Sign in to follow this  
randmanq

Is healthy status still in the game? (experimental or not)

Hello all. I am able to get the statuses of hydrated and energized but I have never seen any other status messages. Does it still show a healthy status under the hydrated and energized ones? I'm currently playing experimental.

And if it's still in the game, how do I go about getting the healthy status, vitamins and eating more food and drinking? Is being hydrated and energized not enough? Sorry I'm just confused as to why I've never seen that.

Thank you!

Yep, it's still there - in both branches.

Eat an drink until you get the bright/shiny "hydrated" and "energized" symbols, it should be there then (maybe after a moment - it still seems quite random).

• Like 1

lol, Ive never been healthy I dont think.. almost always am energized and hydrated. But I guess I just never quite fill them up enough?

When you have green Hydrated/Energized you will start regenerating blood.  Once you have full blood it will then start "Healing" and will show a green TAB.  After you are done healing it will show "Healthy."  If I am correct, when Energized/Hydrated are bright green it makes you regenerate faster.

Screenshot from today, experimental branch.

2vm6j2u.jpg

lol, Ive never been healthy I dont think.. almost always am energized and hydrated. But I guess I just never quite fill them up enough?

That's quite possible. It can sometimes take a ridiculous amout of food and/or water to reach the bright/shiny symbol levels.

You need to be bright green on both (not dark green).

Also, you can hold WAY more energy than bright green or healthy.

It's so easy to get ''healthy'' in dayz. Eat a few packages of rice plus some crispy crunches and a few cans of stuff, drink at a well, wait a while, and there you go.

Alright, as all of the posts here seem a little vague... Let the doctor handle this.

In my profession, it is literally my job to keep my squad healthy. In order to achieve this, they must fill their water and their food to a certain extent. This being said, I almost ALWAYS eat all of my food RIGHT when I find it, and do the same with my patients. I also do the same with water, often filling up until bursting at wells. After you have achieved at least an energized state, you will regenerate blood. There is no message for this, but if you are energized and not thirsty, you should regenerate your blood. After your blood is regenerated, you must achieve the energized, hydrated or energized, hydrated for varying degrees of health regeneration. Eventually, you should get the healing status, and then healthy. Make sense? :D

NOTE: There is a rare bug where this doesn't work. Just take a small amount of damage, and you should be good to go! :)

Edited by Guppy the DayZ Medic
  • Like 2

This has always bothered the hell out of me... I have no problem getting hungry or thirsty, but if I eat an entire hiking backpack of fresh fruit and sit at a water pump for half an hour, I never achieve either of the good statuses I should be getting.

This has always bothered the hell out of me... I have no problem getting hungry or thirsty, but if I eat an entire hiking backpack of fresh fruit and sit at a water pump for half an hour, I never achieve either of the good statuses I should be getting.

Try high callorie stuff like rice and cornflakes until you see the light green energized square.

Then squeeze any drop of water out of the well until your hydration is light green.

You will get healthy as long as you stay out of trouble ^^

Try high callorie stuff like rice and cornflakes until you see the light green energized square.

Then squeeze any drop of water out of the well until your hydration is light green.

You will get healthy as long as you stay out of trouble ^^

Thank you.

And may the Boondocks be ever saintly.

• Like 1

Thank you.

And may the Boondocks be ever saintly.

They are the saints of chernarus, I promiss!

NOTE: There is a rare bug where this doesn't work. Just take a small amount of damage, and you should be good to go! :)

I think this may be my issue.. I have not taken any damage in a very long time, and I am almost always on bright green status for both. Never see healing or healthy.  :|

I think this may be my issue.. I have not taken any damage in a very long time, and I am almost always on bright green status for both. Never see healing or healthy.  :|

Just take a single zombie hit. :D

Alright, as all of the posts here seem a little vague... Let the doctor handle this.

In my profession, it is literally my job to keep my squad healthy. In order to achieve this, they must fill their water and their food to a certain extent. This being said, I almost ALWAYS eat all of my food RIGHT when I find it, and do the same with my patients. I also do the same with water, often filling up until bursting at wells. After you have achieved at least an energized state, you will regenerate blood. There is no message for this, but if you are energized and not thirsty, you should regenerate your blood. After your blood is regenerated, you must achieve the energized, hydrated or energized, hydrated for varying degrees of health regeneration. Eventually, you should get the healing status, and then healthy. Make sense? :D

Huge +1 

and i was about to add this last NOTE untill i read it :) 

Huge +1 

and i was about to add this last NOTE untill i read it :)

Thank you. :D

Things are a bit different on Experimental now.

You will vomit more often if you fill up to 'Stuffed'. So you will either need to walk or rest until it goes away. I don't even fill up to stuffed anymore, as it got too annoying.

Also, with the recent patch, it took longer to gain healing or healthy status. And it no longer indicates if you are getting blood or not.

Thank you for all the help and replies! I think I understand it now.

Do I have to sit down in order to get the eventual healthy status, or do I not have to remain stationary?

And does exhaustion play a part in any of this? I tend to sprint almost all the time, does it cause complications?

And do you have to get the "stuffed" status in order to trigger blood and health regeneration and the healthy status, or is it only energized and hydrated thats needed?

I always thought the stuffed status was to be avoided.

Stuffed status is to be avoided, but not feared. Just don't eat until you vomit! You don't need to be stationary, you can move all you want! :D For anymore questions or concerns, feel free to PM me. I can help you with all of your medicinal needs.