leefriendfield

Should Physical Player Improvements For Surviving Long Periods Of Time Be Implamented?

What Survival Improvements would you want?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. What Survival Improvements would you want?

• Large Increases Running Faster, Better Aiming etc...
    • Suttle Improvments Hold Breath Longer, Switch Weapons and Equipment faster etc...
    • Customizable Improvments Beards, Hair, Scars etc... (Thanks GrappleX)
    • No Physical Or Psychological Improvments What So Ever!

I belive there should be suttle improvements to your character but nothing that makes your physical better than the other like extra runing etc...

Edited by LeeFriendField

You should add an option for cosmetic changes like beards/scars, but no skills.

You should add an option for cosmetic changes like beards/scars, but no skills.

Exactly Why no skills?

Edited by Highlander007

As a player who has survived 10 weeks on my current character, it would be nice if I got some perks for being alive so long. At the moment, there is no incentive to survive past the first day. I would like it if there was some external incentive to keep my character alive besides my type O- blood type.

That being said, any perks for survival should be very subtle and not affect general gameplay heavily. This would be things like being able to repair items better, quickly/proficiently repair vehicles when they are implemented, or learn things from books you find in the world and gain skills from them.

• Like 1

Exactly Why no skills?

Just to add variety. Some don't want their characters to have in game skills, but wan't things like beards.

Essentially, if you want to get better at something, it should be on you, not the game.

• Like 3

Miasmata did it fairly well I think, you started out plagued and pretty fucking ustless. But as you progressed you got better and better. 

Not superhuman, you just started out pretty useless.

Just to add variety. Some don't want their characters to have in game skills, but wan't things like beards.

Essentially, if you want to get better at something, it should be on you, not the game.

That would be a nive addition to the game

IMO if there were any added skills it should be passive things like resistance to disease (adapting to bad food/water) and infection (immune system strengthening). Possibly getting more nutrition out of foods too.

I'd love to be even more unique while playing the game. Beards, scars, and everything else would be awesome!

Can't get better/faster at reloading. I'd like to, like in real life. Can't get better at tracking players and/or animals, I'd like to like in real life. Can't get better at repairing ruined clothes, I'd like to, like in real life. Can't get better at holding my breath a little longer, I'd like to, like in real life. Can't get better immunity to disease, I'd like to. Can't get more stamina after months of running for hours, I'd like to, like in real life. Can't get better at building a house, Id like to, like in real life. Can't get better at skinning a rabbit, I'd like to, like in real life. Can't get better at cooking rabbit stew, I'd like to, like in real life. Can't get better at cleaning weapons, I'd like to, like in real life. Can't get better at repairing an engine, I'd like to, like in RL and so on and fucking on.

Edited by Highlander007
  • Like 1

I say subtle skills. Such as improving at reload speed, cooking, repairing, etc.

The cosmetic features such as beards and scars don't really add any value to my character and aren't something I really care all that much for.

Can't get better/faster at reloading. I'd like to, like in real life. Can't get better at tracking players and/or animals, I'd like to like in real life. Can't get better at repairing ruined clothes, I'd like to, like in real life. Can't get better at holding my breath a little longer, I'd like to, like in real life. Can't get better immunity to disease, I'd like to. Can't get more stamina after months of running for hours, I'd like to, like in real life. Can't get better at building a house, Id like to, like in real life. Can't get better at skinning a rabbit, I'd like to, like in real life. Can't get better at cooking rabbit stew, I'd like to, like in real life. Can't get better at cleaning weapons, I'd like to, like in real life. Can't get better at repairing an engine, I'd like to, like in RL and so on and fucking on.

LoL with all that stuff to achieve IRL why bother with the game?

Seriously though, any skills relating to combat should always be down to actual player skill - otherwise there will be too many ways to exploit/grind them up.

Other improvements to the more passive abilities, like sewing and cooking I think should be possible. Who knows, you may be able to become a seamstress and turn worn clothing into pristine items, if that is what you wish.

LoL with all that stuff to achieve IRL why bother with the game?

Seriously though, any skills relating to combat should always be down to actual player skill - otherwise there will be too many ways to exploit/grind them up.

Other improvements to the more passive abilities, like sewing and cooking I think should be possible. Who knows, you may be able to become a seamstress and turn worn clothing into pristine items, if that is what you wish.

The more people spend time grinding these skills, the more sitting targets for me to shoot and steal their resources. There's deficit of players playing the game as it is and things are only going to get worse the more time passes.

Exploits are not my fucking problem, are they, nor yours fanboy. They reflect the capability of game's developers to find effective solution, nothing more.

My wish is to marry a big boobed woman in game which would automatically give her sewing skill of over 95. Just get it done

Edited by Highlander007

Geez, rage much? and 'fanboy', where'd that come from??

The effective solution is to not add skills - there, fixed the exploiting. No need to bother the developers with your desires, though if you are desperate enough there are some corpses you can defile!

• Like 1

Non-combat improvements. Extended running/sprinting endurance. Better carry weight capacity. Able to repair ruined clothing...

Something to get attached to my character beyond gear and stored food energy.

• Like 1

Geez, rage much? and 'fanboy', where'd that come from??

The effective solution is to not add skills - there, fixed the exploiting. No need to bother the developers with your desires, though if you are desperate enough there are some corpses you can defile!

You're concerned about players bothering devs with suggestions and then you act surprised that I'm calling you out for it, that I'm calling you a fanboy. All in the same post.

7 out of 10 for a solid trolling effort

Edited by Highlander007

You're concerned about players bothering devs with suggestions and then you act surprised that I'm calling you out for it, that I'm calling you a fanboy. All in the same post.

7 out of 10 for a solid trolling effort

Apparently, urbanDictionary defines fanboy as "A passionate fan of various elements of geek culture (e.g. sci-fi, comics, Star Wars, video games, anime, hobbits etc.), but who lets his passion override social graces."

May I just say that the bit about lack of social graces would suggest that you yourself are the fanboy.

My concern is simply that there are so many things IRL you claim you could achieve but are maybe missing out on by playing this game. But if that is what you wish then you should contact the devs, and don't let anyone try to stop you - which I wasn't actually doing and I apologise if you feel I was trying to stifle your creative input into the development of this game.

Edited by dejeffers