Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Rolling Update Rev - 0.43.116251

They dont bounce around the problem, they're working on a hotfix. The fact that there is no fix (yet), shows that the problem is probably bigger than they thought. It's probably very frustrating to the devs, that the question you ( and many others ) ask, and keep asking. And it's not helping in any way, asking for an ETA on a fix...

Stop being a Dev fan boy. Your the only person I've found give a bit of information on the subject every where i check none of the devs are keeping anyone up to date 

• Like 2

They dont bounce around the problem, they're working on a hotfix. The fact that there is no fix (yet), shows that the problem is probably bigger than they thought. It's probably very frustrating to the devs, that the question you ( and many others ) ask, and keep asking. And it's not helping in any way, asking for an ETA on a fix...

You claim that people asking questions on the ETA for the hotfix is not helping the dev's and is 'frustrating' them. I don't know you, maybe you have some insider info ? is this fact or your opinion? Essentially shooting down your fellow DayZ community members for asking questions on this subject is counter productive, especially if it's an opinion!? Maybe if you re-direct your approach and spend the same time helping people you could support community members who aren't as knowledgeable as you claim to be.

i for one don't use social media much at all, so can you kindly provide a link on where i would get an update please? i normally check the change log's first post which normally has the ETA's updated there. In this case i don't see an edited post of this nature.

Cheers!

Edited by hitt0r
  • Like 3

I thought I would point something out to everybody. 

Experimental and Stable are two different forms of one game. When you transfer new content and/or fixes to stable, stable is subject to unpredictable occurrences. This happens in other games that allow players to test changes within a testing environment. One game specifically being League of Legends.

until there's a fix for this fail patch, why are there no servers with .37? at least that was highly playable. c'mon peeps, it's almost weekend..at least if forest alpha would be released :(

Because there's no point stress-testing .37. 

Stop being a Dev fan boy. Your the only person I've found give a bit of information on the subject every where i check none of the devs are keeping anyone up to date 

Devfanboy lol

You seem to be completly blind. How about you follow the Devtracker or their Reddit/twitter accounts?

You don't want to? You want everything in the forum where it will be hated,cryed about and raged by some kids like you over and over and over again?

No thanks.

For people who are really interested in this game and try to help out its working out either way.

Only lazy asses are crying for every information to be directly handed over to them on a silverplate.

Now go ahead. Call me a fanboi just because I'm not a frigging lazy douchbag.

Edited by Ellen Ripley

Couldn't we roll the servers back to the previous update and have experimental for fixing the current network issues?

• Like 1

You claim that people asking questions on the ETA for the hotfix is not helping the dev's and is 'frustrating' them. I don't know you, maybe you have some insider info ? is this fact or your opinion? Essentially shooting down your fellow DayZ community members for asking questions on this subject is counter productive, especially if it's an opinion!? Maybe if you re-direct your approach and spend the same time helping people you could support community members who aren't as knowledgeable as you claim to be.

i for one don't use social media much at all, so can you kindly provide a link on where i would get an update please? i normally check the change log's first post which normally has the ETA's updated there. In this case i don't see an edited post of this nature.

Cheers!

Check DayZ Reddit with the devs filter on.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DayZ/search?q=flair%3Adevs&sort=new&restrict_sr=on

Or look through Hicks' twitter.

https://twitter.com/Hicks_206

Here is also couple of Hicks tweets that address the session lost issue.

g8JCsdW.png

6pkWgMy.png

mmfxzO3.png

n93BLAl.png

• Like 3

Guess your wrong! Check http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/forum/131-devtracker/ and u'll see they're working hard on a patch. What do you expect? Something like:

7:01: "Hey, we maybe found it"

7:02: "Ah snap - that doesn't fix it"

7:03: "Doing another test"

7:06: "Ah snap - doesn't fix it, too"

7:10: "Right now doing another test"

7:16: "Ah snap - not helping"

Marry one of them or just read the dev blogs and chillax... They're working on it

• Like 2

Couldn't we roll the servers back to the previous update and have experimental for fixing the current network issues?

NO

That would take even more time from developing/fixing whats wrong on stable right now.

Also they have no obligation to serve you playable versions. All they have to care about is making progress on developing the game. If that means pissing off thousands of players because they are impatient and can't wait for it to work again its the players fault.

Seriously I thought by now everyone who is into Multiplayer gaming would know to have patience. That shit is always unreliable. No need to cry about it.

NO

That would take even more time from developing/fixing whats wrong on stable right now.

Also they have no obligation to serve you playable versions. All they have to care about is making progress on developing the game. If that means pissing off thousands of players because they are impatient and can't wait for it to work again its the players fault.

Seriously I thought by now everyone who is into Multiplayer gaming would know to have patience. That shit is always unreliable. No need to cry about it.

Whats with the terrible attitude?

It was a simple question.

Remove the stick from your ass.

• Like 1

Whats with the terrible attitude?

It was a simple question.

Remove the stick from your ass.

Next time, think about something before posting & asking. Then I won't have to beat you with the stick that I'm hiding in my ass.

Seriously don't you think they would have done that if it helped?

It would only have confused everyone more then everything else. Also that way they can start collecting data on the new version/bugs

Edited by Ellen Ripley

Next time, think about something before posting & asking. Then I won't have to beat you with the stick that I'm hiding in my ass.

Seriously don't you think they would have done that if it helped?

It would only have confused everyone more then everything else. Also that way they can start collecting data on the new version/bugs

You need to stop thinking you're a dev mate. :)

Have a nice day.

