Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Rolling Update Rev - 0.43.116251

Actions: Removed force feed action for disinfectant and alcohol tincture

It was one of the few things that ACTUALLY WORKED in this game.

Why?

What next? Removing handcuffs? Rotten fruit?

*sigh*  I started playing this just the other week.  The realistic nature of this game really appealed to me, since there are not many out there which reach these heights.  So seeing this in the patch-notes makes me *sigh*....

I really hope this is added back and they don't try to go with a COD model for this game... because then, DayZ would just turn into crap and worthless...

Why are they doing this? Are they giving in to complaints from militant moralists? Sorry, but that's totally against that DayZ spirit ffs..

Also been wondering what takes them so long to implement the suicide option we could see in the original teaser.

It's been confirmed several times by Rocket, with confirmation that it will come soon weeks ago, but still no sign of it.

Similar scenario maybe? I also hope these "options" will be added back, otherwise this is a big step into the wrong direction.

I've never made use of these features yet, but I read stories that made me burst out laughing every time.

It's just bloody black humor so please get on with it and complain about child abusing catholic priests or war crimes or anything else where it is appropriate...damn fanatics.

And then there is just this bullettpoint in the changelog, but no more info? You gotta be fucking kidding me... :huh:

Edited by Grabarz
  • Like 1

Why are they doing this? Are they giving in to complaints from militant moralists? Sorry, but that's totally against that DayZ spirit ffs..

Also been wondering what takes them so long to implement the suicide option we could see in the original teaser.

It's been confirmed several times by Rocket, with confirmation that it will come soon weeks ago, but still no sign of it.

Similar scenario maybe? I also hope these "options" will be added back, otherwise this is a big step into the wrong direction.

I've never made use of these action yet, but I read stories that made me burst out loud every time. It's just bloody black humor and so far as I can see there is no harm being done.

And then there is just this bullettpoint in the changelog, but no more info? You gotta be fucking kidding me... :huh:

They removed force feed disinfectant because there is a force drink disinfectant.

• Like 9

So I broke my leg today and my friend went looking for some morphine or sticks, so we could mend my leg. So after about an hour of searching, we just stood there and looked around us, and there was nothing but miles and miles of tress and bushes, but we couldn't get a single stick from them, cause there is simply no option that would let us do that. REALISM :D

Love this game, although I'll still wait and give it some time :D

They removed force feed disinfectant because there is a force drink disinfectant.

Thanks for the info, haha! Haven't played in weeks and the comments earlier made me not try today's stable yet.

Sounded like a waste of time. Anyway, just take my rant as a warning Bohemia.

Fanatics dictating anything sure would be the end of your creation.

Edited by Grabarz
  • Like 1

that's a bit extreme. mine had a "lol" at the end. yours didn't :(

His had an ^^ at the end.

I really hope that tomorrow morning they will have gathered enough data to prepare a proper hotfix for the network issues...so come jump on experimental to help the devs!

Edited by Gugolas

Not a fanboy, I just dont start bitching right away while there's already a hotfix being tested. ;-)

Hope they test it a hell of a lot better than the patch!

Nobody is helping anything here, come on, be real. The "Alpha testers" tag is just the way to finance the game. The fact that last experimental patch broke the game and in less than 24hs it was imported to stable means they do not read forum posts and the "alpha testers" advices.

The problem right now on stable was reported by everybody yesterday on experimental.

Whats the conclusion here? Well, only some forum moderators answer random messages here. Nothing really meaningful.

People who really take actions or decisions on game just dont pay attention to all the crappy posts here: half of them game fanboys just trying to find a logical answer of the game build process and the other half just complaining of almost everything without a constructive argument.

We are only left to expect that the captain of this ship (who already announced his retirement from DayZ) will eventually put this on the road back again.

Thinking on a beta on December 2014, this last month work did not solve the main game issues. Almost 10% of time left wasted on some minor features but not the real deal (Zeds walking through walls, 0 (zero) AI, glitches announced fixed where there are not, people jumping through walls, jumping from a roof to land without dying, ... the list is long...)

You're thinking on "well, they must be working on some other things that you cant see. Like physics or cooking, or base building... "
They are really working on that stuff when the foundation of this game works as bad as it is now? Really bad programing practice.

My 2 cents.

