Sebidee

Do you think Zombies should be headshots only?

Do you think Zombies should be headshots only?  

474 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Zombies should be headshots only?

• Yes, headshots.
    • No, I like it how it is.
    • Compromise, headshots should kill them in one but they should be able to take more damage to the body.

The guy above you basically tries to be smartypants but yet failing to do so.  I've said "would be realistic rely or based on most of the zombie movies" yet he came up with "Realistic in General".   

Now he confused me there since ever wonder if he saw a zombie or an infected person became a zombie in real life?  so stating as it can't be realistic in real.

Secondly I've said "for human beings you have to apply sort of medical action, yet he came with other crap. So I'll stop replying to him after this point.

Passive aggressiveness, how mature. /thread.

• Like 1

Well, if they are infected humans, they should act like a human in a berserk rage. Which means they take every phisical action of being hurt (like faling if they are hit by a axewhile running) but they dont feel anything (no fliinching). If you shoot two or three times into their chest, they should die of it. If you give them a headshot, they should die of it. If you give them a few blows with an axe, they should die of it.

I would more like the creepy tipes of infected, they jump out of a room you opened, they sneak up on you, they moan and utter words when you face them or dont see them (not when they are in imidiate area). I am allready creeped out on an airfield when I hear something, this would make it more intense.

If I had my way I would make it so that you can only kill a zombie by destroying the brain. It fits in with all the other zombie franchises (except 28 Days, but they aren't really zombies) and would somehow feel more like how I expect or at least feel like zombies should be. I also think it would improve gameplay. People want more zombies but they also want them to be more of a challenge. At the moment if you are armed with an M4 you can kill at dozen zombies at a 100 yards in only a matter of seconds. Armed with any other gun, even a pistol, is pretty easy as well. By forcing us to take very careful aim it would make zombie encounters much more interesting once you're geared up. To conserve ammo you would also be forced to allow zombies to come closer before you shoot them, making them much more dangerous.

So, do you think Zombies should be headshots only?

EDIT: I changed the poll because someone made a good suggestion. I think you can change your vote if you want to can't you?

Make the zombies slower and only stopped by a headshot or cutting off the limbs

Well, if they are infected humans, they should act like a human in a berserk rage. Which means they take every phisical action of being hurt (like faling if they are hit by a axewhile running) but they dont feel anything (no fliinching). If you shoot two or three times into their chest, they should die of it. If you give them a headshot, they should die of it. If you give them a few blows with an axe, they should die of it.

I would more like the creepy tipes of infected, they jump out of a room you opened, they sneak up on you, they moan and utter words when you face them or dont see them (not when they are in imidiate area). I am allready creeped out on an airfield when I hear something, this would make it more intense.

I am pretty sure Mr. Hall based the infected off of the Walking Dead.   "When a person dies, the infection they carry reactivates critical areas of the brain that support necessary vital systems, resulting in reanimation. Because only a portion of the brain is reactivated, the reanimated person retains only a physical resemblance to their former self."

I am pretty sure Mr. Hall based the infected off of the Walking Dead.  

He, in all actuality, based on his real life experience during survival training in the military. Its his version of how people are when they are delirious, starving, and disease ridden.. just like many of his peers as well as himself were during that 2 week solo survival training mission in the jungle that almost killed Dean.

I vaguely remember him being quoted in an article where he stated that it was as close as he could get to how it felt inside himself, and how people seemed to look on the outside; Zombies.

One of his poignant experiences was while starving he tried to steal food from another survivor. The guy caught Dean in the act, but in the end gave him some rotten top ramen, that Dean says helped keep him alive that day. Sound familiar? lol

Edited by lrish

For all of you arguing that DayZ zombies are not zombies but infected living beings, that technically makes DayZ not a zombie survival game.

Technically, this is a pretend video game.. so lets pretend that we don't care about zombie analogy and get back to the topic.

I like headshots. But only of attractive models.. not ugly zombies.

headshot_small_lr.jpg

• Like 2

Semantically challenged motherfuckers the lot of you. The enemy in this game is an infected human affectionately referred to as a zombie. But they are not undead. There are no headshots required. Why are we still arguing about this? It's like why don't you go bitch to Shinji Mikami asking for Resident Evil enemies to be turned into happy Unicorns? This is the game people. Deal with it. Go play something else if you have a headshot hard-on.

/rant

Fuck!

/okreallyendrant

doesnt matter "what kind of zombies" we're dealing with, i don't want headshot-only zombies with the clunky gun mechanics we have in dayz... plain and simple. Don't ask me to paint the mona lisa with crayons lol ya know?

if slowly rotting walkign corpses are living

No, no and for the last time, NO!

I'm tired of people wanting the classical zombies on DayZ. THESE ARE NOT THE UNDEAD, THESE ARE INFECTED LIVING PEOPLE! The infection killed most of the world's population, leaving a percent of it, as enraged, violent people. Apparently the 2% of the population (Us players) were left unscathed.

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1zbsks/psa_the_zombies_arent_dead_theyre_infected_living/

Sure they are alive... they are also rotting and havent eaten in weeks. But they are just misunderstood. Im marrying one.

• Like 1

Why are they rotting? A little flesh eating bacteria maybe? Not necrosis. They just need a dermatologist and a Zoloft. End game.

IS NO BRAINER :P

zed should be headshot for kill only ;)

with new ragdoll physics system make possible shoot legs so they crawling etc and shoot arms is reduce damage from zed using only mouth for biting :thumbsup:  :)

make like Hollywood zombie don't stop to come for player until head shot happen :o

Technically, this is a pretend video game.. so lets pretend that we don't care about zombie analogy and get back to the topic.

