Sketchz

Dragging or picking up a wounded Friend

Hey, my friends and I thought it would be a great improvement if you could add the ability to drag your friend or pick them up on your shoulders if they are wounded or have a broken leg, you had the ability to on Arma and the Mod I believe, I feel like that would be a good add, if you were in a gunfight and a friend is hurt, you could drag them to cover, or lets say your a twisted fella, and would a person, could drag them to where ever you want, kinda messed up stuff but would make the game so much fun and have more teamwork.

Whats everyone's thoughts on this?

• Like 10

"Three major code changes have been occurring. We have been changing the way collision works to solve a number of bugs, such as shooting while prone colliding with the world and zombie collisions. Also our new physics system has been implemented, allowing us to have throwing, dragging, ragdoll, and even vehicles. In addition, a new guaranteed network message system has been developed to solve network issues, improve client/server performance, as well as reduce the “desync” issues experienced by many."

source:

http://dayzdev.tumblr.com/

• Like 2

"Three major code changes have been occurring. We have been changing the way collision works to solve a number of bugs, such as shooting while prone colliding with the world and zombie collisions. Also our new physics system has been implemented, allowing us to have throwing, dragging, ragdoll, and even vehicles. In addition, a new guaranteed network message system has been developed to solve network issues, improve client/server performance, as well as reduce the “desync” issues experienced by many."

source:

http://dayzdev.tumblr.com/

I read this before, just didn't even think that the "dragging:" would mean to drag your teammate, good eye!

doesnt have to be the same, but generally expecting the natural, it would be logical to include dragging teammates ;)
otherwise it would be specified to "dragging big stones".

Awesome idea. Would be great, running to the hills with some friends, dragging one while your mates hold the zeds/ bandits off.

beans.

It would be great really, drag/carry like in ARMA. It's hard to help friends without getting targeted atm due to not able to drag/carry. 

Beans given.

I read this before, just didn't even think that the "dragging:" would mean to drag your teammate, good eye!

Drag your injured teammate to safety;

drag a captured (restrained) bandit into the centre of town, fire your gun in the air, run off;

drag a deer carcass towards where you want to build your fire;

drag some heavy lootable item that you can't carry (for barackading, basebuildinging, etc);

drag shopping trolleys/prams to carry more loot (if they ever introduce that)...

it opens up lots of possibilities if the physics and animations are there.

• Like 1