GriefSlicer (DayZ)

Do you believe people who shoot on sight are terrible at DayZ?

"Why does it seem that most of the DayZ community is so "anti-bandit" that they can't accept bandits as a necessary aspect in the game?"

It may seem that way, but it isn't true.  Half the community are some form of bandit and most of the half that isn't sees bandits as necessary and an important part of the DayZ experience.  (A necessary threat in the game, a target to pursue on their quest to be a hero, and so on.)

There is a small and very vocal minority that spams forum hatred for any kind of banditry or bandit-like activity.  This is of course fine to a point...they have a right to their opinion...but it does get a little out of hand.  

However, it isn't the case that these folks represent "most" of the community with their views.  

Edited by iBane

I gotta say, it's not always being careless getting KoS. Some people will camp on a roof for hours. Probably reading Harry Potter or trying to get their first erection, until a player comes on screen then they snipe them. There's not enough camo or cover to protect from someone who has the patience (read: no life) to camp that long. And I'm not talking airfields.

if guy camp roof for hours just to shoot you he is taking big risk

and after he make attack kill or no kill he need to move because at least one guy is knowing now general area he hiding in maybe exact position :o

I think this kind of KoS is not very good way for play and also is too much rare ;)

for me 75% of murder I doing is because other guy playing careless or lazy running in open etc :huh:

honest I losing count how many guys I seeing run across field or follow the road is crazy

also is amaze for me how many are running house to house doing loot run no looking around etc :huh:

I only know what I having experience of and most guys I killing making too much easy for me :|

True stuff KoS, my crazy Russian friend. But honestly I'm too damn lazy to sneak around. I prefer to run through fields and skirt roads. If I wanted to spend hours sneaking like Gollum I would play Splinter Cell. I just want to get from place to place quickly and efficiently. Which is not to say I don't deserve to get sniped for that... But so what? There's no penalty for dying except it takes a few minutes to get a new axe and damaged orange hard hat.

Edit: I don't know that you're a Russian.

Edited by Crooked Hauser

bandit = robbed you before you got shot / let you go

kos'er / player killer = killed you instantly and never cared about your gear

the players that blend the two aren't bandits either

the unarmed knockout looters are the best, i have killed many since the helmet prevents knockouts

True stuff KoS, my crazy Russian friend. But honestly I'm too damn lazy to sneak around. I prefer to run through fields and skirt roads. If I wanted to spend hours sneaking like Gollum I would play Splinter Cell. I just want to get from place to place quickly and efficiently. Which is not to say I don't deserve to get sniped for that... But so what? There's no penalty for dying except it takes a few minutes to get a new axe and damaged orange hard hat.

Edit: I don't know that you're a Russian.

you know dayz is incredible game :)

this map alone make so many possibility

but is very big and I understand need for save time and maybe taking faster route :P

but if you doing this you make big gamble and if gamble fail is own fault is what I saying :|

me too I die sometime from being lazy but I never complain and I know was 100% my fault is why I try to play only when I having time for playing properly :thumbsup:  :rolleyes:

my dad is Russian my mother Romania I was living Poland now in uk  :)

• Like 4

kos is balling hard

he is legit kos'er

follow his advice

• Like 1

you know dayz is incredible game :)

this map alone make so many possibility

but is very big and I understand need for save time and maybe taking faster route :P

but if you doing this you make big gamble and if gamble fail is own fault is what I saying :|

Not too long ago I followed 2 guys for the length of probably 20 km, staying about 200-300 meters behind them the whole time. I did this just to test my stealth. They never saw me once :) Every time they went to turn around I hid in a bush or behind a tree or on the other side of a house/building. It is amazing how oblivious some people are. All they had to do was turn around or look over their shoulder and be smart about their travelling, but no. They were lazy and clueless. Running only along the road, across fields, being very loud on direct chat.

At one point, I went to sneak up to the door of a house. They came running out of it and I put myself against the wall right next to the door as they ran out. They ran right past me without even seeing me haha!

It was hilarious and so easy.  :lol:

I eventually killed them both with a surprise axe attack when they came down the stairs of a building :P

Edited by Gekkonidae
  • Like 1

Another fun filled tense interaction brought to you by KOS.....

Yup! I love to kill KoS-ers huehuehue :lol:

Bandits and glitches are the only threats in the game. So far, shoot outs and looting are what keeps people playing. By shooting a person you get gear, thus fulfilling the former. I think a lot of the bandit-whining comes from people who recently got killed by a guy right after finding some sick loot.

Honestly I only mind people who kill anything on sight. Bandits who engage in conversation, use handcuffs, etc. are okay with me.

I gotta say, it's not always being careless getting KoS. Some people will camp on a roof for hours. Probably reading Harry Potter or trying to get their first erection, until a player comes on screen then they snipe them. There's not enough camo or cover to protect from someone who has the patience (read: no life) to camp that long. And I'm not talking airfields.

You sir are a fucking genius, I propose new item's,

Spawn location: Skalisty Island

Spawn rate: extremely rare

Item's: Sear's catalog and Victoria's Secret catalog

KoS, heavily reduced.

Spawn camping, non-existent.

Edited by Window Licker
  • Like 1

Well in this community. Bandits are guys who hold you up and don't kill you on sight.

KoS/Murderers are those guys.

But I think it adds a huge aspect to the game. Without bandits there can be no heros. So people who say bandits play the game wrong are just upset over the fact that they are recently deceased from them. Banditing is fun, counter-banditing is fun.

Your skill level doesn't apply to what role you play. There are bandits that are extremely skillful as well as heros that absolutely suck.