• Like 1

Because there's no point stress-testing .37. 

sorry, what do you mean by "stress-testing .37"? It s better than nothing, I sincerely already miss playing Dayz :)) and it's not only me, I have at least 5 other RL friends who dropped it after the '>1 minute invisibility' bug (I called it that way because I'm reporting effects, not causes:) Or at least give server owners the possibility to decide which version they run, that would seem legit and thoughtful to the community. 

NO

Hold your Pferden, Ellen, the DayZ community is a diverse one, no one ask you to be the speaker. after all, we all helped this game become what it is (playing it, reporting bugs, suggesting content and behavior and not to forget massively buying the alpha) and what will be and I don't think we, the category who still wants to fluidly play it (even without the new content)  exaggerate by kindly requesting some .37 servers, as long as is not Bohemia who's paying for hosting. PS: your NO is simply adorable, no offense :)

Silenced guns are only silent in movies. Their advantage is the sound is muffled slightly and so supersonic whip crack when the bullets whiz past someone. Makes it harder to gauge direction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jakdMOZHRdM

please knowledge up and stop watching whiskey tango backyard tobacco spit guntards. subsonic rounds boots

Your all turncoats, when its going well your all like, "oh its so awesome good work" when something go wrong with there progress your all bitching, its a half price game, an not even a full release yet.

I'm not going to say its perfect, I would indeed prefer more specifics about a hotfix, Are we going to be playing this tonight with hotfix tomorrow or next week, that knowledge calms things. 

Edited by Droopy Piles

Have a nice day.

You'll notice 2 types of people here.

- There's people who remain positive and show patience with the development of the game. We ( yes, I'd like to believe I fit in this category ) know fixing bugs takes time, we know adding new content ( hats, weapons, buildings etc ) is easier than it is to fix problems in the core mechanics of the game. We take these bugs for granted, and we hope that these get fixed in due time. We are not fanbois, devfans etc etc, we give credit where credit is due, and we give positive(!) criticism where needed.

- There's the other group, who constantly complain about bugs the devs are fully aware of. Those who take every oportunity to bash at the devs, or those in the first group of people for defending the devs. These people show only impatience, negativity and rude behavior overall. These people have no clue about huge projects and/or development ( games or any kind of development ) and what it means to work against the clock. They show no respect towards the community and the developers.

Now.. You ( and everyone else ) may want to change your attitude a bit more towards the first group, show respect to those who deserve respect.

tl;dr

No one here is pretending to be a dev ( even if some of us are ), we're only trying to be respectful

• Like 4

sorry, what do you mean by "stress-testing .37"? It s better than nothing, I sincerely already miss playing Dayz :)) and it's not only me, I have at least 5 other RL friends who dropped it after the '>1 minute invisibility' bug (I called it that way because I'm reporting effects, not causes:) Or at least give server owners the possibility to decide which version they run, that would seem legit and thoughtful to the community. 

Hold your Pferden, Ellen, the DayZ community is a diverse one, no one ask you to be the speaker. after all, we all helped this game become what it is (playing it, reporting bugs, suggesting content and behavior and not to forget massively buying the alpha) and what will be and I don't think we, the category who still wants to fluidly play it (even without the new content)  exaggerate by kindly requesting some .37 servers, as long as is not Bohemia who's paying for hosting. PS: your NO is simply adorable, no offense :)

No offense taken. But "simply" putting up new servers or downgrading available ones. Its not simple or even if it is it takes time. Time better spent somewhere else. Thats all.

See they would possibly have to set up a new hive only for the lower version. Thats unnecessary extra work. What for? So people can play this week/weekend ?

Meh. Its an overkill if you ask me. 

• Like 1

If I was them I would leave it like this for over a week just to teach you guys a lesson.

• Like 1

If I was them I would leave it like this for over a week just to teach you guys a lesson.

I'm glad you're not them...

• Like 3

well, I only suggested that to be taken in consideration, if it's not too complicated to be setup, it would bring great happiness to the poor bitchers that we are :D besides, you'll get rid, at least for a while, of the not-so-patient part of the trigger-happy DayZiers and will be able to focus, relaxed and positive, on the colors of the boonie hats or the textures of the wool coats (which, I agree, are awesome, but for the category previously mentioned, are only salt-on-wounds). And yes, maybe we are not that patient, but we also take this game seriously. Peace and see you in the mod.

• Like 1

People stop complaining please! Its very annoying going trough a thread searching for info when its nothing but whinners here! I really dont want to read about your pathetic experience, i want to read what the devs got in store and when they are gonna fix something! Have patience, you al know what you got into, everytime i play the game i have to accept that its buggy and that it will affect my gameplay! But i love the game anyways!

• Like 1

People stop complaining please! Its very annoying going trough a thread searching for info when its nothing but whinners here! I really dont want to read about your pathetic experience, i want to read what the devs got in store and when they are gonna fix something! Have patience, you al know what you got into, everytime i play the game i have to accept that its buggy and that it will affect my gameplay! But i love the game anyways!

You wont read in here what the devs have in store for us. They use twitter/reddit/tumblr for that. This is a discussion forum, about the latest stable patch.

Glad you're showing patience though, and like you, even with bugs, I love the game as well :)

Have a nice day.

Our characters aren't compatible with the previous version. I could've logged out at the top of a new police station and have various new items on me. What would happen then? Some sort of inception type vibe...at best.

Well.. there's an idea  <_<

• Like 7