Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Rolling Update Rev - 0.43.116251

Do i need to kill my character from the last update? is that the problem? i dont want to lose all my gear for nothing?

Same as was mentioned by another person above me... I am using the same character from the previous patch. I must say though, that it is on hardcore as well...? Maybe because hardcore is on a smaller/less used hive?

So is this patch working OK for the majority of players then, im talking mainly about normal mode, but its good to hear that people are OK on hardcore too!

Played for 3 hours. And had no problem. No lag, no fps drops, no desync. It's working great! I had already tested this version in the experimental and was waiting for it to come to stable, for me it was worth the wait. Having a blast!

Zombies path finding have been improved too. They seem to walk around the building till they find the doors. Not in every case, but much more! 75% of the time in my playtime tonight.

Great job! Thanks!

:thumbsup:

:beans:

I almost click your signature!!

Do i need to kill my character from the last update? is that the problem? i dont want to lose all my gear for nothing?

I've had the same character for a few weeks as weel, and I play that same character without any noticeable issues..

i5 2500

8 GB Ram

GTX 560ti

Edit: only playing on regular servers

Edited by Angr

Just been on Exp for about an hour, Some weirdness happening, seems time related, although it didn't click at the time and I didn't get kicked from the server either.

You'll hear the local zombies start screaming/hollering then you'll immediately get a list of people "Timed Out Connections" list. This happened about 3 times whilst I was in there, all that happened to me was a bit of lag whilst they all screamed.

Devs should wipe all databases with every single update. These updates aren't that frequent, the game is still in Early Alpha so wipes shouldn't cause too much frustration.

This would rule out the possibility that something can go wrong just because someone from the players has glitching pipsi or mag in his inventory from version 0.32. Finding gear is not that difficult, anyway.

Just my 2 cents.

Edited by Simplicity
  • Like 5

FYI

Accelerated time just committed to development build. This will allow custom server owners to change day/night cycle

— Dean Hall (@rocket2guns)

Edited by ministelis

FYI

Accelerated time just committed to development build. This will allow custom server owners to change day/night cycle

— Dean Hall (@rocket2guns)

I tried clicking those neither exists!!

Can confirm that I have no any issues with my old character on regular server. Alive since 0.34 patch.

By the way.. Black axe looks so cool. For a complete happiness I miss the BLACK hunting backpack  ;)

cd4soob.jpg

• Like 1

Too bad ;(

Oh noez! And here everyone was yelling for a new stable patch! Its all the devs fault. Nothing to do with the pressure of the community!

Mang this sucks Cya. (hopefully by the end of alpha)

Actually I played the game for 2 Hours today on stable. And my problems were not that bad. I easily killed 2 people and had a gunfight with another group without those weird lags/desync. Or at least they were not as bad as those described here.

So either you guys are exaggerating extremely or you have bad luck or you simply still don't get what an alpha is. Choose for yourself.

And sorry I am not a native english speaker. 

Instable OMG *blushes and kills another Alien Queen* 

Personally i wasnt saying anything about the patch before hand, nothing negative whatsoever previously. Only looking forwards to this game in general and throwing out a few ideas etc. I have no problem waiting for months for a big and most importantly stable< patch. My point was simply, after a month of ironing it out since its been ready all that time, still, its a game breaker for many. The stable branch is unplayable, nothing works going into inventory, melee is a joke (i got a pitch fork, took a swing at a zombie and what should of hit missed and they hit me... the zombies arms are longer than a pitch fork, for example, and yeah the rest is a joke equally machete, the sickle< LOL 15 hits to kill a zombie, so on and so forth), had it been a game that has only recieved a mere million in revenue with a strapped for cash team i would accept it. However, how much money has this game made already... going on 40 million now?. 

You must raise your weapon to attack zombies now: using the space bar.  Previously you didn't have to. 

I dont like that tho :( I finally hoped they won't bring it into stable.

Yes, It just make the game more clunky, I hope they revert it.

When they write it under "known issues" it means that it is an issue and so not intended to be like that forever.

The stable is a bit of a mess atm. Think it because everyone was complaining about 0.47 not being on the stable release so they pushed it to stable before they could test their hotfixes properly. I was on the exp last week and could see for myself that there was problems…… Dunno wy people wanted it on the stable so bad when they could just go to exp and play it there???

• Like 1

You must raise your weapon to attack zombies now: using the space bar.  Previously you didn't have to.

