dayztester91

DayZ feels American

Oh, wait, I misinterpreted you.

If you mean it in that way, then what is your point?

Do you think the USA is the only country that people ask for aid?

Even we Swedes, who have a cardboard box with wheels for an armored force, and a part-time airforce, have given military aid. I think we were especially involved as a peace-keeping force in Afghanistan, for example.

I think the thing we were discussing from the beginning was if you actually meant what you were saying earlier. I thinkw e are discussing something else now...

Anyways, good night. I cna keep discussing this tomorrow, but I have a feeling this thread might be gone when I come back, at least if the discussion keeps going in this direction. (nothing bad meant, but these kinds of discussions usually derail after a while)

Even STALKER, another pseudo-post apocalyptic shooter in a slavic setting has a massive chunk of its arsenal not only western but American in origin. Colt 1911, Browning HP, Mossberg shotgun.... and even the LR-300, a member of the AR-15 family that people on this forum bash repeatedly*gasp*

http://stalker.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_weapons

No, Chernarus does NOT feel like America. We only have a few guns available now, with the M4a1 (a gun used in various central and eastern european countries) being chosen due to its complexity in interchangeable parts).

Oh, wait, I misinterpreted you.

If you mean it in that way, then what is your point?

Do you think the USA is the only country that people ask for aid?

Even we Swedes, who have a cardboard box with wheels for an armored force, and a part-time airforce, have given military aid. I think we were especially involved as a peace-keeping force in Afghanistan, for example.

I think the thing we were discussing from the beginning was if you actually meant what you were saying earlier. I thinkw e are discussing something else now...

Anyways, good night. I cna keep discussing this tomorrow, but I have a feeling this thread might be gone when I come back, at least if the discussion keeps going in this direction. (nothing bad meant, but these kinds of discussions usually derail after a while)

I made a comment about rebuilding after WW2 originally, the other guy was pointing out that in most cases we are invited in to keep the peace for other nations, Like Korea and Kuwait. I was just backing up his comment with my last.

Even STALKER, another pseudo-post apocalyptic shooter in a slavic setting has a massive chunk of its arsenal not only western but American in origin. Colt 1911, Browning HP, Mossberg shotgun.... and even the LR-300, a member of the AR-15 family that people on this forum bash repeatedly*gasp*

http://stalker.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_weapons

No, Chernarus does NOT feel like America. We only have a few guns available now, with the M4a1 (a gun used in various central and eastern european countries) being chosen due to its complexity in interchangeable parts).

The Browning HP while invented by John Mosses Browning, was designed and built in Belgium, I would expect to find it in a slav state, its a wonderful classy firearm that has world wide popularity.

Wrong context, I was clearly referencing post war (as in WW2), as Americana is predominantly attributed to that time frame.

Well apart from electricity never being "invented", electro-magnetism is generally attributed to Maxwell (a Scot) and the Internet was created by Berners-Lee (an Englishman) I'm sure you're entirely correct.

But I've got a feeling you were joking as those are just too obvious not to be bait.

Sorry.  But the true inventer of first basic internet was in America.  Robert Khan and Vint Cerf in 1950s America.  tcp protocol.

Sorry.  But the true inventer of first basic internet was in America.  Robert Khan and Vint Cerf in 1950s America.  tcp protocol.

Totally agree in regards to TCP/IP and a distributed network. It's funny as I come from a time before WWW when the word Internet meant something different to how it's used today. Normally when people say the Internet it's referring to WWW, just one of those etymological vagaries of our time.

Totally agree in regards to TCP/IP and a distributed network. It's funny as I come from a time before WWW when the word Internet meant something different to how it's used today. Normally when people say the Internet it's referring to WWW, just one of those etymological vagaries of our time.

Cool buddy.

As a Panamanian that lives in the continent of America, I have to say, that I hate the US for using the term "American" referring only to them.

On-topic. The "American" content in the game is just a little if we think long term when Bohemia adds more items that fit the Post-Soviet State of Chernarus.

Edited by AntonioAJC

What I hate about America is those stupid wooden shoes they have. And those beefeaters, just because your able to eat a cow doesn't mean you should put it on mtv

No, but we are doing them a favor by coming to their aid when they cry for our help. Our country helps the people of other countries more than our own people. You may see us as sticking our nose into everyone else's business but those other countries are asking us to be there. We actually have the most diverse population of people out of all countries in the world as well. People outside of America should really do some research instead of blindly believing everything their local news outlets have to say.

Holy shit this is the funniest thing I've read for ages. Are you able to compress your views so I can out it on a tshirt?

What I hate about America is those stupid wooden shoes they have. And those beefeaters, just because your able to eat a cow you're able to get pregnant at the age of sixteen doesn't mean you should put it on mtv

• Like 3

Holy shit this is the funniest thing I've read for ages. Are you able to compress your views so I can out it on a tshirt?

Actually, I already sell t-shirts with my sayings on them.  I will PM you a link.  Until then, enjoy this song.

If America is such a great war fighting nation. Why the fuck did you demand that Canada had to assist you in Afghanistan.

I know our military is totes awesome and we have an alliance, but if you're totes awesome as you say you are, why did you need/want our help? 

If America is such a great war fighting nation. Why the fuck did you demand that Canada had to assist you in Afghanistan.

I know our military is totes awesome and we have an alliance, but if you're totes awesome as you say you are, why did you need/want our help? 

It was a favor you owed us for sending us that piece of shit Justin Beiber.

• Like 2

Bieber wasn't even famous yet, so...

also, not our fault. Blame Usher (An American)

If we had our way he would still be sitting at home being a whiny brat here in Canada, and not a famous whiny brat making awful music.

Edited by Daemonkid

Bieber wasn't even famous yet, so...

Still a Canadian citizen though and giving America a bad rep.

Like I said, blame Usher dawg. Americans made him famous. 

Like I said, blame Usher dawg. Americans made him famous. 

LOL!

JSOC were sent in to fight and contain the Zombies and they fail thus american weapons scatter around. Then Chuck Norris make his special appearance with gun blazing but later on his down too, thus explain the cowboy hat. His cowboy boots still yet to be found.

Anyway, what you say is true. Hopefully when the full game is out, more local cloths, weapons and equipments to choose from.

Americans re-built Germany in their own image so they could holla holla more dolla $$$$$$$$$.

Let's not hate on the US though, Britain and France were a lot worse.

The wests idea of 're-building' nations is completely destroying whatever culture they had and forcing western values on them LOL.

No wonder the entire middle east hates us after the meddling we've been doing for the last couple of hundred years.

P.s. You can blame Britain for the whole Palestinian/Israeli conflict as well.

DON YOUR TIN FOIL HATS AND JOIN THE REVOLUTION BROTHERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

America only wants what it needs and will wage a fake war to get it.  Oh look, lots of oil in the middle east, better ploy an attack on America and blame terrorism

^True, but we can't blame every American for the actions of a few. Although it does sadden me when I see people with a misguided patriotic attitude.

''Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel''

^True, but we can't blame every American for the actions of a few. Although it does sadden me when I see people with a misguided patriotic attitude.

''Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel''

Majority of the patriotic Americans were born into a military family so they are already brainwashed into the ideal of what they do is right,

• Like 1