Sign in to follow this  
s227mario

Recommend Settings For DayZ

My specs are below, what is the best settings to get good quality and a decent framerate.

CPU: AMD FX - 4100 Quad Core Processor

Ram: 8

Video Card: Geforce GTX 660 OC (I forgot to mention its overclocked)  

Edited by s227mario

My specs are below, what is the best settings to get good quality and a decent framerate.

Video Card: Geforce GTX 660

High Everything, maybe HDR Quality Very Low. 

There's a pinned topic in this board with good suggestions. Worked for me.

Edited by brazorf
  • Like 3

Video Card: Geforce GTX 660

How many FPS do you want in a city?

Thats not overkill, this is overkill...

Intel Quad Core i5-3570 3.4ghz (not overclocked)

16.3gb RAM

Dual Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 TI

I have the same setup as you except my processor is i5 4670K and the graphics card is OC'd.

But yeah, I have everything at normal and the post processing shit, anti aliasing etc. off, and I get decent fps everywhere.

Even though it drops very much at cities I am still able to play. But don't ever think about playing every setting high and with anti-aliasing, you are going to lag HARD.

Just put post processing on Low and then it softens the image slightly wihout AA and without much frame hit.

If you need v sync put it on in your gpu , not in the day z software.

I have the same setup as you except my processor is i5 4670K and the graphics card is OC'd.

But yeah, I have everything at normal and the post processing shit, anti aliasing etc. off, and I get decent fps everywhere.

Even though it drops very much at cities I am still able to play. But don't ever think about playing every setting high and with anti-aliasing, you are going to lag HARD.

Alright, thanks

It will be hard as we all have different rigs, so there is no "magic" setting to suddenly pull 100 fps for everyone.

I would suggest using msi afterburner or Fraps to monitor your fps in-game. Have a play with settings until you "find" your sweet spot. I will also note - do not just try in one area, try a lot of different areas etc Wilderness, Coast, Cities etc What works in one area might not apply to another.

As others have noted, the big cities seems the most demanding so maybe start there. Don't just stand still either after making a setting change, the full effect can be hard to monitor. Look around, run around and keep an eye on your fps.