When a player dies he turns to a zombie in about 7-10 minutes, his skin texture will change to a zombie texture but he will keep the remaining loot and clothes it got on him. Still want te loot? wasn't done looting? Shoot the fucker down and loot him again

again dude use the search function.

Okay... Okay...

Zombies in DayZ... Are not fucking dead...

Zombies in DayZ are living people... WITH A FUCKING DISEASE!

I've explained this a million times before because people like you don't like using the search function!

It's a rule here! Use the search function before you post! Why is it that new people don't get this?

Alright, listen here, the players (Us) are part of the 2% of the population on Earth that are immune to the Prion virus. The prion virus effectively killed people, the zombies were merely a byproduct that had a rare chance of happening. The zombies are living people but the prion virus has damaged their brain to an extent that they can no longer be reasoned and they will attack any uninfected on sight.

Edited by AntonioAJC

Well then maybe instead of dying when your uncouncious while being sick?

I don't think rotten bananas or disinfectant make you turn into a zombie. xD

Anyways, the DayZ "lore" is that the zombies are living humans infected with a (probably airbourne) virus that the survivors are immune to, hence not being infected already.

Edited by Mos1ey
  • Like 2

Okay... Okay...

Zombies in DayZ... Are not fucking dead...

Zombies in DayZ are living people... WITH A FUCKING DISEASE!

I've explained this a million times before because people like you don't like using the search function!

It's a rule here! Use the search function before you post! Why is it that new people don't get this?

Alright, listen here, the players (Us) are part of the 2% of the population on Earth that are immune to the Prion virus. The prion virus effectively killed people, the zombies were merely a byproduct that had a rare chance of happening. The zombies are living people but the prion virus has damaged their brain to an extent that they can no longer be reasoned and they will attack any uninfected on sight.

I thought myslef this one,but really there is no lore or anything indicating that we are dealing with infected living people.

But besides,the survivors are immune to the disease (that's why they are still alive)

They can't get infected and zombified.

I thought myslef this one,but really there is no lore or anything indicating that we are dealing with infected living people.

Woops, forgot to source: http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1zbsks/psa_the_zombies_arent_dead_theyre_infected_living/

*EDIT* Hooray for notices telling me that I have been quoted!

Edited by AntonioAJC
  • Like 2

Bravo exceptional!

Now i'm finally certain.

A thousand thanks for the info.

No problem :)

But besides,the survivors are immune to the disease (that's why they are still alive)

I don't understand why people complain so much about zombies being too easy, but then shoot down this excellent idea so viciously. Why? Because it goes against some code found in the game files and a paragraph on the mod website? It's not like the game is built around the players being immune, and I don't think players dying before being zombified is the key point of suggestions like this, so people rejecting the idea because of that is just ridiculous.

I think that this is the absolute best way to make zombies a legitimate threat, but every person here rips it to shreds for no good reason. So what if the players are currently immune? Is that really impossible to change?

Edited by Clumzy

I don't understand why people complain so much about zombies being too easy, but then shoot down this excellent idea so viciously. Why? Because it goes against some code found in the game files and a paragraph on the mod website? It's not like the game is built around the players being immune, and I don't think players dying before being zombified is the key point of suggestions like this, so people rejecting the idea because of that is just ridiculous.

I think that this is the absolute best way to make zombies a legitimate threat, but every person here rips it to shreds for no good reason. So what if the players are currently immune? Is that really impossible to change?

It's more of a matter undead or infected.

If the player is immune to the diesease he can't get infected.

But if we were dealing with the indead,and the player did die,then i would have no problem

in reanimating the player as a walking corpse.

also,if your corpse starts walking,you wouldn't be able to recover your gear and that would piss alot of people.

Rocket himself has stated many, many times that the zombies in DayZ are infected, not undead. He also had his brother (who is a virologist) write a paper on the theoretical infection. I think that will probably find its way into the game at some point.

• Like 1

It's more of a matter undead or infected.

It shouldn't be though, that's my point. It shouldn't matter whether these zombies are undead or infected in regards to this suggestion, we could have players becoming zombies either way. Just because the players are currently identified as immune, doesn't mean they always have to be forever. If people would stop nitpicking and missing the point of this suggestion, implementing this as a feature could greatly improve the game. Not because of the player zombies, but because one single hit from a zombie could be fatal, and they would finally become a real threat. What's so scary about a zombie when all they do is punch you?