For the same reason we could argue against what you just said. How can you not care about zombie analogy when the game is clearly refereed to as zombie survival.

I can understand the ideology of some virus changing people into these aggressive mutants, so called "infected". But if they are not zombies let's not call them that.

I see people talking about the "I am legend" & "24 weeks later" infected. But how many of you knew that I am legend was about vampires?

Ok, maybe classic undead zombies that only need a headshot would be bad but you've also got to consider this: In the game currently you can shoot a zed in the chest and it will fall right over and die. Now even if they are infected and not undead this is wrong. The zeds are enraged, bloodthirsty and insane - they should not be able to feel pain.

Now, when a real person is shot what is it that actually knocks them down? Do they die before they hit they ground? NO, what stops a person who has been shot is shock and pain. Unless they have been hit in the brain, heart, or a major artery they can actually survive for hours although they will not be able to move because of the agony. Zeds don't feel this agony so they should be able to come at you even if their body is riddled with bullets, they would then randomly fall over a couple of hours later from blood loss and brain death.

The Haugue Convention in 1899 banned hollow point bullets for military forces. The British Empire was opposed to this because they found that hollow point bullets that expanded on entry into a body were the only way to fight certain tribesmen in Africa. These warriors would be frenzied, probably flying high on all kinds of drugs, and would take half a dozen solid rounds to take them down (I saw this on some random history documentary, can't remember what it was called). How are Day Z zombies be any different?

My vote is still for headshots only because I love zombies but I wouldn't mind a compromise as long as they changed the way the zombies take damage.

And additionally that in "I am legend" the virus is not because of a cancer-cure, but it's transmitted by mosquitoes?^^ And the main char kills vampires all day long while they sleep?^^ And that he is an alcholic because his neighbour is a vampirelord that has psychic powers and drives him nuts and always tries to cionvince him to leave the house?^^

And, the most important thing: That there is NO happy ending but a deeper morale?

24 weeks?---it's 28 DayZ later or 28 weekZ later.... ;)

And Zombies are NEVER called zombies in any older Zombiemovie (like the shaun of the dead reference: "...that Zombie!" "Don't call them that!")

And option 2 & 3 are the same. You can kill every Z instant with a headshot but most of them already survive more than one hit to the body (expect for the mighty fireaxe of doom © BI)

Edited by LaughingJack

Well they run fast and take a beating, in the mod headshots were what you went for unless you had an RPK or something similar. 

To be honest reminds me of Dawn of the Dead more than anything. 

It's also worth noting its not politically correct to call infected people zombies, it's considered a slur and should be avoided incase we offend any real people infected with a mutating virus.

No, no and for the last time, NO!

I'm tired of people wanting the classical zombies on DayZ. THESE ARE NOT THE UNDEAD, THESE ARE INFECTED LIVING PEOPLE! The infection killed most of the world's population, leaving a percent of it, as enraged, violent people. Apparently the 2% of the population (Us players) were left unscathed.

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1zbsks/psa_the_zombies_arent_dead_theyre_infected_living/

That unused intro says the infection started in 12 March of 2013. What the fuck? I thought the game was happening in 1994 or so...

I see people talking about the "I am legend" & "24 weeks later" infected. But how many of you knew that I am legend was about vampires?

That's because they are talking about the movie with Will Smith. We've got to separate what sources were talking our zombie stuff from. For example the World War Z book (fantastic book) had completely different zombie rules to the WWZ movie with Brad Pitt (awful movie). 

That's because they are talking about the movie with Will Smith. We've got to separate what sources were talking our zombie stuff from. For example the World War Z book (fantastic book) had completely different zombie rules to the WWZ movie with Brad Pitt (awful movie). 

Agree on that WWZ the movie was crap. The infected in the movie with Will Smith were vampires (this wasn't explained very clearly).

if slowly rotting walkign corpses are living

Sure they are alive... they are also rotting and havent eaten in weeks. But they are just misunderstood. Im marrying one.

micallef_antony_no_one_understands_me.jp

Agree on that WWZ the movie was crap. The infected in the movie with Will Smith were vampires (this wasn't explained very clearly).

Okay, this is news to me. Never knew that there was a book that the movie based off and that those were originally vampires.

Edited by AntonioAJC

And additionally that in "I am legend" the virus is not because of a cancer-cure, but it's transmitted by mosquitoes?^^ And the main char kills vampires all day long while they sleep?^^ And that he is an alcholic because his neighbour is a vampirelord that has psychic powers and drives him nuts and always tries to cionvince him to leave the house?^^

And, the most important thing: That there is NO happy ending but a deeper morale?

And there are 3 or 4 movies that are based on the book (and in everyone of them I know the main char is some kind of scientist and finds a cure...)

What, just because they burned in sunlight? I don't think you can really call them vampires but they aren't zombies either. They are a middle ground.

What, just because they burned in sunlight? I don't think you can really call them vampires but they aren't zombies either. They are a middle ground.

Yeah, kinda zombie, kinda vampire. They do have intelligence also, they invaded Will Smith's safehouse to rescue one of their females.

I think they should be killed by damage to the head (as the OP said) it fits with all other zombie related stuff (TV/Film/Games)

but then it'll make it harder for new spawns so that's why I think it should be damage to the head or include broken limbs such as legs so you can at least break their legs, with a bat or what ever, forcing them to crawl making it easier for new spawns to get away.

Yeah, kinda zombie, kinda vampire. They do have intelligence also, they invaded Will Smith's safehouse to rescue one of their females.

Nah. They invaded it because the religious fanatic woman didn't care to cover the tracks, so they found it. They let the dog die (in the book as well :( mean bastards) but this butterfly-tattoed "i can hear god speak now that's so quiet" idiot survives. Yeah...

Edited by LaughingJack