Meenos

Dayz - In real life (how would you act)

Step one.

Learn to build a fire by hand without a lighter.

If you don't already know, are you really going to take the time to learn AFTER the zombie apocalypse? :)

Besides, if you bring a couple of lighters you'll be able to light thousands of fires before you have to worry about running out. We all thought matches were the way to go at an army survival day I attended, but the instructor said "screw that, this one lighter is better than a pallet of matches in a real survival situation!"

Yeah, i've subjected myself to a 3 week stay in the Maine woods, called the 100 Mile Wilderness, as a personal character-building exercise. I hope I never have to do that for real, because that was literally the hardest thing I've ever done. I am pretty sure I went insane for a few days, because I lost track of a couple of days in the middle of the expedition, and I can't recall exactly what happened....

Lack of food and shelter does odd things to your head. I remember a march, where we went 50 km or so in a couple of days, with no food. On the second day, I just sat down by the roadside and could't get up. A friend pulled me to my feet and got me walking again, and I was fine after that. But if he hadn't done that, there's no way I would have gotten up on my own. The only thing going through my head was how hungry I was, and all we talked about for three days was food :). 

I would go to Polana and retrench myself in a house, from there i'll go for scavenge runs around, i'll try to avoid large cities. I'd avoid all kind of fight, keep a low profile at all times, and if something go wrong i'd run like hell and parkour back to my house. In my house i'd remove the stairs so stupid zombies can't get up and eat me.I'd use a rope or something. I'd use all the Bear Grylls stuff i know to survive. And i will.

I guess.

Go hiding, eat beans (occasionally failing because I was using something else accidentally).

Wait until helicopters magically appear in the world. Take the first one seen. Crash in 10 sec.

But then again, that's what everybody eventually does. This is how mankind ends.

Replace dead gook with zombie and buffalo with bambi.... 

I am pretty sure "gook" is a racial slur ... I suggest not using the term.

Also, this fantasy would surely end in crash in a matter of secs.

It is, how did you not know this? lol

It is but it's what he says. Plus, gook originated from US Troops not knowing how to speak Japanese when we invaded during WW2. The Japs kept saying "me gook" which means "White man". We turned it into they were saying that they were "Gooks". So we started calling asians gooks.

It is but it's what he says. Plus, gook originated from US Troops not knowing how to speak Japanese when we invaded during WW2. The Japs kept saying "me gook" which means "White man". We turned it into they were saying that they were "Gooks". So we started calling asians gooks.

Afaik that was from Korea and they called japanese Nips ( Nippon ) and Filipino FLIP ( fucking little island people ). Don't know how they called the others, i bet they also had their share of names for the US troops :lol:

I wonder how a lot of people think they can go full rambo in an apocalypse, they would be the first to get shot by the sane ones if they started shooting innocent people.

Edited by Enforcer

The sad thing is that some people seem to think that things would work out in RL like they do in a vidya-game.

I've seen this argument in quite a lot of threads where people claim "people just would turn full violent" (hence DayZ would be totally realistic) and  would shoot each other on sight in order to survive instead of banding together as everyone would come from different professions and could add different abilities to the group everyone could benefit from (medics, engineers, military personal, teachers, nurses, hunters, farmers, etc).

Some point everyone seem to totally ignore simply is: social interaction.

I wonder how long a human being would be able to stay mentally sane without having anyone around to trust and talk to, to share stories with and chitchat about better times.

I'm not talking about some hiking trip in your holidays to get away from stressfull daily routine for a given timeframe. I'm talking about the end of the world knowing that you won't return to your house, friends and family, fridge, smartphone, radio,TV and PC  in 2-3 weeks.

It really is a cause for concern when people have played so much video games that they think what they do in the game is what they would do in a real life situation.

Maybe it's time to log off and venture outside for a bit -.-

• Like 1

Most people in truth would commit suicide just for not being able to check their Facebook.

Has anyone here experienced any hardship or war, I have, although nowhere near dayz scenario, trust me on this, food is most important factor, not ammo and weapons. And even though it was war, my father didn't get killed for a can of beans, even though we had them and others with guns didn't.

• Like 1

I would take a much, much different approach.

At first, I'd get the necessary needs to survive. Food, water, utensils, weapons, ammunition, and other various stuff. But I'd much rather begin to stockpile weapons, military vehicles, aircraft, and fuel. I'd look for uniforms, you'd need a professional look to pull it off. From there on, I'd make sure to have a large, walled compound (NG armory, prison, school), and from there on I'd "recruit" people for the cause. We would build sustained food through agriculture and hunting, and would refrain from looting food for the sake of other survivors. From there on, we'd make sure to take in anyone we found. Once we get sufficient numbers, we begin clearing the area of zombies. Start with small towns, feed stations, lone country homes and forests, and manage to keep a several hundred square mile area clear for operations and resettlement. We'd set up a trading post, some form of currency, and begin to retake the wasteland.

Someone has to save humanity.

• Like 2

I'd run around with my Mauser Kar 98k, and basically shoot at anyone and everyone. Eventually someone would kill me, and I'd be like, "You piece of shit. LOL I pwn you next time, nub, you got lucky!" and then I would respawn and try to get to my body. Right? G-guys?

Edited by Demoth

Just in Dayz ppl would KOS. I real life, most ppl would band together, since survival chances increases a lot.

someone here posted that 1st priority is a gun. I believe the 1st priority in reality would be potable water. It is impressive how fast water goes.