Sign in to follow this  
abbortle@gmail.com

[SOLVED]Camera is stuck zoomed in halfway

So after the update to the first .42 version on experimental, my camera started sticking halfway zoomed in.  It also 'shutters' as in it very minutely zooms in and out rapidly, obvious when staring at the tree line.  When i open the steam overlay the camera zooms back out to normal and stops shuttering, i close the overlay and it zooms back in to halfway.

I've fixed the issue on one occasion for a single play session.  I've reached my wits end trying to solve it again, so here i am.

Things i have done to try and resolve it:

- Reset all keybindings/graphics settings back to default.

- Renamed the DayZ folder in both documents and appdata so the game will make new, default folders.

- Complete reinstall.

- Fiddled with all settings fiddlable in game.

- Unplugged my mouse and keyboard while in game.

- Turned off cloud sync in steam.

- Pressed every key on my keyboard.

- Double tapped every key on my keyboard.

The one time i "fixed" it was after changing the names of my config folders in appdata and documents, then went in game and turned off vsync.  That made the camera zoom back out to normal.  Doing the same thing does nothing for the problem.

Edited by Erenyx

Try.. Messing with the fov slider or pressing the + button on your numpad. This sounds really weird...

It is really weird.  I've messed with both the FOV and all the camera keys, including the plus(+) and minus(-) keys.  As well as double tapping them.  The plus(+) key of course zooms the camera all the way in, double tapping it making it a toggle.  The minus(-) key zooms it all the way out.  My camera is stuck between fully zoomed in and normal.

Edited for clarity.

Edited by Erenyx

Maybe they broke it so ppl won't abuse it anymore?

What are you talking about?

Nevermind.

Edited by Erenyx

LMFAO jesus i knew it was something simple like that.  You sir are my problem solving hero.  It was my damn controller bumped up against something.

/facepalm

Thanks

:D

Don't forget to edit your original post and put 'SOLVED' in the title

Edited by Trigger Hippy