Player B will selected from the action menu "say name" witch will give the name to everyone with-in a 5m radius of him.

Player A (The receiver of the name) will only see the name if Player B is facing Player A and only within 20 or so meters

If player A dies, He will not see player B's name until he get's his name again.

I think this is a good solution for absence of face recognition in the game and it will promote group play ;).

I don't really support this idea, due to i've seen how sloppy the "Name-over-Player" is in other Arma 2 game modes but I wanted to suggested it, and get a discussion rolling to see what other people think.

Through, I've seen what rocket can do ;) So i'm sure he can make it work a lot better then other Arma 2 game modes

I'd personally like to see the "Inspect Body" aspect have more use. For example, if you saw a guy die, or was the one to shoot him, you could inspect the body and find out his name and how he died, instead of "Name unknown cause of death unknown lol".

Unless this already does that and I'mdoinitwrong.

I would like to see some way to more easily identify each other. I've nearly shot a few of my mates because when the game uses the same skins over and over for everyone, you're not really sure if that guy's your buddy, or someone who just happens to look like him.

I would like to see some way to more easily identify each other. I've nearly shot a few of my mates because when the game uses the same skins over and over for everyone' date=' you're not really sure if that guy's your buddy, or someone who just happens to look like him.

[/quote']

Agree, There needs to be a way to tell the difference between strangers and known people.

I think what we need is just a little bit more customization than just our faces. Choosing color of our clothes would help for starters.

I think what we need is just a little bit more customization than just our faces. Choosing color of our clothes would help for starters.

that could work, but the problem is that you can only change your "skins" and there isn't enough skins as it is. Arma2 skins do not use back packs, and then that leaves PMC, BAF, US, Taki skins and a lot of those do not fit the mind set of DayZ or allready being used.

I'd personally like to see the "Inspect Body" aspect have more use. For example' date=' if you saw a guy die, or was the one to shoot him, you could inspect the body and find out his name and how he died, instead of "Name unknown cause of death unknown lol".

[/quote']

You can already do this. It just does not last for long and at some point it just changes to generic info. I have not tried it but I heard rocket mention it in his gameplay video with TotalBiscut.

I'd personally like to see the "Inspect Body" aspect have more use. For example' date=' if you saw a guy die, or was the one to shoot him, you could inspect the body and find out his name and how he died, instead of "Name unknown cause of death unknown lol".

[/quote']

You can already do this. It just does not last for long and at some point it just changes to generic info. I have not tried it but I heard rocket mention it in his gameplay video with TotalBiscut.

I thought you had to be near the player when he died or something.

Makes me think of a Gmod RP I played awhile ago. You had an option to press a button to say your name in various fields. Whisper, normal, and shout. Each letting any player in X amount of range recognize you. Normally everyone would be "Unknown", you would only be able to see their physical description(this was an RP game mode).

I like the idea.

Makes me think of a Gmod RP I played awhile ago. You had an option to press a button to say your name in various fields. Whisper' date=' normal, and shout. Each letting any player in X amount of range recognize you. Normally everyone would be "Unknown", you would only be able to see their physical description(this was an RP game mode).

I like the idea.

[/quote']

thanks ;) like I said, what i've seen it's sloppy.

It should only pop up if you are facing the player where you can see his face and shouldn't bounce around like it does in other Arma modes

that could work' date=' but the problem is that you can only change your "skins" and there isn't enough skins as it is. Arma2 skins do not use back packs, and then that leaves PMC, BAF, US, Taki skins and a lot of those do not fit the mind set of DayZ or allready being used.

[/quote']

Thats why i'am hoping for a change in the system. I would love to have a choice to choose what i wan't to wear from head to bottom. Maybe with subtle changes also like better shoes= a little faster running or an helmet= not dying so easily when headshotted with a weak pistol.

that could work' date=' but the problem is that you can only change your "skins" and there isn't enough skins as it is. Arma2 skins do not use back packs, and then that leaves PMC, BAF, US, Taki skins and a lot of those do not fit the mind set of DayZ or allready being used.

[/quote']

Thats why i'am hoping for a change in the system. I would love to have a choice to choose what i wan't to wear from head to bottom. Maybe with subtle changes also like better shoes= a little faster running or an helmet= not dying so easily when headshotted with a weak pistol.

That would be nice, but Arma2 engine doesn't work like that =(

I had a similar idea and posted about it (even scored a 5-star rating on the thread) before the forum shit itself and my post and account were deleted along with many others.

My idea being that all players are unknown unless you 'exchange' names via the scroll menu when close enough to a player. All 'known' names are 'remembered' on your life until you die... perhaps even just 'forever', regardless of server or life... so if you see people you've worked with previously and wish to reconnect, you know who they are if you see them/they see you.

It will also help players keep better track of their friends, and unknown players... rather than people being forced to play on either a regular server or a veteran server depending on their personal preference, then fighting to figure out who is who (if they are playing on a vet server)... or being annoyed that everybody can see their name (if playing on a regular server).

This way players can get the best of both worlds.

Merely a suggestion, but I think it seems like a good one... and people I've spoken to about it agree.

I had a similar idea and posted about it (even scored a 5-star rating on the thread) before the forum shit itself and my post and account were deleted along with many others.

My idea being that all players are unknown unless you 'exchange' names via the scroll menu when close enough to a player. All 'known' names are 'remembered' on your life until you die... perhaps even just 'forever'' date=' regardless of server or life... so if you see people you've worked with previously and wish to reconnect, you know who they are if you see them/they see you.

It will also help players keep better track of their friends, and unknown players... rather than people being forced to play on either a regular server or a veteran server depending on their personal preference, then fighting to figure out who is who (if they are playing on a vet server)... or being annoyed that everybody can see their name (if playing on a regular server).

This way players can get the best of both worlds.

Merely a suggestion, but I think it seems like a good one... and people I've spoken to about it agree.

[/quote']

I do like some of your idea's i'm going to add some of them or modify the OP post ;)

This sounds good , will get rid of accidental shooting that comes with servers with nametags off , but it also doesn't allow the exploit of seeing people miles away , even if they aren't friendly and don't want their name to be known.

This sounds good ' date=' will get rid of accidental shooting that comes with servers with nametags off , but it also doesn't allow the exploit of seeing people miles away , even if they aren't friendly and don't want their name to be known.

[/quote']

well it will not be a 100% cure for accidental shooting

names will only be shown when two players are facing each other.