be enough to saturate one of the bay cities. I say add it, look at other interesting things like shooting flares or smoke into towns.

• Like 1

Don't give CoD credit. You can't use complex items like mortars in that game as it's user age base is in the low teens.

Some people want to roleplay as soldiers, and even soldiers can't achieve easy kills with only one mortar tube and a handful of shells. If you look at the sight on a mortar, it's not easy to score accurate hits. If anything it would be as effective as machinegun fire at 800+ meters with added encumbrance. I think people need to look into how a mortar works. In the military it's several mortars in unison to archive effect. One or even three tubes and 20 shells wouldn't be enough to saturate one of the bay cities. I say add it, look at other interesting things like shooting flares or smoke into towns.

*Average cod age is 9

Yeah, your mortar effectiveness thingy is pretty a accurate. But the problem is, Arma uses a "Targeting Computer" in which it shows a map and you click where you want the shell to land. So the crew would usaully set up in some forest and lob shells into a base without being detectable Even if they add an ACE type system, i still don't think this should be added, becuase it would be to much work for something that would only be used for trolling, base raids and base defence. I mean really, mortar or Sniper rifle for counter-sniping?

Plus, who has ever heard of a mortar being stored under some guy's bunk?

You're right. Adding the mortar would mean that using it would require to use the sights and no targeting computer interface. It would deter the call of duty crowd, who seem to lack patience to learn such a machine from using it to grief players. Smaller groups should laud the presence of a mortar. As a small team could use it to rout a larger group that has a base and effective sniper cover. That being said the earlier suggestion of  adding RPG-7s would be a great idea too. There should be more than one way to clear a sniper. Rockets and mortars aren't as scary as marksmen fire in several ways as a sniper can correct a missed shot with a follow up with ease of concealment while mortars can't see their targets and warn their targets with whistles and RPGs take weight,are very long to reload and expose you with noise and vapor trail.   

Snip

Maybe because mortars are man portable? 

How the hell did this thread make it to 46 responses?

How dare people like ideas you don't like.

• Like 2

How dare people indeed, Dale. I'll let your attitude slide this time. Don't make me break out the wrath of Carl Winslow on you.

No really, though...mortars make zero sense in this game.

• Like 1