Mullraugh

The new update is amazing!

I love the new update. It's awesome. The amount of zombies is perfectly perfect to keep you wary of them. I still haven't figured out fires and all that cool stuff, but I will - granted they're actually in the update. I love it! Anyone who complains about the zombies needs to mannnnn up! It's the zombie apocalypse, and now it actually feels like it!

Look! I'm a Farmer!!

ybskDNj.jpg

• Like 4

oh, yeah. Except for the fact that there's massive amounts of server lag and everyone and everything just freezes as you run around and try to figure out what's going on. But other than that it's amazing.

• Like 5

The "new" update has honestly been out for a almost a month maybe more i forget, its a bit crazy how slow they are moving considering the success. I speak of the experimental of course where they have had this "new update" for that long.

I give dayz another month, month half max, for it to start showing an increase in development speed or else im gana consider dayz a partial scam since they aren't using the money to expedite development and improve it even further and instead chalk it up to them soaking up the profit and keeping the quality mediocre compared to what they could be doing.

• Like 2

I love the new update. It's awesome. The amount of zombies is perfectly perfect to keep you wary of them. I still haven't figured out fires and all that cool stuff, but I will - granted they're actually in the update. I love it! Anyone who complains about the zombies needs to mannnnn up! It's the zombie apocalypse, and now it actually feels like it!

Look! I'm a Farmer!!

ybskDNj.jpg

Yeah, because in an apocalypse, in addition to infected people, physics will only work on us but all infected people will walk through solid matter and appear from another dimension in front of you.

• Like 3

The "new" update has honestly been out for a almost a month maybe more i forget, its a bit crazy how slow they are moving considering the success. I speak of the experimental of course where they have had this "new update" for that long.

I give dayz another month, month half max, for it to start showing an increase in development speed or else im gana consider dayz a partial scam since they aren't using the money to expedite development and improve it even further and instead chalk it up to them soaking up the profit and keeping the quality mediocre compared to what they could be doing.

Uh oh.   Prepare to be blasted for saying the truth.  This is fucking alpha.   All games increasingly Get worse during development.   This is perfectly planned.

• Like 3

Uh oh.   Prepare to be blasted for saying the truth.  This is fucking alpha.   All games increasingly Get worse during development.   This is perfectly planned.

DayZ Gets better during Development.

Actually alot of the new items weren't in the experimental. Sooooo...yea. LOL

• Like 2

I don't play the experimental servers. Mostly because I don't know how, but really because it's a spoiler. It's like reading the ending of a book before starting it.

Edited by mullraugh
  • Like 1

I don't play the experimental servers. Mostly because I don't know how, but really because it's a spoiler. It's like reading the ending of a book before starting it.

You right click on DayZ in your steam, go to "Properties" Go to the "Beta" section or whatever it's called. Then click "Opt in Experimental/beta" or something like that. It then updates your game, which will take a while. To go back to stable you do the same thing, except click "Opt out of beta/experimental"

I'm liking the new update too.

Seems like a sort of animation focused update but it really feels like things are moving in a good direction.

My biggest concerns so far are the zombie collision detection what with wall ghosting and such but I know that's an issue that's being addressed and no reason to get all bent outta shape. I mean...alpha right?

I'm really looking forward to the new weaponry they have planned as well as the hunting and new environmental changes.

And hopefully increased zombie count and more locations with infected, like the open woods and highways, are gonna be in the mix soon, but so far it seems like DayZ SA still has workable potential. And I don't see it being a downhill production though it does seem to be slowing in development. Bohemia Interactive is no high-end production house so I wouldn't doubt they're having some things that need to be worked with before just cranking out the game and fixing things up instantly.

Over time we'll see how good this game gets but as of now there's a lot of hope for it

Edited by Rhaazerus

I haven't played for a few weeks, since every time I try there's massive lag, desync, "session lost", crash to desktops... I rage quit within minutes.  Looks like I'll just sit tight until some of these issues are ironed out. 

I'm liking the new update too.

Seems like a sort of animation focused update but it really feels like things are moving in a good direction.

My biggest concerns so far are the zombie collision detection what with wall ghosting and such but I know that's an issue that's being addressed and no reason to get all bent outta shape. I mean...alpha right?

I'm really looking forward to the new weaponry they have planned as well as the hunting and new environmental changes.

And hopefully increased zombie count and more infected areas are gonna be in the mix soon, but so far it seems like DayZ SA still has workable potential and I don't see it being a downhill production though it does seem to be slowing in development. Bohemia Interactive is no high-end production house so I wouldn't doubt they're having some things that need to be worked with before just cranking out the game and fixes things up instantly.

Over time we'll see how good this game gets but as of now there's a lot of hope for it

Damm do I miss the laughing man dayz servers they were damm good. I just saw your profile picture and was reminded of them instantly, damm good servers.

You know they have a small development team right? This is why progress is slow, and they don't need to be reminded that updates are slow. Good games take time, rather then making a shitty game fast. Either wait like all the rest of us to see some (more) progress or uninstall and leave the forums.

Edited by Mesmaroth

Just got my first can of tactical bacon.  Although prior to the update I was looking for food and found a berry bush but it was the wrong one so needless to say my guy is puking his guts out right now

this update is fucked... so I log in to being attacked by two zombie.. run upstairs.. se another player we both kind of  freak out and then we just freeze.. while bleeding.. and frozen I decided I should probably log out.. and character wipe..

experience 2..

new character. log on.. run around 2 minutes later. kicked from the server..

:D YAY for shitty updates

• Like 3

this update is fucked... so I log in to being attacked by two zombie.. run upstairs.. se another player we both kind of  freak out and then we just freeze.. while bleeding.. and frozen I decided I should probably log out.. and character wipe..

experience 2..

new character. log on.. run around 2 minutes later. kicked from the server..

:D YAY for shitty updates

You combat logged. When you log out, your avatar sits down and stays in game for 30 seconds. So the dude probably killed you. Don't combat log.

• Like 1

So far I've noticed servers by multiplay seem to be having issues but that's not unusual.  They are a pretty crappy hosting site.

Is this sarcasm? If not, It should be.

Why?  Because there are actually players out their who realize what they bought and go into when they agreed to purchase the Alpha and can take the updates for what they are worth knowing that there is going to be issues?  Is that the sarcasm you are looking for?

• Like 2

Is this sarcasm? If not, It should be.

This is not sarcasm. Unless you count it as being sarcastic to sarcasm in which case they cancel each other out, but it still uses the word sarcasm so it counts.

I'm genuine. I love this new update.

The new zombie spawn system is a shitty placeholder (not complaining, just acknowledging) and It it makes it quite annoying to loot a person I just murdered with a M4 because everyone and their sister comes running to you. It won't be here for long, though. No worries.

Instead of murdering survivors and complaining that the spooks are doing their job too good, try slaughtering the spooks instead. If you've got enough ammo to waste on a harmless person, you've got enough rounds to drop a horde of slimy zombie scums

Edited by mullraugh
  • Like 1

Instead of murdering survivors and complaining that the spooks are doing their job too good, try slaughtering the spooks instead. If you've got enough ammo to waste on a harmless person, you've got enough rounds to drop a horde of slimy zombie scums

I agree! people have been looking for something that makes us cooperate. And this is a apocalypse and ofcourse we should be batteling zombies.

Yesterday me and my friend went to Svetlojarsk with 2 sawed-off shotguns and the zobies kept rushing at us all the time. It was a really nice challange just to drink some water. THATS A SURVIVAL GAME!!!

Love the update!!

the update was cool, but there is  a LOT of problems with the servers.