Sign in to follow this  
Hayabusa (DayZ)

Need more hackers

Everyone on Chicago 16 (50 people) randomly flew into the air and died.......

Anyone else seeing some crazy shit like this?

Frankly I enjoy Dayz for the most part.

I love the concept.

But it is completely disheartening when the slow paced build up of surviving and killing so well, to only be killed by some mass killing hacker is just bullshit...

I'm done for awhile.

I can't figure out why people even do this. Buy a game, download a mod, download and potentially F-Up your computer (because these kids aren't real hackers, they download this stuff from the internet, which can contain a trojan), just to go to a server and kill a bunch of players that you will never see die, that you will never hear whine about it.

Nothing. No value from causing this kind of loss to a player. You get nothing from it. Not even the pleasure of listening to them scream in thier mics, or watching their character bleed to death. You don't even see the look on their face. Boring.

so basically dont play on sat-sun when BE is twindling their thumbs... got it

As always, the hacking/griefing situation is just going to keep escalating. Nothing anyone can really do about it either, since anti-cheat measures will always be a step behind. (Not to mention that Arma2 is ridiculously vulnerable to hacking.)

Especially with the mass global bans that occurred recently, some of the more butthurt script kiddies will be out to prove that they can't be beaten. Forum threads like this one only serve to prove them right.

Ok just uninstalled the game for now. Until this game is brought up to speed against the hackers I cannot justify playing it. I work my ass off living for 7-10 days at a time only to be killed by a ghoster or a hacker. I have only been legitly killed once by another player and it was a solid kill. No bullshit. I have really enjoyed playing the game and it will be amazing once its developed but for now thanks for all the good times.

My theory on all of this is people are starting to grief more, whether it be with these insta kill hacks, disconnecting/reconnecting, or by using wire traps and sandbags to block off loot points. These people who are doing these things want to make sure that everyone else is as miserable as they are when it comes to this game.

It also seems like this griefing has increased with the removal of global chat, and the tweaking of starting gear. Now these people have no emotional connection, or way of communicating with others on the server. They are dying more and more, whether it is from bandits, zombies, or glitches. They are frustrated, angry, upset, and taking it out on us, the people trying to play the game as it is intended.

They may even come to these forums and vent, only to get called a "stupid fucking noob," or told "ITS ALPHA DERP."

This is just my opinion/theory on why these issues are increasing across all servers, and we are seeing an increase in these things being reported here on the forums