This is spot on.  Bandits, I have zero issues with.  They add intrigue and excitement to the game.  The KoS guys, while not "playing wrong" they remove that interaction and intrigue and excitement, all so they can "keep their gear"  Can't figure out how people can get so attached like that..  especially from fresh spawn you can be back tac'd up in less than an hour if you know where to go

Why does it seem that most of the DayZ community is so "anti-bandit" that they can't accept bandits as a necessary aspect in the game?

I'm sure many of you have seen the numerous threads and posts talking about how Bandits are "playing the game wrong" or are "bad at the game". I personally used to be the sort of person who absolutely hated the KOS mentality, but I never went as far to think that Bandits were playing wrong and were bad.

As of now, I do often kill people on sight, and I accept that in doing so I will be seen as a dick. But this is totally fine, it's fine to be a dick in the game, and it's not because you're bad at the game, or that you're "playing the game wrong".

The community as of now seems to think that the game is very black and white (in terms of morals), yet what you don't realize is that the game is extremely grey.

Anyway back to my question and confusion. Why do you (if you do) think that Bandits are "playing the game wrong" and are "bad at the game"?

What is the point of starting this topic? Are you intentionally trying to start a flame war?! Regardless, this topic is already being covered HERE. It's even on the first page so you didn't need to use the 'Search' function, just your eyes. Reported.

No one is anti-bandit or is saying KoS is wrong. There is more than just black and white and that's what people can't seem to recognize.

Whenever someone mentions "KoS" the self-claimed elitists jump on you, calling you "crybaby" and telling you to go play "carebear online" like you would want to take something away from them or would want to change the whole game.

Of course there is people who farmed up properly and just wanna KoS, totally legit.

Of course there is areas and situations KoS is the best thing you can do, no matter what, totally legit.

There is nothing wrong with KoS itself and no one wants to take this feature/ playing style out of the game, but it is wrong that people don't have to do anything to gear up. Just go to a military base, farm-hop empty/ private servers, have pimped up gun and backpack full of ammo and go on a rampage hunting down fresh spawn or pretty undergeared people. And that's something they need to fix.

Yes, I know this game has guns and people want to use them, I totally understand that, but DayZ is/ could be so much more than just running around as a one-man-army killing everything on sight.

Also: with the situation of no actual threat as Zeds are pretty rare and have a somewhat messed up AI at there is nothing that encourages to actually shoot anything else than other players.

/edit: typos

Edited by daisho

Hello,

Just wanted to salute and congratulate everyone that challenge themselves in the game and don't just kill on sight like weak masses do. You guys got on another level and that's huge. 

Trying to hold up and surrender armed players (especially in groups) is a very challenging task and those that are successful are the good ones. 

What do you do when you surrender a somebody? 

I ask them 3 questions. If they answer all correctly they get to live and let them go (without ammunition). For every incorrect answer they take one bullet to the knee. 

Some of my questions: 

What is 2 + 2 x 2

What is the second largest country in terms of territory.

What is heavier, one kilo of stone or one kilo of iron.

I ask them to explain why astronauts "float" in space. 

Out of maybe 10 hold up situations, one answered all correctly. 

What's your way? 

Edited by Miquinei
  • Like 4

What is 2 + 2 x 2

Haha, Facebook much? :D

I usually don't hold people up if it isn't needed. Only if they pose a threat I will try and make them surrender. Then after asking them what they're doing, I will let them go again.

yea i recomend holding up players and not shooting

Edited by DURRHUNTER

Fuck you and your "weak masses" comment. Go troll on reddit.

Hurt meatshield is hurt and feels obviously weak now ;)

Where's KoS ifyou ned him to give you some vodka and tell you about the value of KoS?^^

I usually don't hold people up...oh well I did twice. first time at Balota because he was somehow freakin me out because he was SO relaxed, that I thought he might plan something. So he got handcuffed, i stripped down everything he had and stuffed it in his backpack.

The second one...well, met in Solnichniy, he came out of a house I wanted to go in, both had the weapons in hands, a second of silence, then both screaming "Freeze!" at one another at the same time, followed by "Your gun down!" followed by "No, YOU!", just like it was scripted...a moment of silence, loud laughter from both. Was a nice guy, even when he shot two freshspawns directly after that when they entered the city...

Edited by LaughingJack
  • Like 2

Hello,

Just wanted to salute and congratulate everyone that challenge themselves in the game and don't just kill on sight like weak masses do. You guys got on another level and that's huge. 

Trying to hold up and surrender armed players (especially in groups) is a very challenging task and those that are successful are the good ones. 

What do you do when you surrender a somebody? 

I ask them 3 questions. If they answer all correctly they get to live and let them go (without ammunition). For every incorrect answer they take one bullet to the knee. 

Some of my questions: 

What is 2 + 2 x 2

What is the second largest country in terms of territory.

What is heavier, one kilo of stone or one kilo of iron.

I ask them to explain why astronauts "float" in space. 

Out of maybe 10 hold up situations, one answered all correctly. 

What's your way? 

Those questions are pretty easy. I haven't held anyone up yet, but if I do, I'll take what I need from them and ask them three questions:

1. What is your name?

2. What is your quest?

3. What is the airspeed velocity of a swallow?

• Like 1

What is 2 + 2 x 2 = Blue

What is the second largest country in terms of territory. = 69

What is heavier, one kilo of stone or one kilo of iron. = Doge

I ask them to explain why astronauts "float" in space. = Because logic

The differencee between KoSers and non-KoSers is that us KoSers don't get butthurt that you don't KoS.

You seem pretty butthurt to me...

KOS is the easiest possible way to play the game.

Bandits get all the benefits, and no drawbacks with that gameplay style.

KOS feeds more KOS which feeds more KOS, which makes the entire game nothing but KOS.

Hence the hate from other players that want to play as Heros, but CANNOT do it without being bullet sponges.