Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Rolling Update Rev - 0.43.116251

seems like a problem with syncing the clients/hive :

when i join i see people getting disconnected from the game.

a friend joined a few minutes later and voila : another wave of players is "leaving"  the game.

my problem to connect to a server seems to be related : while i endure this ridiculous loading time (since patch that is)
and another player tries to connect meanwhile the game kicks us both of...or maybe the last one joining can stay and the guys that
are still loading are getting booted of the game. definately a sync problem imho :|

#669,667 usw.... jungs ihr seid mir scheissegal. auch was ihr meint zu denken, den trash geb ich mir nicht.
glaubt doch nicht im ernst dass ich mir das dummgetrolle über meinen text auch noch lese oder :D  yolo ihr spaten
das spiel hat ein problem. get over it ihr vögel ...wegen meiner pudert euch weiter den arsch und wälzt euch in eurem
entsetzen... :D da geht mir einer drauf ab...WENN ich es lesen WÜRDE trolololol xD

man kanns aber lesen, achso ja, SO HAT MAN DIE MEINUNGEN VOR 70 JAHREN AUCH NACHBEARBEITET ...denkanstoss !

oder wenn du einfach ungebildet bist : 70 years ago they did the same u know....

Edited by hatAHNUNG
Nien

so far i logged on and played for about an hour, so they added new guns and items like the sickle and the hoe...

they made zombies 100 times more annoying, now they make you bleed in every hit and their melee range is increased.

if you shoot your gun about 20 zombies come piling towards you nonstop until your ammo runs out or you die.

oh and they run through walls and buildings, most of your shots bounce off the wall.

sure they didnt add anything that might make the game more playable, my game lags more now especialy above 100 ping servers.  i usualy play on 100-200 ping servers with no problems up til now.

So they added a fireplace, without allowing us to cook meat.

oh they added meat but without any way to get the meat,

they didnt add any vehicles such as a single bycicle or a horse or any animals for that matter.

but we can paint our balistic helmets now! yay...

Whats the Eta for the next patch? if its more than 2weeks il probably uninstall and come back in a year when its actualy got something worth playing for.

not to mention paying for.

Finally I see what I was looking for. So meat with no huntting. And no good way to cook. SO added a few things. But nothing wourth playing yet. What I was looking for thanks. I see alot bitchin about the lag. Well every patch does that shit. Just wait let them fix there mess ups. then come back. As for me. I wantting on hunting tents or something to put items in. Before I really play. I love the idea of the game, How ever I do think manner which they are adding items is off a little. And stuff that cant use without adding hunting, or tents what ever so no use. So why bring it in yet? When just adds more lag , But u cant use it. Whatever. I'll set back and watch hope they put something into the game that makes more about survival. Less about gearing up and killing. Untill then play other games. 

• Like 1

No servers are full now ! Cuz num of data of players causes lags and people starts to disconnect one by one till 2 or 10 players left in server. This is why servers cant be full . And most server pings are high now cuz of data transfer or something similar..

Please DO NOT ADD ANYTHING UNTIL U FIX THOSE MAIN ISSUES !! Just make it stable not with your experimentals ! do it globally !

Who needs new weapons or items. Still sound problems, zombies, wall hacks bla bla...

Every patch is unstable and unstable and unstable. Cuz u add many things but u lost main focus.

Pfffff !!!! :(((

No servers are full now ! Cuz num of data of players causes lags and people starts to disconnect one by one till 2 or 10 players left in server. This is why servers cant be full . And most server pings are high now cuz of data transfer or something similar..

Please DO NOT ADD ANYTHING UNTIL U FIX THOSE MAIN ISSUES !! Just make it stable not with your experimentals ! do it globally !

Who needs new weapons or items. Still sound problems, zombies, wall hacks bla bla...

Every patch is unstable and unstable and unstable. Cuz u add many things but u lost main focus.

Dean already stated on twitter that a too large udp package is the culprit of those lags.

He also said by tommorow morning gmt time they should now which package that is and be able to solve those problems.

Dean Hall @rocket2guns

The lag issue with 0.42 relates to size of UDP packets exceeding what can be handled. We are isolating which message causing this to fix it

Dean Hall @rocket2guns

@THE_OUTLAW_313 Tomorrow morning GMT we will know the message that is causing the UDP problems. Then we will fix that.

