dat_moosey

I am stuck on the bottom of the ocean

I spawned in Berezino but i wanted to spawn in Elektro so I jumped off the pier and landed into the water, normally it would kill me but it only broke my legs. So I swam to the shore.. but there was an invisible wall blocking me from crawling onto the shore, I relogged to try to bypass it, now im in the bottom of the ocean and I keep dying after a minute but i cant respawn. Upon relogging, im still there.. on the ocean floor, and i die again only to have the same thing happen again. 

I would really appreciate a character wipe on my character or something >_< (this happened on experimental hive)

Proof

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/487818227907690167/C70C638FF55A78B6F21FE68100C26185D58C6BB0/

I guess that's what you get for trying to kill yourself and not sticking with the spawn you had.

• Like 1

I've personally actually had this happen to me. Try joining different servers, or joining hardcore and come back to regular (or vice versa of course). After dying log off and join a new server. Or something of the nature so it makes the hive think twice. gl 

I spawned in Berezino but i wanted to spawn in Elektro so I jumped off the pier and landed into the water, normally it would kill me but it only broke my legs. So I swam to the shore.. but there was an invisible wall blocking me from crawling onto the shore, I relogged to try to bypass it, now im in the bottom of the ocean and I keep dying after a minute but i cant respawn. Upon relogging, im still there.. on the ocean floor, and i die again only to have the same thing happen again. 

I would really appreciate a character wipe on my character or something >_< (this happened on experimental hive)

Proof

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/487818227907690167/C70C638FF55A78B6F21FE68100C26185D58C6BB0/

I hope you don't have to buy a new copy of the game.

Here's something that might cheer you up doe.

• Like 3

I spawned in Berezino but i wanted to spawn in Elektro [..] an invisible wall blocking me [..] I relogged to try to bypass it, [..] I keep dying after a minute but i cant respawn.

For some reason this is like music to my ears.

Try logging in and just let your character sit there underwater for....... a while. I believe eventually you will "actually" die and the game will realize it and let you respawn. Maybe alt-tab out and just let the game run.

This happened to me once when some douche broke my legs right when I spawned in at Kamyshovo. I said fuck it and crawled into the water to drown myself. After a bit it killed me but I wasn't *really* dead and like you, I couldn't respawn. So I just alt tabbed and eventually when I came back to check my char had really died and it allowed me to respawn.

And don't kill yourself for a better spawn  <_<

Edited by solodude23
  • Like 1

Try this.

Go into your documents and find the "Day Z" and "Day Z Other Profiles" delete the file that has your in-game name on it.

That should reset your character. You may have to reconfigure you keys and such, but at least you'll be back in the game.

Good luck

Just stay down there; I'm sure it's more enjoyable than the surface of Chernarus+.