Ineedscoffee

I want rifle maintance because.....

So like swimming in water with guns should be cleaned and everything before fired do to being damp? Crap like that?

So like swimming in water with guns should be cleaned and everything before fired do to being damp? Crap like that?

No, unless you were dragging it through the mud..

He means making sure you clean it after firing. Which depending on the rifle can be negligible. Insert-AK...

Yea, I'm down with it too. Then again they do have gun cleaning kits in game already. Just need to wait for them too work.

Ive got money that clown in the video shot a home made slug or even better which I doubt since it was a breach he, left the choke in....

Side note: It would be awesome to have a chance at a catastrophic failures or basic weapon failures based on many factors. Dirt in the barrel, Ripping a case neck, double feeds, etc...

Had a case neck rip once while using a Semi-Auto and the next round fed without a felt difference. Well, it feed deep enough into the chamber and when I pulled the trigger all hell broke lose. The back half of the case 1/4* was still sticking out before I pulled the trigger. Since the rear half of the cartridge wasn't seated in the barrel all the way the expanding gasses caused that back half of the case to blow up in the chamber. My 20rd Pmag blew up into peaces. Bullets and plastic everywhere! I walked away OK since I was using a sitting position with my legs spread so all the blast went down and between my legs. Only thing that was left of my Pmag was the floor plate and spring..

The rifle was still in Pristine Condition!!!! Couple thousand more rounds later and it still runs like a clock.....(Robinson XCR)

Having something like that go down in a fire fight in Elektro would be nutz..

Edited by RyBo
  • Like 1

No, unless you were dragging it through the mud..

He means making sure you clean it after firing. Which depending on the rifle can be negligible. Insert-AK...

Yea, I'm down with it too. Then again they do have gun cleaning kits in game already. Just need to wait for them to make them work,

Ive got money that clown in the video shot a home made slug...

I could DEFINITELY see it for older guns like blunder bust and crap like that. Some of the other models of gun types and crap like that too.

Double Post....

Edited by RyBo

hahaha, funny - not. Nother wasted thread.

Edited by Guest

Personally, I break down and clean my firearms after every outing.  That way I NEVER have to worry about some sort of failure that could have been avoided.  

I believe that players should be forced to clean their weapons on a regular basis or be forced to deal with misfires and items becoming ruined.

• Like 3

hahaha, funny - not. Nother wasted thread.

Community's not on your side here chief.

It seems the error lays in the basic construction of the gun - major pressure points are not properly stabilized and the gun falls apart in its major components.

I would welcome the seperation of a gun in their major parts like barrel - munition chamber etc to make it more challenging to archieve a functioning weapon.

in reality it would take a whole lot more of objects roaming the map / redesigning every weapon to its core - except the unibody models (like B95 and whatever will be added).

So no. It´s unlikely to happen - except they get a new makeup on the ammo system (one is able to load ruined/ badly damaged ammo with the possibility to fail on ignition and most certainly damage yourself)

I love this idea as well! being from the U.K I can't claim to have any experience with guns, so maintaining a weapon is something I am not familiar with, but like all complicated equipment, maintenance is required! You wouldn't run your car into the ground now would you?

Ignore those ho say that this shouldn't be in the game, they obviously have no experience, or even knowledge of firearms. You will probably find all those who ague against this are the KoS kiddies (Not aimed at all you who KoS but you know the type I mean), who suddenly won't know how to play the game with the risk their precious weapons could blow up resulting in them being killed.

Community's not on your side here chief.

Unlike you i don't care who's on my side or not. Depart from that's not the place to discuss this, hit me up private if u feel so.

Weapon cleaningkits 'r ingame and gonna have a effect sooner or later - this thread is just some offtopic, maybe, maybe suggestion shit.

Edited by Guest

Lol thats too funny.

Could you imagine going to rob sombody and POW right in your own face

Imagine being held up. They've robbed you, fed you rotten fruit, and are about to execute you, when boom! It explodes in their face. Now you can loot them and chuckle to death :p

How is a general cata gory topic, off topic......

He's just mad jealous because he was about to make the topic and you beat him to it, all the while punching his mom and ruining his credit score. This is the ONLY way I could comprehend someone getting so mad over your thread.

• Like 1

Cant stop staring at dat ass at the end :P

Grim saggy bum!

You can find that anywhere in America.

This would be awesome in the game!
I agree!

Clean your guns.  for the M4 etc you'd have to dismantle it and clean the parts individually.  on top of the cleaning kit you might have to use a ripped up rag etc to clean the barrel of the gun.

Rags wouldn't be about just bandages anymore.

The weapon cleaning kit would require you to put a rag in it before dragging to the gun piece to clean.

This could be cool. It might also allow you to field strip a hostage's M4, eject all the bullets from the mags and leave them there in a pile and take your leave. On that note I hope they add realistic time constraints for stripping/reassembly, and filling mags. While they're at it, I probably shouldn't be able to eject/load bullets into a gun that isn't in my hands.

I ran one of my mosin's over with a truck, tied it to an old tire and fired it remotely, never even stressed the bolt. Maybe for the M4 rifle maintenance should be required, but neglecting a Mosin or SKS will only result in the occasional Failure to Feed/Failure to Fire problem, which certainly will not compromise the overall safety of the firearm.

Another CSB, I filled that same mosin with a 1" mud plug in the end of the barrel, again, fired it remotely and it blew the mud out the end. Same with my SVT, same with my SKS. These WWII era Soviet firearms are made to be handled by illiterate peasants with minimal training. Daily maintenance on them in NOT required.

Hell, my moose hunting M44 hasn't been cleaned in 2 years, sure it's got some fouling in the barrel, but no rust and it still shoots accurately enough to bring down a game animal.

In short, Soviet era guns do not need to be coddled. If you want a cleaning mechanic to be implemented, it should be restricted to the M4 and FNX45 only.

Depends if they are gas operated or not. A bolt action rifle only really needs a wipe down with an oily rag and a pull through.

Depends if they are gas operated or not. A bolt action rifle only really needs a wipe down with an oily rag and a pull through.

Every now and then it doesn't hurt to take the bolt assembly apart to clean out the carbon.

I don't have to do it often, but I'm slighty OCD with my Sig Sauer 3000. Then again, constant cleaning and disassembly of a gun isn't always good for the gun.

Edited by Demoth