Sign in to follow this  
Maverick8204

Mac OS version?

I would like to know if there's a possibility of a mac version on the Devs table at all. I've played the mod version before but I don't have a PC anymore. I really enjoyed this game and would like to play it again. If there is a possibility of this happening that would be awesome!!

All I ask of the developers is to please seriously think about making a mac OS version as well. I do realize the developers are still working out a lot of things with the game as it is now, but just consider it please. I know I'm not the only mac owner that that would love this game.

LOL good one.

Edited by Geckofrog7

Luckily I still have my old PC desktop to play games on, although I 100% agree that a Mac version should be tested during beta.

Bohemia never release Mac versions. I wouldn't hold your breath.

• Like 2

Install Windows on your Mac. Problem solved

I doubt all Mac users will want to do that, it's to costly. Also they would make even more revenue and profits if they open up to another market area i.e. Mac OS users and even Linux. I think this is a valid suggestion.

I doubt all Mac users will want to do that, it's to costly. Also they would make even more revenue and profits if they open up to another market area i.e. Mac OS users and even Linux. I think this is a valid suggestion.

BI has never released anything for Mac/Linux before, i believe its the whole "DirectX doesnt work" thing.

Now there might be workarounds with DayZ, but im no Mac expert tbh.

Perhaps it will be viable on VINE or BOOTCAMP after release, have no idea tbh.

And i have to admit, its a very very small market they would open up for, compared to the development costs involved.

I'm playing all my games on a Mac with Bootcamp and dayz runs fine.

Install a Win session on your mac with Bootcamp. And don't tell that it's costly, that's a made-up fact. It will only cost you a Win license, if you need one. You can look on tutorials for the rest of the process.