Irish.

The ACOG needs a 2nd optics mode.

and as you can see, i'm not disagreeing with you.

i just think this game should run away from "balancing" things if it's supposed to be cruel and unforgiving.

Not really a valid point, of course there needs to be balance, what a silly thing to say.

Can we uh...  get the fuck back on topic here? This is not about COD or LMGs. Its about the ACOG and a 2nd sight option.

Fack.

Agreed on all points. In my opinion, they can include ANY WEAPON inasmuch as it (or the ammo) is made suitably rare, suitably difficult to carry, and/or suitably prohibitive to maintain. I'd agree that they need to balance the ITEMS and not the ways in which the items can be used. Sniping should be robust, and I enjoy the tension in always having to look out for snipers.

I honestly don't care either way. If they decided to put in .50 BMG sniper rifles, I wouldn't mind. But as it stands, I don't mind that they're not in either.

if they just make long range sniping as difficult as in ACE, and make the LMG's weight actually reduce your running speed/carry capability, things would be balanced by themselves.

The unfair side of the game is that your mosin reticle sways NOTHING while you're taking aim at a target at 600 meters, and your bullet will ALWAYS hit where you're pointing.

Then you have the mid/close range weapons with random spread that makes it impossible to hit anything above 150 meters. You cant even suppress a sniper with an SKS/M4 as we did in the mod.

Edited by lipemr

Can we uh...  get the fuck back on topic here? This is not about COD or LMGs. Its about the ACOG and a 2nd sight option.

Fack.

i think OP already got his answer about the ACOG scope.

plus this is general discussion forum, not suggestions forum.

• Like 1

Fack.

Funny then, that the majority of your subsequent posts in this thread aren't discussing the ACOG or 2nd sight option and you're in fact raising the off-topic points which people are then commenting on, which you consider to be off-topic.

Hyper on-topic - Yes, I want a BUIS option on my ACOG. Information has been relayed. Powering down.

• Like 2

Hello there

This thread is on ACOGS. Now a little divergence here or there is fine but if you guys want to talk about snipers etc, please make a new topic if none exist.

Rgds

LoK

Funny then, that the majority of your subsequent posts in this thread aren't discussing the ACOG or 2nd sight option and you're in fact raising the off-topic points which people are then commenting on, which you consider to be off-topic.

Hyper on-topic - Yes, I want a BUIS option on my ACOG. Information has been relayed. Powering down.

Did you actually go back and look at my posts in this thread before making that comment? Because my posts are either on topic or responding to others posts.. a dash of levity in there.

My point is still valid, this thread was not meant to be about LMGs or COD.. it diverged slightly, and continued to diverge. So I was asking in my USMC way to get things back on track. Im sorry if by doing that you got upset to the point that you felt the need to personally call me out.

Have a great St. Patricks Day, okay? :)

Did you actually go back and look at my posts in this thread before making that comment? Because my posts are either on topic or responding to others posts.. a dash of levity in there.

My point is still valid, this thread was not meant to be about LMGs or COD.. it diverged slightly, and continued to diverge. So I was asking in my USMC way to get things back on track. Im sorry if by doing that you got upset to the point that you felt the need to personally call me out.

Have a great St. Patricks Day, okay? :)

I did prior to posting, in foresight of the challenge that I "hadn't read your posts". And only one or two of your posts refer directly to the ACOG or BUIS option. The others raise the issues (such as weapon properties/accuracy, and weapon inclusions). Which is fine, but it's sort of hypocritical when you're calling folks out for being off-topic, when they're discussing issues raised in your own posts.

Not questioning the validity of your assertion. Merely the contradictions raised by it.

I will! Have a nice St. Patty's Day as well! :D

You're entitled to that.. But I do not think its silly to be able to use the iron sights and the scope as its intended. Yes, they need to "fix" the magnification, but as far as we know that whole thing could be on purpose from the devs.

In any event, its not like in an alpha they need to fix things first. I dont think you understand exactly what an early release alpha is if you want problems fixed before content is added. That is backwards to the entire purpose of what we are doing here..

What they are doing right now is exactly what they should be: adding in new content to be tested, and fixing or working on fixing the game breaking bugs that pop up.

On topic.

We had them in the mods and they were grossly OP.. especially with scopes on them ;)

You could put about 200 rounds down range, fairly accurately, in less than 30 seconds. But, hey.. Ill take one if they want to add them :D

Responding to others..

LOL... ok.

So you're saying that in the mods, you felt a Lee Enfield was the same as an M249? 

Now did you ever actually have and use an M249? Because that statement is rather laughable man... it really is.

Its tantamount to saying, the crossbow is just as good as the G17. 

edit: Oops, I guess we already cleared that up.. :blush:  Nevermind!

​Responding to others..

Im pretty sure that when you add that, to the "mysterious" scope zoom (i.e. instead of 4x its more like 1.8x) that you can conclude the devs did this on purpose.. maybe during testing, maybe for good.

On topic.

You're trying to tell a USMC veteran about firearms? 

Ok.. please proceed  :rolleyes:

Responding to others..

I knew it was a joke.. hence my funny head in the sand picture.

But I guess others got all ass rapey type hurt over it :(

Responding to others.. about my jpg of humor

^ this.

God how did they not go with that rather than random spread? ..oh yeah, animations.

Responding to others.. On topic-ish

Fack.

Me trying to right the ship.. 

Now how did I go off topic or make myself a hypocrite by asking others to get back on topic when they were grossly off of it?

I only skipped 2 posts I made that were images only. 

Edited by orlok
  • Like 1

and now you're going offtopic again, sum it up with your statistics :P

The Zoom issue along with the field of view you get with zooming PU/ACOG are a way more important thing.

the vision on the sides of the scope should be totally blurry, as in real life you need to tunnel your vision a bit to aim properly with a scope.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?160054-TMR-Modular-Realism

Hello there

I use this chaps mod religiously.

Id love something similar for all sights inc. the ACOG.

Id also like different versions of the ACOG back up sights.

BTW that vid is a very old version.

Rgds

LoK

Yea I think 2d scopes are the way to go.

That way we can get the proper zoom levels regardless of fov settings.

This will be especially important when mildot scopes are added and when we can use them to range estimate.

• Like 1

Great ideas..