Mullraugh

The new update is amazing!

Sitting back laughing at all the complaining that the KOS and Bandit players are doing after the update.  Hummmm,  "this sucks...I can't be an AH to another player in the game, they need to fix this!!"   OH really?  They did fix it!  Fixed the issue of all the shooting fools in the game...now enjoy your weapons and you better hope you have plenty of ammo because you're going to need it. 

Sooner or later they'll figure out that they need to put their weapons away and quit shooting at the Z's....I think the rest of us understand these people might be a little slow upstairs and need time to realize how to deal with Z's.   

The tables are turned.....look who's crying now!

Hint:  Start ditching the loads of ammo in your gear......bandages are your friend now!  Might want to pickup a few sticks too along the way for the broken legs you'll have. 

The game is manageable right now if you just use your axe to deal with the Z's but if you go in to town shooting, whether it's at Z's or other players, you're going to get what's coming to you.  You'll learn soon enough.

This has changed the game completely...Elektro was really quiet last night on a day server.  Wonder how the new spawns are dealing with the issues along the coast?  Seems it would make it a little more challenging to loot any area that has Z's if you don't have an axe at least.  That part of the update is going to really challenge new players to DayZ.    They might want to spawn people away from the towns and cities and move the axe loot out into the smaller towns in the sticks so players have a chance to get somewhat prepped to deal with Z's at least.

Sitting back laughing at all the complaining that the KOS and Bandit players are doing after the update.  Hummmm,  "this sucks...I can't be an AH to another player in the game, they need to fix this!!"   OH really?  They did fix it!  Fixed the issue of all the shooting fools in the game...now enjoy your weapons and you better hope you have plenty of ammo because you're going to need it. 

Sooner or later they'll figure out that they need to put their weapons away and quit shooting at the Z's....I think the rest of us understand these people might be a little slow upstairs and need time to realize how to deal with Z's.   

The tables are turned.....look who's crying now!

Hint:  Start ditching the loads of ammo in your gear......bandages are your friend now!  Might want to pickup a few sticks too along the way for the broken legs you'll have. 

The game is manageable right now if you just use your axe to deal with the Z's but if you go in to town shooting, whether it's at Z's or other players, you're going to get what's coming to you.  You'll learn soon enough.

This has changed the game completely...Elektro was really quiet last night on a day server.  Wonder how the new spawns are dealing with the issues along the coast?  Seems it would make it a little more challenging to loot any area that has Z's if you don't have an axe at least.  That part of the update is going to really challenge new players to DayZ.    They might want to spawn people away from the towns and cities and move the axe loot out into the smaller towns in the sticks so players have a chance to get somewhat prepped to deal with Z's at least.

Zombies are still fairly easy to deal with once you get them down. I logged on a hardcore server as a fresh spawn, and was easily able to take a zombie with my fists. It did make me bleed, but if your fast enough you could avoid this entirely.

^^^^^  Good to hear that, was worried that it might be too hard to get going in the game after the update.

The "new" update has honestly been out for a almost a month maybe more i forget, its a bit crazy how slow they are moving considering the success. I speak of the experimental of course where they have had this "new update" for that long.

I give dayz another month, month half max, for it to start showing an increase in development speed or else im gana consider dayz a partial scam since they aren't using the money to expedite development and improve it even further and instead chalk it up to them soaking up the profit and keeping the quality mediocre compared to what they could be doing.

You clearly do not understand what an Alpha or a dev cycle is. The patch this time around was not pushed to Stable as 1. they did not want to end up with severe bugs like the death loop prior & 2. Dev recently found possible source for a severe bug that they were tracking down. As to the dev cycle, it has been stated time and time again that this alpha would be on for the most part of 2014; Aside from this the game is largely playable - putting aside the new server disconnection issues;

this update is fucked... so I log in to being attacked by two zombie.. run upstairs.. se another player we both kind of  freak out and then we just freeze.. while bleeding.. and frozen I decided I should probably log out.. and character wipe..

experience 2..

new character. log on.. run around 2 minutes later. kicked from the server..

