Sign in to follow this  
strangelyquiet

Zombies respawning on experimental?

They seem to be. Was I imagining it or is this happening now? I've just used up three lives fighting off hordes I collected up by running through Berezino.

They been respawning since v. 37 went live last week.  It's a very basic respawn system which isn't perfect, but zeds do respawn.  

Edited by iBane

ok

It's almost as if the patch notes flat out told us this was happening.......

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....

Interesting & astute observation though. 

Edited by Mdogg2005
  • Like 2

Thanks iBane - I was curious, hadn't noticed it, and you answered the question.

Thanks Mdogg - I hadn't read the patch notes (hence the question) but you managed to light up my day with such a witty and clever reply. I would give you my beans but I'm so stupid I wouldn't understand how to do that without smashing them into your face.

• Like 18

I would give you my beans but I'm so stupid I wouldn't understand how to do that without smashing them into your face.

This is post of the month.  Sorry Mdogg but this one is priceless

• Like 3

This is post of the month.  Sorry Mdogg but this one is priceless

Hey no need to be sorry.  I beans'd the hell out of it.  Was a great reply! 

Though @OP next time just read patch notes when they come out so you don't need to make a thread about the new features you discover that have been announced.  Plus they're very cool to read the upcoming changes and get all excited before you get to see them.

It also helps so that once an experimental build goes live and you notice something in the notes not working you can correctly report it.

Edited by Mdogg2005
  • Like 1

Honestly, if you don't know it's happening it's pretty hard to notice, which is good.  This means the logic for respawning is pretty good.  However, occasionally a zed will spawn right in front of you or right behind you.  From what I can tell re-spawns typically happen on the outskirts of a location and the zeds are typically facing away from the town where they would have been killed.  

Hey no need to be sorry.  I beans'd the hell out of it.  Was a great reply!  Though @OP next time, seriously, read patch notes when they come out so you don't need to make a thread about the new features you discover that have been announced.

I've beans'd you back because I like cuddles and fluffy kisses xx

PS - fair point about the notes, thanks. To be fair I'm a relative newbie to games and forums in general so am learning by trial and error here.

Edited by strangelyquiet
  • Like 2

Has anyone else noticed that they seem to spawn off of gunshots? ..

Like I cleared the area with my axe. Then shot a zed from far away up on a hill.. 3 seconds later i have 3 zeds running at me within close prox.. I was in the woods basically, with no zeds around prior to my single gunshot.

Like I cleared the area with my axe. Then shot a zed from far away up on a hill.. 3 seconds later i have 3 zeds running at me within close prox.. I was in the woods basically, with no zeds around prior to my single gunshot.

Oooh, this is good.  Noise is finally attracting attention.  Hopefully when a player is bleeding or has fresh wounds the infected can smell them and start chasing.  Must make surviving dangerous!!!!

Not sure, but I've had weird stuff happen like entering a town I shoot a couple of zeds and nothing happens.  Then I ax one and 5 zeds swarm me from all over.  Probably more has to do with the zombie aggro & AI coding than anything.  Seems like zombie alert is more strange since the latest patch, but I don't know if it's the respawn system or changes to something else.  

• Like 2

Has anyone else noticed that they seem to spawn off of gunshots?

If that's the case, I can't wait to see videos of PvP groups involving gunfights. Should be very entertaining.

Not sure, but I've had weird stuff happen like entering a town I shoot a couple of zeds and nothing happens.  Then I ax one and 5 zeds swarm me from all over.  Probably more has to do with the zombie aggro & AI coding than anything.  Seems like zombie alert is more strange since the latest patch, but I don't know if it's the respawn system or changes to something else.  

Was this on stable or experimental because I do know that on the stable I can axe 1 zombie all by it's little lonesome and have an entire city after me

Can't vouch for in the woods, but in Zelen last night I had to shoot an move to avoid drawing too many zombies. Was quite fun running down the street from house to house popping shots and having to remain mobile.

Was this on stable or experimental because I do know that on the stable I can axe 1 zombie all by it's little lonesome and have an entire city after me

Experimental.  

I've beans'd you back because I like cuddles and fluffy kisses xx

PS - fair point about the notes, thanks. To be fair I'm a relative newbie to games and forums in general so am learning by trial and error here.

No problem.  I edited the post to give you a bit more info about what I meant.  So douchery / trolling of my first post aside, welcome to the forums!

On exp me and a friend, had to log in stages just outside of towns, zombies kept spawning in proximity to us, I saw 3 separate zeds spawn near me and immediately attack, - this happened multiple times, whenever we would stop to log, map check, eat

They're not spawning from them, but they're attracted to them. 

There are Zed's lumbering around you often won't notice, and if you fire a gunshot... even if they're 100s of meters away they will come running to your location.

What a stupid fucking idea.  To put in respawing zombies that can still ghost through fucking walls.  So now, a zombie can ghost us from a room or area that we just fucking cleared.

I thought this game wanted realism?

At least have servers start with dead zombies and over time, they can rise from dead so the spawning is more real.

What a stupid fucking idea.  To put in respawing zombies that can still ghost through fucking walls.  So now, a zombie can ghost us from a room or area that we just fucking cleared.

I thought this game wanted realism?

At least have servers start with dead zombies and over time, they can rise from dead so the spawning is more real.

...sos' mmkay.

zombie pathing is being worked on, and "zombies" in game are infected people, not the undead. not a wip or anything, so...not+suck.jpg

Killing zeds is so easy though...

Have you been recently put down on an exp. server and start fresh as a Bambi's bottom?  I'm thinking not...

Killing zeds is so easy though...