cywehner1234

Will DayZ SA die out to Mods just like the Mod did?

Do you believe DayZ SA Vanilla will die out to mods?  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe DayZ SA Vanilla will die out to mods?

• Yes, I think it will die out due to mods
    • No, I believe it will not die out due to mods

Do you believe DayZ SA Vanilla will die out to mods just like the mod did? If so, why?

I personally think it will. I'm curious as to what people think.

I made this exact same poll like 2 months ago. Half of the people said they don't want mods, half of the people said they do (probably the Epoch/Overwatch dudes)

I made this exact same poll like 2 months ago. Half of the people said they don't want mods, half of the people said they do (probably the Epoch/Overwatch dudes)

Weird. I didnt see as a suggested one. Yeah, I figure it to be like that. I was just curious. Thanks for your results though man.

Gamers like things easy and everything handed to them on a sliver platter.  Of course there is going to be a hell of a lot more who would want a modded server.  Thousands of cars everywhere, start with whatever gun you want, less about survival more about just being a shooter.  

• Like 6

Weird. I didnt see as a suggested one. Yeah, I figure it to be like that. I was just curious. Thanks for your results though man.

At the end, all the players want is 10000 AS50 + 12312312 vehicles servers. Last 2 months of the mod I almost stopped playing due to lack of vanilla servers.

Edited by xBlurHitz
  • Like 3

I certainly hope not.

One of the reasons I stopped playing for awhile was because everyone and their brother had their own mod...of the mod. It just got oversaturated with so many mods.

I prefer one version of the game. As opposed to a ton of slightly modified versions of the same thing.

That's me though.

• Like 6

if it does let them add vehicles, hunting, bows, and more crafting before the inevitable

I can't believe I just voted "yes" because I so want "no" to be true. 

However I know I'm in a minority. Simply look at the server list in mod or SA and one will see undeniable evidence.

People gravitate towards donater perks and billion vehicle spawns.

I guess this is how this works. Dean Hall moves the needle a lot. The marketplace forces the needle to come back to little. And now there is a niche market again for an "extreme game".

• Like 1

I want Epoch personally, however with more extreme survival aspects. The reason is that the base construction in it was absolutely awesome, and it made the game feel a whole load more dynamic.

Personally, I feel that more maps would be a better contribution than more mods though; seeing as we will get base construction anyway, and that's all I wanted.

I would absolutely love a DayZ SA Takistan map. I know the mountains of Takistan like the back of my hand, I've played so much of it. Just imagine the possibilities.

I have never played the DayZ mod, so I don't know to what extent the player-made addons to the mod has affected it. My guess is that some servers would disable PvP, others would disable zombies, and of course, loot whoring and vehicles galore.

I have never played the DayZ mod, so I don't know to what extent the player-made addons to the mod has affected it. My guess is that some servers would disable PvP, others would disable zombies, and of course, loot whoring and vehicles galore.

That's pretty much it.  People wanted to play soldier instead of a survivor game.  It's weird because you need Arma 2 to play it. :rolleyes:

Edited by Caboose187

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that mods won't be allowed until the game is well past Alpha/Beta and into the 'release' version so the core features can be fleshed out.

DayZ mod proved that this community is pretty self destructive, with server providers ruining the experience with Pay2win donation perks, custom loadouts, hundreds of vehicles and other things that just dumbed down the experience. None of the sub-mods really improved upon DayZ mod, they just added skins, weapons and maps but failed to address or improve on the core gameplay or survival aspect.

Players just need to learn some damn patience let the devs flesh out the bones of DayZ SA.

DayZ: Overwatch was one of the absolute worst mods for the mod available; all it did was turn a zombie survival game into another boring-as-fuck shooter.

Depends.. will the mods offer the easy road of paid for 100% safe bases and starter gear?  Hopefully not but we all know how people like to take the easy road.  Even Blizzard has realized this. 

I say, crush anyone who tries to give freshspawns or players anything for money.  That'll beat down the paytowin mods with a quickness.

Agreed entirely, I'd really like to hope that the folks at Bohemia realize how destructive allowing that type of behavior. If they do, and manage to find a coping strategy then great. A huge part of it is marketing as well. Market the game to people who aren't obsessed with mods as much as they are with a solid online game with tons of content. Make the game better than any mod, or at least seem that way. I'm not saying user mods are a bad thing, look at Skyrim, but on the flipside look at how bad some of the Counter Strike mods are.

• Like 1

I've conceded on this issue. It's a done deal. Only question is what's next.

I can only hope that there is some notion of "Public" hive that holds that charm of notoriety and equanimity of stats. Meaning, "Holy shit, his 14 bandit kills and 28 day lifespan is impressive because I've played and understand the conditions under which he achieved that!"

In the mod, our public hive character always held a special place in our hearts, let us not lose that.

i Hope they make it to where there is a limited spawn on vehicles in mods that will be around 100, and helis? less than 4 with rare ass parts

i Hope they make it to where there is a limited spawn on vehicles in mods that will be around 100, and helis? less than 4 with rare ass parts

100 cars and 4 helicopters? WTF? There would be a car every few hundred feet with that many.

100 cars and 4 helicopters? WTF? There would be a car every few hundred feet with that many.

How about we stick with some realism and mix it up then. 200 on a server, gas is very very very rare. I mean, its the best of both worlds. Its very rare for a car to spawn with gas. That's really the only solution that I could think of that is a comprimise. 

• Like 1

Of course it will because the community will bring out a better product and fix anything wrong in dayz.

I would switch the moment the community brings out a realism hotfix that removes the lrs from the mosin and removes all the garbage dispersion and gives realistic accuracy.

Of course it will because the community will bring out a better product and fix anything wrong in dayz.

I would switch the moment the community brings out a realism hotfix that removes the lrs from the mosin and removes all the garbage dispersion and gives realistic accuracy.

I hope you realize its the exact opposite. Mods completely ruined the mod. And probs will with SA. All they did was add 7000 cars 500 helis and tanks with self blood bag. Havent played enough have you :p

• Like 2

my modded SA server looks like this:

Pacific Coast Party [PcP] 24/7 HARDCORE / NO LOOT RESPAWN / WEEKLY RESTARTS / 3PP:OFF / REAL ZOMBIES*

*real zombies mod - slow, moaning zombies in the thousands, one bite infection, all characters become npc zombies on non-headshot death, ect ect

that's what modding is to me. fixing or changing the game so it is playable or better, depending on preference.

oh, you can all host SA vanilla servers and never touch a modded server, if you want.

• Like 3

I hope you realize its the exact opposite. Mods completely ruined the mod. And probs will with SA. All they did was add 7000 cars 500 helis and tanks with self blood bag. Havent played enough have you :p

Why do people confuse mods with scripts?

Epoch itself does not add 5k cars but a server owner does with a simple script.

I also rather not play in these servers and thus I choose not to that is the beauty of private hives there is always a server to meet my needs.