xacloman

questions about maps

So my new mission is to get a complete ingame map. I have a few questions im hoping people can help me with.

1. Do the maps overlap? I ask this because I had both the NW and SW map parts, and they combined to make the W map part. This confuses me a bit, since there are 8 map parts. Would NE and SE combine to make E? Wouldn't this mean I am losing part of the map? Is there no way to combine NW SW NE SE into one full map?

2. What are the best buildings to find map parts. I have found most of mine in gas stations, and when looking at http://dayzdb.com/map/chernarusplus#4.102.079 , it shows that they can spawn anywhere. Just wondering if anyone has seen another building like gas stations that spawns them a lot.

Thanks a lot for any help.

Edited by xacloman

2. I find most map parts in those generic civillian houses that are two storeys high.

All maps can combine to make the big map, just add one quarter to another, repeat, then add the halves together giving you a full map.

• Like 1

once you have an east and a west they combine to make a full map, same for a north and south, you can find half maps already which is handy but the quarter maps are most common - I tend to find most map parts in the larger towns that have the row shops with what looks like a roll-up door covering the window (sorry I don't have a pic for ya) but the most common of those has the roll-up door broken so you can see in and they usually have a red door to access the interior. I have also found them in supermarkets and the apartments above the shops (three story buildings mostly but on the first or second floor) the towns I have found maps in are electro, cherno, zelenogorsk, pustoshka and gvozdno. happy hunting - the map search is one of my favorite activities :) 

• Like 1

It's the last image on of your links , the red house - usually in the first room upstairs with the bookcase I find them.

once you have an east and a west they combine to make a full map, same for a north and south, you can find half maps already which is handy but the quarter maps are most common - I tend to find most map parts in the larger towns that have the row shops with what looks like a roll-up door covering the window (sorry I don't have a pic for ya) but the most common of those has the roll-up door broken so you can see in and they usually have a red door to access the interior. I have also found them in supermarkets and the apartments above the shops (three story buildings mostly but on the first or second floor) the towns I have found maps in are electro, cherno, zelenogorsk, pustoshka and gvozdno. happy hunting - the map search is one of my favorite activities :)

Thank you both. I just searched one of those red houses and found a N and SE piece, and can verify how they combine.

EDIT: and im with you, I love maps.

Edited by xacloman

You can combine 2 adjacent quarter maps into a half. You can combine 2 halves so long as they don't overlap.

I've found my map parts in gas stations and in cars back when they spawned loot. I'd take the other people's advice.

all the maps i've found, and i've had them all, were found in gas stations.

They should spawn a lot in wrecked vehicles. You know, when you look in the trunk of cars and so on... or on the backseats.

But loot spawning in cars is not working at the moment.

Rocket said in mid February that he fixed the bug for some reason the fix hasn't been added yet, not even on experimental servers.

• Like 1

Pro tip:

if you have a tablet or ipad or smartphone... Use an online map. http://www.izurvive.com/#c=2;-62;3

Save inventory room, and it feels more realistic to have a map to look down at while you're running around.. rather than hitting "M" and having all your vision taken up by the worlds largest map ever.. ;) For some this option might be too much, but I find it works best for me.

I dont need maps anymore as I have played far too much.. but if I ever have an issue, or want to range a shot quickly and without question I use my online map/tablet combo (yes, you can range your shot down to the meter using online maps.. ftw, no rangefinder needed)

While you're still learning, use the map but I'd recommend using it sparingly. Terrain features, towns, hell even shrubs become easy to recognize as you play more, learning the map is well worth the space it eats up in your brain.

One area I know I need to work on is the inland road network, that takes a bit more but also good to know once vehicles hit. Not having to stop and recheck directions will save you a bunch of time.

• Like 1