It shouldn't be though, that's my point. It shouldn't matter whether these zombies are undead or infected in regards to this suggestion, we could have players becoming zombies either way. Just because the players are currently identified as immune, doesn't mean they always have to be forever. If people would stop nitpicking and missing the point of this suggestion, implementing this as a feature could greatly improve the game. Not because of the player zombies, but because one single hit from a zombie could be fatal, and they would finally become a real threat. What's so scary about a zombie when all they do is punch you?

Exactly, that's what I have been trying to get across on a few other threads. It won't be a zombie game until you make the zombie a real threat rather than a minor nuisance. Hearing their moan should make your heart jump through your chest. And this shouldn't be reached by giving them surhuman abilities, that is obviously absurd and makes the player feel cheated. Hordes are being added but alone, it remains ridiculous with current pathfinding. Even once they they understand they can jump at your face rather than pursuing your tracks left in the mud, you'll still consider it isn't that big a problem, since you can run through the group and get hit a few times but you'll be fine once you bandage yourself.

The possibility of infection will make the choice between melee and firearms really tough (do you want to risk getting infected or drawing tons of zombies to you), best choice would often be to flee. Being discret would change the outcome of a loot mission.

I am pretty sure infection is considered by the devs. Detergent would be used to clean your weapons before opening your can of beans with it. That you would need to apply pure alchool to your wounds when bandaging wounds from zombies. A coktail of anti-biotics would clear you of the disease at it's early stages, before it gets worse.

Those people could not turn into zombies, they are immune. Otherwise how they survived apocalypse? ^^

What don't you get? Seems more logical to me than having people with different origins, sexes and blood types be immune to an extremely mutagenous disease.

As long as it's not airborne, many people can escape from it. You would probably get infected from saliva, blood, body fluids. It would have mild effects at first, so it would spread around like the common cold (but of course being way more contagious) before the first infected start having the real symptoms. It would soon spread out of control as no one knows who has been infected yet. The survivors are the ones that where lucky enough to be away in the wild or were cautious enough to split from their families and friends. They isolated themselves at the peak of the crisis before the infected became zombies at which point the virus aged and was no longer as before (a possible explanation if you want to avoid catching the virus each time you touch a doorknob)

The game seems to take place very shortly after the crisis if you consider the fresh fruits, high loot, ... so i don't see how it's so difficult to imagine survivors apart from if they had an unexplained and unrealistic immunity that dumbs down the purpose, feeling, and whole idea of the game  

Edited by aknar

If they made these features without the player being a controlled zombie instead you become a Npc zombie which cannot be controlled by you I think this idea might work actually.

It would be great when u die, you turn into zombie!

Nope. Search function.

Yes it has been said over and over again. Did you use the search function, because the last "infected" thread is at the bottom of the page. Are you also aware that both your comments aren't constructive and are against forum rules? (I mean seriously, are you just doing this for post count?)

9) Unnecessary posts:

Posting "don't care", "alpha", "TLDR", "search before you post" or any posts along those lines are unnecessary, inflammatory, and do not add to the discussion. If a duplicate thread exists, report it to the moderation team with a link.

This isn't aggressive like the other variants of this post that I read all day, so reporting is really excessive but please refrain from posting since it doesn't add anything. Seeing this on every single post is getting old... If topics always come up, it's because they are of general interest.

EDIT: This does raise the question, why isn't there a info bubble before posting a new thread telling you to check with several keywords that it doesn't already exist and then to tell you to add as many keywords as possible so people have a decent chance of finding you when they are looking for posted topics

Edited by aknar

Yes it has been said over and over again. Did you use the search function, because the last "infected" thread is at the bottom of the page. Are you also aware that both your comments aren't constructive and are against forum rules? (I mean seriously, are you just doing this for post count?)

This isn't aggressive like the other variants of this post that I read all day, so reporting is really excessive but please refrain from posting since it doesn't add anything. Seeing this on every single post is getting old... If topics always come up, it's because they are of general interest.

EDIT: This does raise the question, why isn't there a info bubble before posting a new thread telling you to check with several keywords that it doesn't already exist and then to tell you to add as many keywords as possible so people have a decent chance of finding you when they are looking for posted topics

We got a badass over here.

Anyways, for more in depth explanation of my post, Dean said there will not be player zombies nor will there be player characters turning into zombies when they die.