@rocket2guns

Edited by Ellen Ripley

seems like a problem with syncing the clients/hive :

when i join i see people getting disconnected from the game.

a friend joined a few minutes later and voila : another wave of players is "leaving"  the game.

my problem to connect to a server seems to be related : while i endure this ridiculous loading time (since patch that is)

and another player tries to connect meanwhile the game kicks us both of...or maybe the last one joining can stay and the guys that

are still loading are getting booted of the game. definately a sync problem imho :|

#669,667 usw.... jungs ihr seid mir scheissegal. auch was ihr meint zu denken, den trash geb ich mir nicht.

glaubt doch nicht im ernst dass ich mir das dummgetrolle über meinen text auch noch lese oder :D  yolo ihr spaten

das spiel hat ein problem. get over it ihr vögel ...wegen meiner pudert euch weiter den arsch und wälzt euch in eurem

entsetzen... :D da geht mir einer drauf ab...WENN ich es lesen WÜRDE trolololol xD

Seriously, what's your problem? Just leave this Forum and stop flame like a childish 12 years old boy. 

Armes Deutschland, du spiegelst es einfach was dem Land fehlt.

Pour Germany you represend what's missing in germany.

• Like 1

Yeah... I don't quite get that either... why add things when there's no use for them yet? Vitamins, Pain Killers, Alcohol Tincture, etc... all not used, yet in the game already? I can understand the frustration for sure... however, there's no sense in getting pissed about it.

The fact that the wall glitching hasn't been fixed yet... I kind of find that ludicrous... there's plenty of people posting about it, and it is a considerable issue.

Whiners gonna whine.

Don't spend your precious time trying to explain this childish people that this is not a complete game, that's basically one the best examples of fast development in an alpha game, that they bought the early access not to have a blast in the first place but to help track down major and minor bugs to improve the game before it's release.

That there will be tons of bugs in any coming patches, be it at experimental servers or stable ones.

That the purpose of their purchase is to support the game, not to whine about it, if you don't like the patch, reporting bugs, giving feedback and so on.. Why don't you just uninstall the game and come back when the game hits the beta development phase (all major and core features should be already implemented) so you can have a more "stable" product to "test" or to play.

Or better yet.. wait for full release, after all you already got access to the game at a discounted price so you've won already.

I have a huge backlog and I check the game every now and then, so while I wait for new features and patches to be pushed in experimental for me to test, I spend my precious time playing other great titles, or whatever I'm doing.

Give yourselves a break from this addiction to whine you're developing, it will not help the development nor will make you a happier person, you'll just get older faster.

Don't expect me to reply as I already lost 2 minutes of my (yeah I know I keep saying that) precious time writing this, hope it helps somebody.

My sincere opinion.

English is not my native language so pardon any typos.

Cheers.

• Like 6

Yeah... I don't quite get that either... why add things when there's no use for them yet? Vitamins, Pain Killers, Alcohol Tincture, etc... all not used, yet in the game already? I can understand the frustration for sure... however, there's no sense in getting pissed about it.

The fact that the wall glitching hasn't been fixed yet... I kind of find that ludicrous... there's plenty of people posting about it, and it is a considerable issue.

It's probably not been worked on so far because the check for obstacles would have a great impact on the performance.

Just imagine all Zeds on the Map having to check every millisecond for obstacles to not run through them. If you implement something thats not optimized it will have heavy impact on the overall performance of the server. So they probably didn't change anything yet on public releases in this regard. It doesn't mean they didn't work on it though.

I am sorry, I think I misunderstood what you were talking about. Thought you meant Zombie behavior  yet you were talking about player glitching?

Edited by Ellen Ripley
  • Like 1

Well, I understand your standing, but the Problem is that:

If this wall glitches would be so easy to fix don't you think they already fixed it? Other point are the whiners, as someone said before they always want new stuff and then the deves give it to them and just cause bigger problems like before. It's sad thats atm unplayable but they definitly focus the main problems, but i guess they aren't that easy to fix as some people think. The biggest problems are to figure out what causes that glitches or rubberbandings etc. pp. Anyways in my opinion the devs do a great job but they shouldn't listen to that fanboys and whiners and do there job as they think its right. If a patch isnt ready they shouldnt put it into the Stable branche. Peace.

• Like 1

Tincture makes worn/damaged/badly damaged bandages pristine again so i believe that will come into play for wounds somewhere down the line. Vitamins appeared to help when i got sick, puked still felt sick/dizzy/lightheaded took the vitamins and within 1 minute wasnt sick anymore (took them as last ditch effort to try to get rid of all the red text), dont know if it was the vitamins but if i have them i take a dose every game day. Painkillers used to make that horrible grunting sound go away when you were injured but they seem to have removed it from the game so i havent a clue on those now.

Edited by Tmar09

THIS !

Alcohol tncture works, it cleans your wound`s when ur sick, painkillers also work if you are low on blood and moaning you take few of them and you will see the difference

So does anyone other gets the session lost ? and can`t join to servers etc ?