I read that in the update list. But it wasn't making a swinging/hit sound and not registering a hit. Idk. Maybe it was just a a glitch, wrong place wrong time. Lol

Personally i wasnt saying anything about the patch before hand, nothing negative whatsoever previously. Only looking forwards to this game in general and throwing out a few ideas etc. I have no problem waiting for months for a big and most importantly stable< patch. My point was simply, after a month of ironing it out since its been ready all that time, still, its a game breaker for many. The stable branch is unplayable, nothing works going into inventory, melee is a joke (i got a pitch fork, took a swing at a zombie and what should of hit missed and they hit me... the zombies arms are longer than a pitch fork, for example, and yeah the rest is a joke equally machete, the sickle< LOL 15 hits to kill a zombie, so on and so forth), had it been a game that has only recieved a mere million in revenue with a strapped for cash team i would accept it. However, how much money has this game made already... going on 40 million now?. 

Tell me then. How does the Money they made have anything to do with the progress speed?

Because, if its like infusing money into veins I only know that cures Aids (see South Park as a reference) I didn't know though  it speeds up game development workflows, instantly and automatically.

I thought with the money they made from early access they wanted to make sure they could finish this at all.

Also if they made way more then enough they could go search for more people who would work on it.

Of course those people have to be found , then contracts have to be set up and signed. Next thing those people have to move into an office, either the existing one in Praque or a new one somewhere else. Equipment has to be set up. Then they'll have to be schooled how to use the engine/internal structures. Before those new people will begin to make progress much time will have to pass. Well its 4 months ago now that ea has started, not considering Christmas and New Year Eve. 

So by now I guess the new guys started to work too. But as things go it's certainly complicated to get everyone together and to make sure nothing bad gets commited.

So much regarding the money they made and how that influences the progress.

Now lets see, so you STILL think it's your right to blame them, or demand something from them even THOUGH they warned you:

DO NOT BUY OR PLAY THE GAME IF YOU CAN'T STAND THE PAIN

Edited by Ellen Ripley

I read that in the update list. But it wasn't making a swinging/hit sound and not registering a hit. Idk. Maybe it was just a a glitch, wrong place wrong time. Lol

I have not had a chance to play since 42.xxx was pushed to stable, but I have many hours with build on experimental over the past 3 weeks and had no issues hitting/killing zeds.  Lag/desync is the likely culprit if you're having problems at the moment.  It sounds like it's a rampant problem they are working to hotfix.  

Tell me then. How does the Money they made have anything to do with the progress speed?

Because, if its like infusing money into veins I only know that cures Aids (see South Park as a reference) I didn't know though  it speeds up game development workflows, instantly and automatically.

I thought with the money they made from early access they wanted to make sure they could finish this at all.

Also if they made way more then enough they could go search for more people who would work on it.

Of course those people have to be found , then contracts have to be set up and signed. Next thing those people have to move into an office, either the existing one in Praque or a new one somewhere else. Equipment has to be set up. Then they'll have to be schooled how to use the engine/internal structures. Before those new people will begin to make progress much time will have to pass. Well its 4 months ago now that ea has started, not considering Christmas and New Year Eve. 

So by now I guess the new guys started to work too. But as things go it's certainly complicated to get everyone together and to make sure nothing bad gets commited.

So much regarding the money they made and how that influences the progress.

Now lets see, so you STILL think it's your right to blame them, or demand something from them even THOUGH they warned you:

NOT TO BUY OR PLAY THE GAME IF YOU CAN'T STAND THE PAIN

I was aware before hand, lets just hope they really are using the funds as they should and not just pocketing it. The last game i avidly played was STO to be honest with you, i used to be a real "gamer" growing up, for a very long time ive barely bothered with any new games. Left for dead 1 and 2 was a must just as this became a must for me and i truly am hoping for somthing different here thats all. After that only a small handful of games like company of heros, total war series besides rome (for obvious reasons. THe strategy genre has left FPS's in the dust long ago imo. I see this game as a chance for them to catch up in one bound, since the other shooters etc are all virtually the same games, like everything else we get. I just really dont want to see this game drop off due to these sort of problems. Fingers crossed for the future of dayz, 7 days to die is the leading competition by the looks of it, and they have more competition in alpha coming up. Only thinking of the game. Like many of us are. 

