dgeesio

Mouse acceleration = NO!

Mouse acceleration has been removed.  :huh:

I think the OP of this thread was major confused saying they added acceleration when they had just removed it...Its simply because their overall sensitivity is too high! Change it in the configs and its fine.

Also for people moaning that its too quick/unrealistic.. People are agile. I can turn 180 in an instance and do a full 360 rotation in full gear in about half a second..

Edited by AgentNe0

the thing is, the engine was made for simulation originally, and in real life, you can't spin around yourself 50 times in a half second and then headshot someone

In real life I can do a 360 in under a second and 180 instantly. People are agile.

I agree, I simply can't play with this mouse acceleration, every turn makes me want to bash my face into my keyboard, it is ridiculous. I also agree on you with this, if they're not going to fix this in the very near future, I would very much like a refund so I can spend it on a game I can actually play. A game with mouse acceleration is unplayable for any PC gamer.  

They Have removed it!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe this still a debate, its been fixed for weeks, aiming has less acceleration than Arma 3 and so much better than Arma 2 or Day Z mod..it feels nice now

You probably have your overall sensitivity (note, sensitivity, Not acceleration) too high, as the sliders on the lowest are still high. Go into your profile config (thats My Documents/ Day Z other profiles OR / Day Z profiles)

Open the config file , find mouse sensitity X/ y set them both to about 1.1...

Profit

In real life I can do a 360 in under a second and 180 instantly. People are agile.

you can turn around 180 degrees with a gun aiming while prone and then hit a target 10 meters away in half a second?

with about 50 punds of gear in a backpack you are wearing?

seriously thats bullshit

• Like 1

Its not about been prone though its about stood up, and yeah if stood up with a backpack on holding a gun I can turn almost instantly. Dont forget in real life its different as u can tilt your shoulders and put one leg behind the other but in a game your just spinning . Watch some videos of real soldiers training and shooting training, people can turn quickly in an instance.

of course prone can have a slower turn than crouching, and crouching slightly slower than standing. I didn't mention prone.

, whats your problem, they fixed the issue, the gun turns slightly slower than the character to give it slightly more weight anyway.

Edited by AgentNe0

The only thing missing from DayZ is double jump and wall run.  We've got our 360noscopespinerama, we've got super speed.  Just top it off with some good ol' double jump and  it will be complete.  

Btw, the mouse movement is shit now.  

• Like 2

the clunkyness and negative mouse acceleration of dayz the mod

made people less capable of zig-zagging around like bunnys on speed,

it also was limiting the speed of the players more,

though i think this will be adressed once vehicles are implemented

my point is that making the game more accessible and easy to control will only reward the KoS bullshit going on,

and more and more destroy the feeling of a survival game

what do we have that is characteristic of an arcade style shooter right now?

near instant turning

sprinting like an olympic for an hour

taking multiple bullets that would kill a bear and run away

random bullet spread beyond good measure

my f*cking problem is that they are doing the same stuff to DayZ right now, in order to satisfy a larger audience, that SOE did with planetside 2, which has good gunplay and its good moments, but absolutely awful metagame and looks like a battlefield 3 clone, though it should have been planetside 1 with updated graphics and bigger maps and more players, which would have been awesome

i can only hope that they will rebalance the whole gunplay at some point, adding more sway, way less random dispersion, dexterity that will force you to take half a second aim before accurately firing after turning, and actual limited movement speed while prone or crouched

you just can not hold people up at the moment because they can fling around and shoot you in an instant, or they run away like roadrunner on acid, you have to shoot them to get their gear

They Have removed it!!!!!!!!!

When I am in the setting of the game it comes up with acceleration, but wont let me disable it, it wont turn off.

When I am in the setting of the game it comes up with acceleration, but wont let me disable it, it wont turn off.

That option hasn't ever done anything so don't mind about it. Everybody has negative acceleration disabled.

Well , there is two guys moaning about it saying it makes the aiming TOO easy.,.now i understand..So before they fixed it many people moaned because it felt truely awful...

So they did some great work and removed some of that unrealisticly heavy aiming. Now you can turn more quickly and responsively, as is the way in the Arma 3 engine.

The guns still have some weight, they drag behind the characters head speed. The overall sensitivity is just  a bit high.

No the aiming is not shit now. I can't believe people preffered it before, but the point of this thread was to have it removed, which it has been. Thankyou Day Z team, Aiming is good.

I expect they will rebalance it later maybe a middle ground but the way it is in the day z mod, is truely terrible, Arma 3 aiming is way better than Arma 2 aiming, and I am glad Standalone is getting that way.

As for sprinting-stamina will surely be added later. Most players would prefer to have smooth mouse movement and not a clunky aiming system for the sake of realism. You can read the posts previously and many other players including me and everyone on my friends list who wanted this sh*t removing.

Edited by AgentNe0

For everyone against mouse acceleration. Go find yourself a backpack, put roughly 35 pounds worth of items in it, find something that weights 5-10 pounds to hold in your hand. With your arm holding the item extend it out in front of you, turn 90, 180, and 360 degrees as fast as you can, while trying to stop at a specific point tell me how it works out for you...

I'm going to guess that there was a gradual acceleration and deceleration to your movement and you were unable to stop exactly where you wanted to.

And for everyone bitching "the devs don't listen to the community", this is not your game, and you do not have a say in what is or is not in the game.

I would be inclined to agree if in real life my hands are attached to my head in a way if I look around my hands move with me. In terms of shooting, in real life we could have 3 basic pivoting points on our bodies to simulate that movement and muscles to absorb and stablize movements. If not driving would be harmful to our necks and spine to a point that it should not be practiced. Until they go to the extra mile to simulate all these naturally, I think its most beneficial and natural to have mouse acceleration OFF to accomodate more naturally with our hand-eye cooridination recognition. We are using keyboard and mouse here and not playing with green screen suits ( unfortunately xD ).

Edited by Coltz