JHPREJEAN

Identifying Players

Without player names.. how do we know who is who? Everyone looks the same!

you have to ask them, just like in real life, although they might  kill you first

if ya ask non aggressivly we might tell ya

With the addition of more clothing items it will eventually become easier as its less likely people will dress exactly the same anymore.

Far as I can tell, shoot first ask questions later.

in RL when you are in forest and you meet someone do you know his name ?

• Like 2

not knowing is 1/2 the fun!

Have you ever had your friend in forest combat shootout behind the same tree as the enemy sniper was, yelling at you dont shoot at me and from the right side of the tree sniper leaning and shooting at you?? :-D

I agree, its more like 3/4 of fun.

(and friend thought it was the next friend which was far away and probably the guy thought that our guy was his friends behind next tree) pretty complicated huh? 7 people with the same military outfit mixed in chaotic woods behind elektro :D

I've got a good post about a way to help id teammates on the suggestions forums, here is a link if you want to take a look.

in RL when you are in forest and you meet someone do you know his name ?

Yeah his name is John Doe, he lives in the black body bag near that stump were i left him. Also he had beanz,

• Like 2

It has all ready been stated, that there will be no name plates, or any other way of identify players, which is total bull-shit! If players can't get revenge on bandits, a huge part of the game will be missing. SUCKS! So much fun hunting KOSing jerks. This game is catered to bandits. Please don't fall into the trap of being a KOSer, because that's where the game is headed. Be a smart survivor, not a shaky trigger fingered Bambie. 

Edited by zor_prime1

It has all ready been stated, that there will be no name plates, or any other way of identify players, which is total bull-shit! If players can't get revenge on bandits, a huge part of the game will be missing. SUCKS! So much fun hunting KOSing jerks. This game is catered to bandits. Please don't fall into the trap of being a KOSer, because that's where the game is headed. Be a smart survivor, not a shaky trigger fingered Bambie. 

settle down guy, this aint an FPS and it dont need no stinking name plates, so you got shot big deal, i got killed 3 times in two hours yesterday you don't hear me complaining about exacting revenge on those who shot me, go to low pop servers and stay there and you will be fine

If you don't witness a KoS how do you know it happened??

Unless you are in a convention, and a person is wearing a "Hello my name is" sticker, you don't have a damn clue who someone is, until you open a dialogue and talk to them...  and that's how it should be.  It certainly does not "SUCK".  Anything that can add some realism and some mystery and some unknown factors only brings more intrigue to the game IMO :)

settle down guy, this aint an FPS and it dont need no stinking name plates, so you got shot big deal, i got killed 3 times in two hours yesterday you don't hear me complaining about exacting revenge on those who shot me, go to low pop servers and stay there and you will be fine

Woe guy dude, like OMG, chill!  (Lame) You're complaining about me complaining, what's worse? And I wasn't complaining about getting shot, that's half the fun of the game. What I am complaining about is the fact that going after the people who killed you isn't possible, and that's the other half of the fun. So read thoroughly before rage post.... Next! 

If you don't witness a KoS how do you know it happened??

Unless you are in a convention, and a person is wearing a "Hello my name is" sticker, you don't have a damn clue who someone is, until you open a dialogue and talk to them...  and that's how it should be.  It certainly does not "SUCK".  Anything that can add some realism and some mystery and some unknown factors only brings more intrigue to the game IMO :)

Sure, that's fine, but being able to constantly change your name doesn't help. I can't begin to tell you how much fun I had in the past searching for those who killed me. Stalking them, killing them, and rejoicing. Not possible any more. And to me, yeah, that does suck! 

"You got killed by ......" at the end instead of just "you are dead" could solve this issue

Another good reason for knowing who killed who: How are we ever going to know who the best and most feared bandits are? The ones we must stay away from. The ones he write about on the forums. Or the best and most liked heroes? If there is no way of identifying players, there is no way of knowing. And a huge part of the game is missing. 

• Like 1

I agree. Maybe just have the name pop up if have them in your crosshairs. Maybe within a certain distance.

Woe guy dude, like OMG, chill!  (Lame) You're complaining about me complaining, what's worse? And I wasn't complaining about getting shot, that's half the fun of the game. What I am complaining about is the fact that going after the people who killed you isn't possible, and that's the other half of the fun. So read thoroughly before rage post.... Next! 

first off you're raging about bandits and saying the game sucks, so yeah settle down aint nobody cares about god dam name plates learn to live with less knowledge, why don't you re-read your own post douche, don't try and backpedal and tell me you wasn't raging

well me and my friend were seperated by a few hundred meters, both has mosins and i had a yellow raincoat on, he was laying down on a hill and i was moving into the city, then a guy appears to the right of him with a sks and my friend could have easily killed him but he thought it was me and the guy with the sks opened fire on him

I'm sure plenty of people use the tactic of wearing an identical piece of clothing to quickly identify your mates from strangers. Unless ofcourse you meet someone who is wearing that same piece of clothing then it gets a bit dodgy. Also ideally you want people in your group to tell you if they are changing their appearance as it saves you freaking out and asking who is this guy with a rifle right next to you.

I'm sure plenty of people use the tactic of wearing an identical piece of clothing to quickly identify your mates from strangers. Unless ofcourse you meet someone who is wearing that same piece of clothing then it gets a bit dodgy. Also ideally you want people in your group to tell you if they are changing their appearance as it saves you freaking out and asking who is this guy with a rifle right next to you.

I axed my team-mate when he walked up behind me. Not even for the lulz either, like he scared me, and had changed hats. 

Greatest memory thusfar in any game. 

• Like 1

I axed my team-mate when he walked up behind me. Not even for the lulz either, like he scared me, and had changed hats. 

Greatest memory thusfar in any game. 

I was wearing nothing but me kecks and a ballistic helmet on the ship, my mate shot me!  How many black men wearing nothing but underpants and a helmet is there gonna be in the same fucking area...

• Like 1

Far as I can tell, shoot first ask questions later.

exactly what my brother said after spending 45mins searching to meet up then shot me before saying "FFS Jay, why didnt you say it was you!" haha