• Like 1

Not askin for an instruction, but wall glitching in the common way (vaulting against walls) is def. fixed - u can't longer vault in front of a wall/stone/bigger objects - so yeh, there might be another way, but that's really laborious. Or did we talked bout zombies glitching thru walls?

Edited by Guest

I am sorry, I think I misunderstood what you were talking about. Thought you meant Zombie behavior  yet you were talking about player glitching?

Yes... player glitching. I would think the behavior is different for players models and zombies...?

If this wall glitches would be so easy to fix don't you think they already fixed it? [snip]

Anyways in my opinion the devs do a great job but they shouldn't listen to that fanboys and whiners and do there job as they think its right. If a patch isnt ready they shouldnt put it into the Stable branche. Peace.

Hehehe sometimes no. May not be a high priority. My mother and Oma always told me that if you do the hard stuff first, then the easy stuff gets done way faster. :) Might be the same mentality.

Tincture makes worn/damaged/badly damaged bandages pristine again so i believe that will come into play for wounds somewhere down the line. Vitamins appeared to help when i got sick, puked still felt sick/dizzy/lightheaded took the vitamins and within 1 minute wasnt sick anymore (took them as last ditch effort to try to get rid of all the red text), dont know if it was the vitamins but if i have them i take a dose every game day. Painkillers used to make that horrible grunting sound go away when you were injured but they seem to have removed it from the game so i havent a clue on those now.

Really? If you apply tincture to the various conditioned bandages it makes them pristine? I'd have to test that, I've never seen that ever...

As far as the vitamins... they don't do squat... they also don't prevent squat. There's a video series on youtube (by a German DayZ Medical researcher) that proved the only thing useful medically (for character health) at this point is:

• Rags
  • Bandages
  • Single Use Military Bandages
  • Epinephrine
  • Morphine
  • Defibrillator
  • Splints
  • Blood Bag
  • Saline (actually this should not be Saline. It should actually be Ringers Lactate. Saline doesn't do anything. Ringers Lactate is a blood volumizer and contains some valuable electrolytes. Take it from a FMF Corpsman. Saline is usually only given via IV if you plan to give medications to a patient)
  • IV Kit
  • Blood Testing Kit
  • Food (does not include vitamins)

The following items did not work or have any use:

• Vitamins
  • Water Purification Tablets
  • Charcoal Tablets (affected you negatively, but did nothing)
  • Tetracycline (affected you negatively, but did nothing)
  • Syringe
  • Vial
  • Painkillers

Negative Effects (through drinking):

• Alcohol Tincture 
  • Disinfectant Spray

but neither actually disinfect anything.

So, unless the video has become outdated from the last .37 patch then all the above still applies, to my most recent understanding and knowledge.

EDIT: Found the YT Vid - 

Edited by sniperdoc

Not askin for an instruction, but wall glitching in the common way (vaulting against walls) is def. fixed - u can't longer vault in front of a wall/stone/bigger objects - so yeh, there might be another way, but that's really laborious. Or did we talked bout zombies glitching thru walls?

Player glitching at the MP station on the air fields. I haven't experienced it myself either... however, there are still complaints about it in this thread...?

Player glitching at the MP station on the air fields. I haven't experienced it myself either... however, there are still complaints about it in this thread...?

yeah that has been fixed, unless someone found another way.

Is sniping on a hill fixed yet? Does it still make your bullets collide with the ground?

Is sniping on a hill fixed yet? Does it still make your bullets collide with the ground?

Should be fixed, same for the mega treehitboxes

yeah that has been fixed, unless someone found another way.

Do you mean the NEAF base?

If so, yes this has been fixed. I went there on a low prop server. As I have died so many times because of that problem/glitch. Was ready to report, and was happy as it was fixed!

Not sure, I will try/test it when I get free time.

Hehehe sometimes no. May not be a high priority. My mother and Oma always told me that if you do the hard stuff first, then the easy stuff gets done way faster. :) Might be the same mentality.

Well, that maybe work with something else like homework or something like that. The problem is if they totaly would focus on it no1 could say it for sure they will find it. It could also take month to figure it and then the community would flame like hell why no new update is comming :/

My opinion, i can be wrong :P

And btw you made my day with "mother and Oma" -> grandma :) 

Peace xD

And btw you made my day with "mother and Oma" -> grandma :)

Yeah my aunt, uncle and grandmother still live in Germany... I miss home... :( But my American wife would never go for living there permanently... :( Not that I could get a job there anyways, I was pulled out of 7th grade in the German schools way back in 86... and so don't have a German Diplom. :) I tell you... American schools are terrible. I had to repeat so much crap in the American school system because my parents thought that I would have a hard time adjusting to the new system (mostly because American schools have so much more peer pressure and ridiculing if you were different in some way).

Anyways... glad to brighten someone's day with something so minute. :)

Edited by sniperdoc