Sign in to follow this  
KarmaCoin

Make Sub-machine gun the Next Weapon

I think a sub-machine gun should be the next weapon because it would add more new functionality than a weapon of the existing types (shotgun, rifle, assault rifle, pistol)

For instance the sub-machine gun could be a full auto weapon that is small enough to carry in a backpack thus making an excellent secondary weapon to compliment the rifles in the game. It would also be a great weapon to pick up for a friend as it is a bit more capable than a pistol or sawed-off shotgun.

I don't think it should be as long as you can instantly pull out a gun out your backpack. That would effectively give you 2 full auto weapons, the M4 and the SMG at the same time.

They arne't going to stop development of almost complete weapons like the Ruger MKII and 10/22 and the AK-74M, and many other weapons we haven't seen, to put this in. We'll probably see one in the future, but it won't be the VERY NEXT weapon.

But no to the backpack, unless its one of the smaller, less-effective ones like the Vs.61 or APS. A full-plenty MP5 in your pack is OP.

Edited by thedogfoodyayho

I don't think it should be as long as you can instantly pull out a gun out your backpack. That would effectively give you 2 full auto weapons, the M4 and the SMG at the same time.

Not sure why you would want to carry two full auto weapons. I'd rather carry one and something with some range like a mosin.

Plus you can already carry two m4s. Equip one and put the other in your hands. No reason to do so though because they provided the exact same functionality.

They arne't going to stop development of almost complete weapons like the Ruger MKII and 10/22 and the AK-74M, and many other weapons we haven't seen, to put this in. We'll probably see one in the future, but it won't be the VERY NEXT weapon.

But no to the backpack, unless its one of the smaller, less-effective ones like the Vs.61 or APS. A full-plenty MP5 in your pack is OP.

I don't think they should stop any current development. I want this to be the thing they work on after they finish what they are currently working on. As for the backpack part, clearly it would have to be less effective than an assault rifle. Less accurate, less powerful, shorter ranged.

I also don't see how an MP5 in your pack is crazy OP either. You're likely already carrying a more impressive primary weapon. If anything it just means you have less space for other essential items like medical supplies, ammo, food and water. I currently use a mosin and pistol but would swap the pistol for a 2x5 slot sub machine gun for a little extra room to room capability. It's really not that different than equipping a mosin and carrying an m4 in your hands which you can currently do.

I think you may be missing the point, I might be too, but from my interpretation of everything that Dean and the dev team have said this game is going to end up heavily on the survival side of things, sure one it's done and mod's can be made people will make the gun filled pvp fest they desire, but that is going to be a while, currently I'm waiting for the physic's engine for my throwing axe's, spears and bows to make it into the game.

• Like 1

I think you may be missing the point, I might be too, but from my interpretation of everything that Dean and the dev team have said this game is going to end up heavily on the survival side of things, sure one it's done and mod's can be made people will make the gun filled pvp fest they desire, but that is going to be a while, currently I'm waiting for the physic's engine for my throwing axe's, spears and bows to make it into the game.

I'm also looking forward to bows and more survival elements. But at the end of the day the PvP aspects are what make this game special. Think of it this way. Even if you are not running around looking for a fight, if they turned off friendly fire this game would be pretty uninteresting. Intentional or not this game creates fantastic and intense player encounters. And in my opinion it is these player encounters which are the magic of this game. The devs may not have intended this but I would like to see them expand on it, hence the suggestion.

I should add that I think the survival elements also contribute heavily to why the player encounters are so intense and they should absolutely expand on them as well.

maybe you shouldn't be able to access it from your backpack, only carry it.

why does everyone want full auto weapons, its not like you can spray full auto and hit every shot to the head.