Sign in to follow this  
uberfrag

How are people currently getting around this strange design flaw?

Ok lets just start off and say before I get tons of replies such as "its alpha noob" I just want to say I kinda like the fact that rain now makes your clothes wet and damages gear, it adds a sense of realism to the game and whilst realism doesnt always = fun, I'm interested to see how it pans out.

However with the game in its current alpha state and nowhere near its completion I am a little confused why this has been added into the game at this stage and what I am wondering is how you guys who played on experimental got around this issue.

What I am currently finding is, me and friends are logging on a server and the conversation is going like this.

Me: "ok guys where are you, lets meet up"

Friends: "We are in Elektro, where are you?"

Me: "Cherno, but I cant run to you cause its raining and my gear will get wet and ruined"

Friends: "yep raining here too"

Me: "ok lets log to a different server"

Friends: "this sucks....ok"

Wait 250 seconds...all login to a new server and

Me: "ok its raining here too....."

Above is a slightly over simplified version of the problem but I think you get my point, without the ability to travel around in vehicles and stay dry then it hinders my ability to play the game at all as I am at the mercy of the rain.  When I think survival game, I'm thinking more about survival from other players, zombies, starvation, dehydration etc etc...I dont see where the devs thought hiding in the house from the rain would somehow translate into fun.

So again, how did guys on experimental get around this? 

Edited by Fragga

Rain will not ruin your gear. You WILL get sick but if you keep moving you wont. Also this is to keep ppl from running everywhere like Rambo with little risk involved. Elements are supposed to play a huge factor in the gameplay as well. Expect shit to get much harder latter to. So your going to have to plan your whole day out rather than go gun ho everywhere now.

Edited by Deathlove

Surviving the elements will definitely be a huge part of the game. Clothing (raincoats etc.) will help, I don't think that's been implemented yet though.

• Like 1

You have to wait until the rain is over,or wear a raincoat.

Devs will improve each individual item's water resistance down the line.

Would you run all the way for Cherno to Elektro without expecting to get wet?

Trust me,when vechicles are implemented,you will be laughing about it.

Edited by Damnyourdeadman

Are rain ruining your stuff? If so, whats realistic about that? It's just stupid, if true.

I get it, if you can get a cold or rain affecting your clothes, but it doesn't ruin canned food or clean and oiled up weapons.. 

• Like 1

Are rain ruining your stuff? If so, whats realistic about that? It's just stupid, if true.

I get it, if you can get a cold or rain affecting your clothes, but it doesn't ruin canned food or clean and oiled up weapons.. 

dude just get some sewing kits and weapons repair kits if your running into this issue. They work WONDERS for repairing things.

• Like 1

so now rain makes you sick?

that's awesome.

:thumbsup:

Edited by silverman

Surviving the elements will definitely be a huge part of the game. Clothing (raincoats etc.) will help, I don't think that's been implemented yet though.

well it is working but only the Wellie boots work atm for keeping you dry.

dude just get some sewing kits and weapons repair kits if your running into this issue. They work WONDERS for repairing things.

I know, but rain shouldn't affect all items. If one's clothes could not withstand being wet, I for sure couldn't afford wearing clothes in real life.. ;)

pretty sure rain doesn't do anything but get you and your clothes wet at the moment - in the future it will cause you to get sick and contribute to the damage of your gear. you can also get wet by wading through a stream, pond or the surf.

• Like 3

I Know it will grow however the one thing I notice both on experimental and Stable is you get way more rain than sunny days.  I would say 75% of the time is cloudy and rainy.  I think THAT should be balanced out.

• Like 1

pretty sure rain doesn't do anything but get you and your clothes wet at the moment - in the future it will cause you to get sick and contribute to the damage of your gear. you can also get wet by wading through a stream, pond or the surf.

This is my understanding too, saying as though there is no body temperature or anything yet (as in the mod), I would assume all it does it make your clothes and gun wet...without any real side effects. Also there is no mention in the latest changelog/patch notes of rain having any detrimental effect. Some confirmation would be good though.

Seriously?  Rain ruins gear now but the fucking zombies still walk through walls and spawn into thin air right before your eyes?  Are you fucking serious?  What is theoint of adding realism to our characters person but having zero realism in our surroundings and npcs?

Tell me you are fucking joking?

You WILL get sick but if you keep moving you wont.

Has this been confirmed? afaik wet/damp/dry are purely status at present with no consequences on health or gear?

Nope nothing of this has been confirmed afaik.

At the moment: Rain will make clothes wet/damp but not ruin clothes, not ruin gear, not make you sick.

Edit: Just checked...nope, can't confirm that by now.

Edited by LaughingJack