Zjasuu

Do you want binoculars? POLL

Do you want binoculars into the game as soon as possible?  

142 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want binoculars into the game as soon as possible?

Do you want binoculars into the game as soon as possible? I think they would be a game changer, I have been waiting for them since the release.

While I feel this would be an awesome addition, it shouldn't be high priority. Then again, it should be simple to implement due to it already existing for the engine. If they throw it in with the next update, awesome. If not, it's fine.

While I really want the capabilities that a pair of binos have to offer, I am not sure that they will be a real "game changer."

While I really want the capabilities that a pair of binos have to offer, I am not sure that they will be a real "game changer."

If you are almost a fresh spawn you really can't observe an area without any optics (LRS) and then you just have to rush there and get killed by someone who you didn't see. With binocs you could observe the area and enter if you don't see anybody, and if you do see someone you can back away. Game changing.

I like binos. I'm excited for when they show up, but I'm not aching for them. The models exist, but you have to remember...they have to add 'conditions' to them. I'll be excited to see how they look when worn and such. Bits of dirt and such. I'm a sucker for those little details. Even the damaged scope...I pick it up just to admire the 'damage'.

So long as we don't get rangefinders. Or if we do...hopefully they will be in very short supply.

That's me though.

I like binos. I'm excited for when they show up, but I'm not aching for them. The models exist, but you have to remember...they have to add 'conditions' to them. I'll be excited to see how they look when worn and such. Bits of dirt and such. I'm a sucker for those little details. Even the damaged scope...I pick it up just to admire the 'damage'.

So long as we don't get rangefinders. Or if we do...hopefully they will be in very short supply.

That's me though.

Rangefinders would be simply the biggest screw up. Hopefully we won't see them.

(pic)

You're welcome.

:3 They're so beautiful... and ugly.. at the same time.

Edited by Zjasuu

Rangefinders would be simply the biggest screw up. Hopefully we won't see them.

Could make them like a .001% drop and id be fine with it then lol

If you are almost a fresh spawn you really can't observe an area without any optics (LRS) and then you just have to rush there and get killed by someone who you didn't see. With binocs you could observe the area and enter if you don't see anybody, and if you do see someone you can back away. Game changing.

While I get your point on being able to "observe the area" before entering it, nobody is forced to "rush" into an area without any kind of proper reconnaissance. And I don't know how many fresh spawns will be finding binos before gearing up anyway. So maybe it would be a "game changer" for players who currently run around with reckless abandon, but it will probably just be another useful tool for all the others.

Those look great! Gotta love that hammer and sickle stamp.

They would be great as well for spotters on over watch teams that are part of the clans with the more tactical focus. Seen as though these groups will really make up the majority of consistent player base because the solo/kos players will get easily bored or quit as changes come out making these options less viable(more zombies and glitch fixes for example), then go back to the no risk fps' or rust or mine craft. I love those games lol but soon the play style will be much more exclusive. I would put binos at a higher priority than some of the simply cosmetic changes I've seen. Opinion of course. Feel free to bash.

You would have to be mentally ill to vote no :P

As of now it's not something that must be implemented ASAP. Although it is nice, the community can wait since there are other pressing matters such as the blocker bugs that are not making it possible for the newest patch to go on Stable.

unless the binocs are as good or better than the current LRS i can wait

Binoculars aren't even an option... they are a necessity.

• Like 2

Yep binos would be much more realistic than the zoom option. I think the zoom option should be out and the binos should be in.

• Like 1

Why would a fresh spawn carry binoculars? They should be relatively rare, about same as compass.

I want them but I don't mind waiting. They are really really usefull tool to have, especially for guys who don't loot military as much.

Why would a fresh spawn carry binoculars? They should be relatively rare, about same as compass.

I think its more about where they would spawn. I know as a freshy I don't want to run strait to a mill zone because of bandits....id rather get a bit gearer around lower risk residentials, then hit up an airfield or base. If these spawned in residential, it could make them more of the "entry level" optics. Something to aim for at resi borfore heading on to mill. Then we can scout properly, without having to visit a high risk area to get that ability :)

I was surprised that they weren't added before release TBH, I would have been fine with a straight port of the Arma 2 binos. Hopefully they're porting in the Arma 3 system where you hold them in your hand and then left click to look through them and that's why they've taken longer.

The sooner the better.

Binoculars should be quite common, many people have a set of binoculars at their home.

The sooner the better.

Binoculars should be quite common, many people have a set of binoculars at their home.

I don't lol.

I don't lol.

I do but maybe I should not say this on this forum.

Don't want you guys looting my house after the apocalypse ;)

you know what i want ?

burlap sack + kitchen knife = burlap mask

and i want it now  :D  !!!!!!!!!