:D YAY for shitty updates

You just found the ALPHA endgame...enjoi !

• Like 1

this update is fucked... so I log in to being attacked by two zombie.. run upstairs.. se another player we both kind of  freak out and then we just freeze.. while bleeding.. and frozen I decided I should probably log out.. and character wipe..

experience 2..

new character. log on.. run around 2 minutes later. kicked from the server..

:D YAY for shitty updates

Most likely it was just frozen on your end (probably "Session lost" bug), and that other guy just took you out.

The "new" update has honestly been out for a almost a month maybe more i forget, its a bit crazy how slow they are moving considering the success. I speak of the experimental of course where they have had this "new update" for that long.

I give dayz another month, month half max, for it to start showing an increase in development speed or else im gana consider dayz a partial scam since they aren't using the money to expedite development and improve it even further and instead chalk it up to them soaking up the profit and keeping the quality mediocre compared to what they could be doing.

I think you have a point, game has been out since mid December and development rate is slow to say the least!

yes I agree I was going to start a thread showing my appreciation but no need I LOVE THE ZEDS yes I do.They broke one of my bones and I swear a tear came to my eye, luckily I had a splint. theres so much more loot it seems maybe its me I seen a post earlier from a cat that was wanting more garbage loot I say to hell with that give these guys time and all the loot will be useful for at least something at that's what I think all of us have been craving. the game has also been running a lot better I haven't dsync'd once except right before restarts(yellow daisy chain). if we keep seein this kind of movement forward we got in store for us then we got a lot to look forward to fellas.

I think you have a point, game has been out since mid December and development rate is slow to say the least!

though it has been slow some of us have been patient to play it on stable hence less bugs etc. and more loot but non the less I was impatient at first thought they are moving so slow and I woke up today UPDATE damn job......I know they put it off and I'm glad its been a joy all night long wandering around seeing new towns new placements and of course new loot(atleast for me). I'm glad its a little slow look at project zomboid its been in production for a grip and its been re designed almost at least once and its a masterpiece and its not complete. this game is going to be the same we all need to be patient which is a phrase I think most of you playing this game would know by now since that's usually the key to survival. rant terminated.
  • Like 1

Yes I agree definetly Gannon, it was great news to play with new update yesterday, in my own review of the game so far I concluded that I expect it will take a few months until it is considered ‘playable’ by the masses. But for zombie-fans, or anyone who likes exploration or apocalyptic style games, I recommend the Alpha version of the game while it is discounted. The alpha may be early, but it has much more polish than many other early games. With the strong team over at Bohemia Interactive the game is pretty much guaranteed to become one of the best zombie games later this year.

However I would love to see a bigger effort from the Dev’s to continue to get the zombies and the PVE (player vs environment) challenge increased dramatically, as a priority. My main fear is the game continues to have too many people falling into bandit play style due to not enough PVE Challenge, this is turn puts off new players.

Look! I'm a Farmer!!

I like that coat! :) Also, the new sound for opening sodas is much better. The old sound was a bit more realistic in my opinion, maybe because when I open cans it sounds like that, but the new sound id definitely more "comforting".

Edited by Princess Dookie

So far I've noticed servers by multiplay seem to be having issues but that's not unusual.  They are a pretty crappy hosting site.

Hi Caboose, I'm the Multiplay community manager!

Issues? Not unusual?

Please elaborate! I'd be very happy to hear what issues you have  :)

I hate this update... I mean we just had to rush them didn't we? Because now all that happens is that I get killed by BS, was  nearly maxed out, and then bam when I press tab to pick up some loot on a 2 storey building it pushes my character through the wall and I get killed. Killed by zombies 2 times, jesus its not about manning up when im completely defenseless because while on my screen im running around im actually being beaten to death by zombies, or I can't even bandage myself despite having no desync and 19 pings because of server lag so I die again. I don't blame the devs for this, but of course this could of been avoided if we didn't push them so hard,