Sign in to follow this  
paulcurtis26

<Slow Clap> I am alpha testing the ability to run around a forest!

I have played Dayz for a few weeks now and after loosing my character I now find that the lack of loot/purpose or stability in the chars mean that I am just running looking for non existent food until I die...again insert Slow clap to the developers, if you wanted to release an alpha to test running and the use of the W key that could have been achieved without charging 20 GBP for the pleasure, next time you pass a mirror please stop take a deep breadth and see if you can make eye contact with the person looking back at you, they should be judging you on your fundamental ability to make a game that actually keeps character data (wow there's a concept that should be fundamental) and a game that actually might have the basic game mechanics worked out...you need food to survive...how about food spawning (revelation or what!!!) so congratulations on making Minecraft with trees and hills and taking 20 GBP from every sucker like me that thought you had a game concept. just think you can milk this concept for another 18 month to 10 years until its ready to release by which time most (if not all) of you will have left and light have actually paid some of your student debts off.

Yours with the sincerity you deserve

Paul

Guess you didn't read the steam info before buying?

"THIS GAME IS EARLY ACCESS ALPHA. PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE IT UNLESS YOU WANT TO ACTIVELY SUPPORT DEVELOPMENT OF THE GAME AND ARE PREPARED TO HANDLE WITH SERIOUS ISSUES AND POSSIBLE INTERRUPTIONS OF GAME FUNCTIONING."

• Like 3

Starvation is the only thing I haven't actually died from in this game. Just stick to servers that aren't completely full.

Oh, boohoohoo! Perhaps you just suck at the game ? But, I'd still like to thank you for your 30$ donation to Bohemia Interactive! :)

• Like 2

If your avatar is realy a picture of you... Im confused. I allways thought the crying babys were 12 yo CoD kids. But you look like a mature man so you should know it better and dont cry on the forums. You were warned that you are going to buy an early alpha. Also if you starve to death you should watch some tutorials so you know how to play with game if you cant find it out by yourself.

Edited by Symon

If you want more of a challenge, just play the mod or some other game.

Pretending that the standalone has any viable playability is self delusion. Play it a while, do something else, wait for new content, rinse, repeat.

not his fault. he thought dayz is a supercasual zombie shooter. but he thought wrong.

this isn't left4dead, man. invest some time to find food and gear in houses/cities. don't just run off to the forest. that's where you die when you don't have supplies with you.

hope this helps

Let's face the fact, currently there isn't that much to do ingame. Simple fact due to the current version in development.

But instead of complaining about this on the forums I would suggest you (OP) put the game aside until July or August 2014. When you come back, you will probably be positive surprised. At least I am confident that until August there will be way way more content which makes it more the survival game it's supposed to be.

As someone said before as a reply to this post, the note on steam was about serious issues etc.

Let them developers work on real stable servers... once this hurdle has been taken, there will be content over content added.

• Like 1

Funny. I really enjoy the game. Daily.

OP: Can I have your stuff? Oh wait, you don't have any! Wrong game!

• Like 2

Oh man, research research research.

How many times do BI and Steam have to have the notice "THIS GAME IS EARLY ACCESS ALPHA. PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE IT UNLESS YOU WANT TO ACTIVELY SUPPORT DEVELOPMENT OF THE GAME AND ARE PREPARED TO HANDLE WITH SERIOUS ISSUES AND POSSIBLE INTERRUPTIONS OF GAME FUNCTIONING." before anyone will actually take it in?

Useless topic no suggestions here ..... This game is pretty amazing still in alpha with a great dev team and community - what is to complain it sais " alpha" on steam if you don't know what that is you are in the wrong place , pls stop spamming the suggestions forum

*Runs in forrest, cries about not finding canned beans*

• Like 1

OP- if you haven't seen this already, please read. It may help you with your sarcasm and frustrations. I'm not trolling,  it's a cut and paste from one of the developers in regards to the development stages and what to expect (allegedly).

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/179198-from-hicks-206-reddit-on-development/

wow, ur so bitter.  The game(yes, im gonna say it, because you don't get it) is in EARLY ALPHA.  The price you pay gets you the game at about half the release price.  I don't know what your bitching about, you got a deal.  If you don't like its current status, stop playing until they have more shit to offer you.  They've already done quite a bit of work in the last 3 months and they just doubled the size of their team.  If you want to find some place to complain, the forums aren't really the place to do that

I have played Dayz for a few weeks now and after loosing my character I now find that the lack of loot/purpose or stability in the chars mean that I am just running looking for non existent food until I die...again insert Slow clap to the developers, if you wanted to release an alpha to test running and the use of the W key that could have been achieved without charging 20 GBP for the pleasure, next time you pass a mirror please stop take a deep breadth and see if you can make eye contact with the person looking back at you, they should be judging you on your fundamental ability to make a game that actually keeps character data (wow there's a concept that should be fundamental) and a game that actually might have the basic game mechanics worked out...you need food to survive...how about food spawning (revelation or what!!!) so congratulations on making Minecraft with trees and hills and taking 20 GBP from every sucker like me that thought you had a game concept. just think you can milk this concept for another 18 month to 10 years until its ready to release by which time most (if not all) of you will have left and light have actually paid some of your student debts off.

Yours with the sincerity you deserve

Paul

10/10 if troll

7/10 if copy pasta

Hello there

Closing as is a rant and does not attempt to discuss.

OP feel free to make your feelings known, but make it more open ended.

And less ranty.

Rgds

LoK