Mukaparska

Where the hell are everyone?

This whole day when I played DayZ, I found only two guys in a remote town. Servers I played always had around 15-30 players. I looted both of the airports and many cities, and saw absolutely no one. Only the last city I looted, the one with a tall broken building with a plane wreck on the street, had at least some evidence of human activity before my arrival. Well, while walking to the east I was suddenly shot to the chest from somewhere and I died. But where the hell are everyone??? No one in the air bases, no one in the cities...

I can't speak for anyone else, but while I do enjoy the game, there isn't a whole lot to do at the moment so I'm waiting for some real "end-game" substance to be added.

• Like 2

This whole day when I played DayZ, I found only two guys in a remote town. Servers I played always had around 15-30 players. I looted both of the airports and many cities, and saw absolutely no one. Only the last city I looted, the one with a tall broken building with a plane wreck on the street, had at least some evidence of human activity before my arrival. Well, while walking to the east I was suddenly shot to the chest from somewhere and I died. But where the hell are everyone??? No one in the air bases, no one in the cities...

People are tired of runing and just camping Electro/Cherno/Balota SWAF mostly. Also If you're lucky enough, you can see server hopers are appearing and disappearing in Military Base SE of Vybor and airfleids.

Don't think after April you'll see anyone with a working "W" key  on their keyboards.

Edited by =1PARA=Prime=C.O=

50,000 people used to live here..... now it's a ghost town

50,000 people used to live here..... now it's a ghost town

Lel, anyways its the same with me. 

I hardly see anyone except when i have no gear as a fresh spawn. Once im fully geared and make my way back towards Electro on a 50 or 40 man, i see noone. Till i get 1 shotted in the back. 

Player movement is limited at the moment because of the lack of features. Rest assured OP, when they introduce vehicles and base-building etc, there will be a hell of a change in the way people use the map.

The city with the hotel is Chernogorsk. It's the largest city on the map, and it's likely there was someone there that you just didn't run into. Also, I recommend going from Elektro to Kamishovo, you can usually find people that way.

Where the hell IS everyone.. ;)

tumblr_lw0nda8bM81r5gy4zo1_500.png

And I noticed that a lot of people who watch certain Youtubers have a tendency to go try the new games that are shown on their channel ...

aaaahem, cough.. breaking point A3

• Like 2

Yeah even on 40 player servers, which are full it is like a ghost town in cities like Electro for some reason. But the creepy thing is, people are like ghosts in this game, so I don't think they are empty, perhaps more careful?

Would be interesting to see visualised statistics on player locations. For example, collect info about players on a server during one/two/more days to represent it on a map. Mark each player's spawn point with fade red area, so that they combine into scarlet player "warp gate" areas. Or just mark player positions with it (to discover that there is a red circle in the corner of the map indicating a hermit that sits there for ages and consumes fresh kiwis and bananas from his mountain backpack filled with them).

Wanted to manually draw such a fake map but never got around to it.

Hi,

Just server hop airfields. Not for the loot, but for the interaction! It's literally the only way to find people sometimes. Plus, there's nothing better in this game than to get the drop on someone who looks like a cross between Predator and Rambo. A simple "Hello there!" said from cover to someone server hopping yields the most hilarious results. I've seen everything from a guy running to a lone bush in NEAF and going prone (he was completely visible) to people still trying to combat log.

Regards.

lel

• Like 1

Would be interesting to see visualised statistics on player locations. For example, collect info about players on a server during one/two/more days to represent it on a map. Mark each player's spawn point with fade red area, so that they combine into scarlet player "warp gate" areas. Or just mark player positions with it (to discover that there is a red circle in the corner of the map indicating a hermit that sits there for ages and consumes fresh kiwis and bananas from his mountain backpack filled with them).

Wanted to manually draw such a fake map but never got around to it.

Heat_MAP.jpg

• Like 5

pic

Heatmap.. and it would be really interesting to see BI post some info like this

Edited by lrish

Itsehän törmään ihmisiin 5 min sisällä serverille tulemisesta, tuuria/huonoa tuuria?

Translation (Finnish): "You're the one I come across people within 5 min to the server coming, luck / bad luck?"

Edited by lrish

Heat_MAP.jpg

Was that map before or after the spawn location changes? I'll guess before.

Regardless, that map is pretty spot on.. 

Bet the devs won't ever bother to do this kind of map for standalone; hope someone from community has access to the required data.

Based on the fact that it's the map from the mod, I assume it's a heat map from the mod. I'm sure for SA right now it's more coastal.

You have 3 basic types of people for this sort of thing. Coastal Deathmatch people, server hoppers, and hermits/nomads who go to the weirdest of places.

I fall in the latter. My HC character has been hiking about 1 km North of the northern railway for a couple of weeks now, playing about a 1/2 hour a day.

Based on the fact that it's the map from the mod, I assume it's a heat map from the mod. I'm sure for SA right now it's more coastal.

You have 3 basic types of people for this sort of thing. Coastal Deathmatch people, server hoppers, and hermits/nomads who go to the weirdest of places.

I fall in the latter. My HC character has been hiking about 1 km North of the northern railway for a couple of weeks now, playing about a 1/2 hour a day.

How do you, y'know, medic people when you're in the middle of buttfuck nowhere? (;

How do you, y'know, medic people when you're in the middle of buttfuck nowhere? (;

I come out of the woods to medic, grab some food, and most importantly shower.  That and I never seem to be around when we get hardcore patients.

Yea its a map from the mod...the SA version should be basicly: Balota Airstrip orange, NE-Airfield and Krastostav Orange. Electro red, rest of the map utterly dead :(

In the mod, the promise of the best weaponry that can spawn in a static place called players to the NW Airstrip in the first place, now on all military facilities there is the same loot, and since the militarytents don't spawn weapon upgrades anymore, its hardly worth hiking all the way up to the NWAF, with the only promise being Hangars mostly containing boots :D

The best map changes Ive seen for the mod so far (and the best sub-mod in general Imo) is DAYZERO  they added a hospital to zelenogorsk, balanced weapons and gave them high-res ironsights, aswell as building interiors. Also that community seems somewhat good at this game, (no bases though, sorry guys :D)

Their SA servers are the most lethal servers Ive played in so far (with 200h of playtime).

I heard that the devs add some more medicalstations now, let's see how that turns out. I hope those will be smaller ones.

Concerning Hospitals I'd really like to see the old concept of crates of med supplies spawning there, instead of rotten fruit, and remove the new hospital near Cherno, to create hotspots once again. Imo that's the mainproblem of SA atm, no real hotspots.

Edited by Khanarac

ran through nwaf on high pop = empty

ran through cherno on mid pop while shooting 1000's of rounds at everything = empty