• Like 1

What a difference a day makes. Game was running awful for me yesterday, with lots of desync/session lost issues. Just finished a 2 hour session and everything ran flawlessly. No lag, not a single instance of desync (and I must have axed at least 30 zombies in my run from Elektro to meet up with a friend at NWAF with zero phantom hits), and smooth framerates. Averaged 35 FPS in Elektro, 60 on the run to NWAF, with a few drops into the 40s during stops in smaller towns en route. Like I posted last night; I wonder how much of the problem with yesterday's performance had to do with Steam going up and down seemingly all day? 

What a difference a day makes. Game was running awful for me yesterday, with lots of desync/session lost issues. Just finished a 2 hour session and everything ran flawlessly. No lag, not a single instance of desync (and I must have axed at least 30 zombies in my run from Elektro to meet up with a friend at NWAF with zero phantom hits), and smooth framerates. Averaged 35 FPS in Elektro, 60 on the run to NWAF, with a few drops into the 40s during stops in smaller towns en route. Like I posted last night; I wonder how much of the problem with yesterday's performance had to do with Steam going up and down seemingly all day? 

I have been trying to play today and i am getting all those problems, lag, desync, invisible zombies, session lost, please wait screen forever not getting into servers, the game is completely broken for me!!!

I dont know if its because of the fact that it is the same character that i have had since before the update, but i am reluctant to kill myself as i don't want to lose all my gear until someone confirms that this is defo the problem!!

Edited by JamesLennoxHood

With the very few issues on hardcore, I switched to my regular character who is also a few weeks old with plenty of loot. Ended up with a lot more issues, including zombies running right through me and off into the distance on screen but my character was actually getting hit. Just before that I had about 4 zeds swarm me but killed them easily with the axe. I had an issue with another zombie right after that hitting me, and ended up bleeding both times, which is the first I've bled on any stable server, including 3-4 hours of hardcore on the current stable build with getting hit by zeds a good few times, so I don't know if the increased bleeding is linked to this desync like issue or not?

Was also unable to interact with my inventory for a few minutes on and off while on regular. Whether it's due to server differences or differences in the loot I had, the regular hive was certainly a more difficult experience with lag compared to what I've had with my hardcore character yesterday and today.

I have been trying to play today and i am getting all those problems, lag, desync, invisible zombies, session lost, please wait screen forever not getting into servers, the game is completely broken for me!!!

Same here few minutes in game and disconnect

The stable is a bit of a mess atm. Think it because everyone was complaining about 0.47 not being on the stable release so they pushed it to stable before they could test their hotfixes properly. I was on the exp last week and could see for myself that there was problems…… Dunno wy people wanted it on the stable so bad when they could just go to exp and play it there???

Actually... most of the complaining that I saw in the last update thread was people playing experimental... not stable. However, I could be wrong.

I personally don't feel anything is wrong on Hardcore Stable atm, as a matter of fact, I enjoyed it very much. I'll have to try Regular mode servers tonight and see if there's a difference. I did play low pop servers on HC as well... so maybe that had something to do with it.

As far as "why don't you play on exp"... well... honestly? Because it's not worth the frustration to me. I prefer a somewhat stable build, which I feel this totally is. Experimental should be reserved for those that have a high tolerance for problems and that have a very high degree of patience. I think that's why so many bitch and complain about issues... Personally I like playing only stable, because when the update to stable DOES occur, I'm rather surprised by the content and additions vs being frustrated by things not being ironed out somewhat.

I understand it's an alpha, so what little problems I experience, meh... who cares? The issues will be mentioned, but I won't cause a big stink about it.

Edited by sniperdoc

Actually... most of the complaining that I saw in the last update thread was people playing experimental... not stable. However, I could be wrong.

I personally don't feel anything is wrong on Hardcore Stable atm, as a matter of fact, I enjoyed it very much. I'll have to try Regular mode servers tonight and see if there's a difference. I did play low pop servers on HC as well... so maybe that had something to do with it.

Well, I was on last night and to be fair it was playable but there was issues with dsnyc, not being able to use inventory, session lost etc etc. I had all my gear from the prev patch so dunno if that was the problem. Do you have any old gear from a prev patch on hardcore?

Anyway, people should stop complaining regardless of what branch they are playing as both are in alpha and problems are there for us to help fix not moan and complain. Its like getting a job at R* as a QA and tedsting GTA6 and bein like "AWWW FFS. THIS GAME IS *&^%%$!!! YOU GUYS DUNNO WHAT YOU ARE DOING! I CAN'T EVEN ENJOY THE GAME!"