• Like 5

Why is it that every time a new patch comes out there is always something that goes really wrong with it. We went thought all the experimental to fix the issues but then you guys throw it out and stuff like not being able to connect to any server happens or nothing loads. I love the work you guys are doing but don't constraint on the item's being added we don't care about that. Yeah it is fantastic that so much is being added but with that there are so many issues that come with it that are still showing up. I know this is alpha and that IS why I bought it is because it is in alpha but you should be using this stage to fix the hot fix's and not concentrating on items and more so on the actual game mechanics it self. But like I said previously I LOVE the work you guys are doing and really appreciate everything you did to get the game to were it is but you really need to get the priorities strait. sorry if I come off nasty and like an ass it isn't my intention. 

thanks,

[b.D.U] Tucker, R

i don't really know why people is getting mad so easy.. you guys are alpha testers and you are here to post problems and issues or to /clap them big improvements. I think the devs and all the forum knows now there are some problems related to desync/lag/server.

Anyways, in my opinion, I MUST ADMIT ZOMBIES ARE MORE AGGRESIVE AND THEY REPRESENT A BIGGER THREAT (and also pretty cool rake  :rolleyes:  )

I am downloading a 77 Mb patch atm, but I don't know what it is about, maybe it is the hot fix  :beans:

Edit : Patch 042.116212 

nothing here so far. im in Austria, Vienna. does that patch fix the server issues? 

i really think they might have made a few changes that disappoint i guess it will be ok in the long run but this new update.. not impressed. they should really concentrate on not letting the zombies walk through walls and kill you while you are trying to eat or heal. thatd be great

When can we know zombie clip the wall will be fixed.

Tbh they should add 200% more zombies in cities and fix their collision, walking thru walls etc...

also make the zombies actualy Eat you while your unconscious or dead.

Also how the hell do i make my Fireplace? im Soaking wet and i need a Fire, how exactly do you make one and upgrade etc?

Tbh they should add 200% more zombies in cities and fix their collision, walking thru walls etc...

Also how the hell do i make my Fireplace? im Soaking wet and i need a Fire, how exactly do you make one and upgrade etc?

Do you have a match?

Best update ever. All servers lag during 1 minute, you are bleeding because you have 3 zombies on you(after the lag only) and 5 seconds later that show "YOU ARE DEAD".

Thank you <3

I'll admit I've seen better updates, and I've had to scratch my head a few times trying to figure out why they were in such a rush to push 116180, when it was introduced to experimental just the night before, and apparently causes such a massive amount of instability when it comes to client connectivity. (I had an issue just when starting up the game, but just waited for a bit, tried again, waited some more, and then the game flowed fine for the rest of the evening.)

However, people still keep posting outright stupid shit on this thread, just like the last one. And before any of you start running your mouth, the following points are not directed at anyone in particular, just made from a brief observation of this thread that once again (!) becomes impossible to keep up with due to imbecile comments:

1. The devs won't read this thread, stop writing suggestions, complaints, rants directed at devs and their colleagues. This is not the place for it.
  2. Read the f***ing patch notes THOROUGHLY and check the dev tracker forum before you talk. There is an ancient rule to forum use that says "search before you post" which many of you apparently have never heard of.
  3. Did you really think that a single build of an alpha would be bug-free?

Get a f***ing grip.

EDIT: Just read this tweet someone sent Hicks earlier - some people need to learn that there in fact are human beings at the end of the line, not just a face on a computer screen.
idiot.JPG

Edited by Sinnaman
  • Like 3

nothing here so far. im in Austria, Vienna. does that patch fix the server issues? 

forget my post, my brother switched my client to exp -.-

Edited by Baba

There are no fireplaces yet. They were not mentioned in the patch notes either, in case you didn't notice.

Somehow some people have made the assumption that everything Dean posts on the devblog will be true in the next patch - that's not what he promised, he only claimed they were a work in progress.

Impossible to join any server... stuck on Please Wait on all servers and then kick you off...

forget my post, my brother switched my client to exp -.-

haha :) high five for your bro... btw i just logged out from a server and it was waaay better than before . i mean no lag no 'session lost' etc. maybe they already fixed this on server side. i hope! :)

Tried playing again for about an hour there. Everything was smoother than even earlier, with being able to pull out my weapons quicker compared to trying just after the update. Still took around 30 seconds though, which isn't that fun, but at least it was quicker. Even though my internet connection isn't optimal tonight, still the smoothest experience I've had with the standalone. Took a trip to the new town above NEAF, no lag or rubberbanding issues along the way, and no more issues with doors not opening for me for now. Server was busier than the one I was having more issues with earlier too.

Though I did get some warning 45 minutes into the server about not being able to load some 9mm box or something that I was getting on spawning earlier...

• Actions: Removed force feed action for disinfectant and alcohol tincture

NOOOOOOOOOOOO

i really think they might have made a few changes that disappoint i guess it will be ok in the long run but this new update.. not impressed. they should really concentrate on not letting the zombies walk through walls and kill you while you are trying to eat or heal. thatd be great

When can we know zombie clip the wall will be fixed.

They now have a team in Bratislava dedicated to this task & hunting

• Like 4