Sign in to follow this  
randalmcdaniels

Aspects that accumulatively wear on your patience in dayz

I hate stuff falling through floors and buildings, I stupidly risked it and lost a good can full of ammo today.

Not being able to see all of the ammo in an ammo box without dropping it on the ground and risking it vanishing...

But accidentally hitting a mag change when trying to open a door is the worst, especially when you lose the magazine... I'm not sure if that is intentional or not, but in a survival situation most people would mag change with retention, and if not it would drop on the floor, not vanish into nothingness.

All the BAW on the forums.

Alpher forum.

-Waiting for character to holster weapon

realistic, takes time to do so irl

But I can holster a weapon while moving IRL. Edited by IG Rage
  • Like 1

But I can holster a weapon while moving IRL.

Yes, please tell us how you can holster your weapon with ease while you are sprinting.

Yes, please tell us how you can holster your weapon with ease while you are sprinting.

chest holster will work or an iwb pancake works for me, bet then again it depends what you mean by sprinting... I only have one speed.

my biggest peev is having to rearrange my back pack all the time, drives me nuts.

Edited by Dullkn1fe
  • Like 1

Yeah you are right, next time i am being chased by a zombie in real life i will come to a complete stop before throwing my rifle over my shoulder

and when i am bleeding about to die i will look into the sky and say "at least i died realistically"

Edited by randalmcdaniels

-Slowing down while walking up staircases

An ArmA issue, I think, but I'm not sure about that...but maybe linked as well with the next issue...

-Slowing down while walking up slight inclines

A collision issue, Dean talked about it, will be fixed

-Waiting for character to begin moving again after falling from small heights (even 12 inches)

Will maybe change since the falling dmg is tweaked on and is also set in relation to the weight carried. I think this is planned somehow that way, but yes, at the moment too hard

-Waiting for character to completely stop and complete an action while running from zombies

Will be changed as mentioned in the latest Devstream

-Waiting for continuous repeat user commands to finish entire can of food or water (takes forever)

Meh. Forever? "Eat all" and wait. Or how fast can you eat a can of beans in real life?

-Waiting for character to slowly put away items before being able to grab ladder (should throw weapon over shoulder while grabbing ladder in one fluid motion)

True. But there is no "fast" animation for these things....by now. Will maybe change, since most animations are overhauled again...

-Waiting for character to revert to crouch again before fully standing up

You mean the animation I guess....but what else do you want? Kip up? Or how to you stand up when you are lying?

-Waiting for character to fully complete an animation after accidentally pressing the wrong key (step over animation, prone, weapon switch etc)

Well...I don't say you fault, but it is ;)  But it's a pain sometimes, especially the slow vault is annyoing. As mentioned before, skippable animations/actions will come

-Waiting for dropped loot to appear on floor

Should change with next build as it has  been announced

-Scrolling up and down to select different options

Ah...no. What else do you want? This system - in my opinion .- works..yeah I have reloaded my magnum accidentially because i wanted to open a door but thats just the "action button" syndrome - you can interact with different things with only one button...the price is the scroll menu...

-Having to manually empty hands before carrying out other actions (should do that automatically, or should we need to instruct character when to breath as well?)

Should be a suibject to change afaik

-All non-interruptible animations

All longer animations will be able to be skipped as mentioned in the last Devstream

-Scroll to open door.. nope.. door opens me

In Chernarus Door opens You! ;) But this will change as well, as Dean stated that they are reworking the door mechanics to "physic based objects".

Edited by LaughingJack
  • Like 3

Its not a matter or being realistic or not.. It's just the way these things occur in-game that induce mild annoyance overtime.. These annoyances are fine in small doses, But in dayz they are everywhere and and far too common.. I am just worried because continuous exposure to these small annoyances can increase the users risk of throwing his/her monitor off of a five story building rooftop endangering all bystanders below.. So yes i think these issues should be looked into

Well, as I said: Most of these things are already going to  be fixed/already fixed on internal/worked on. And really, if THESE things bring anyone to throw their monitor out the window because they miss the patience, well, I hate to say it, DayZ is the wrong game for you. You need more patience in this gae than in any other. Maybe expect Ninja Gaiden 2. But that was just unfair.

Swimming in general / spawning at that one spot near elektro where you have to cross water

Thou shalt not swim in DayZ. Never. NEVER. Well expect you spawn there.

...but swimming is awful I'm totally with you on that. But I don't think it's going to be looked into soon, since it's not a core mechanic...maybe only the spawn point will be deleted...

Slowing down while walking up a slight incline has to be the most frustrating shit I've ever encountered.

*jogging along* "Oh there's a slight hill there. I'm getting shot at so I better book it!" *instantly walking slower than an 80 year old* You are dead.

It's far far worse than in the mod. There is some slow-down, but my god, not that much.

I didn't read any of these besides the OP, but opening a door with a weapon in-hand that uses a speed loader and loudly reloading your gun with said speed loader instead of opening the door makes me fucking rage.

• Like 1

That's in fact a collision issue as I wrote already (it was stated in the last Q&A session) and will be fixed...

Honestly i don't understand people like you.. You make it seem like someone is attacking your girlfriend or something. It';s just a game..can't you just accept the fact that some aspects of dayz need tuning? Isn't that why we are alpha testers? We are doing our jobs by pointing out things that need tuning.

If we were all like you pretending everything about the game was flawless than the devs might as well just stop working on it and go on to the next project.

We are all on the same side here...we all want dayz to be the best game possible. We aren't trying to hurt your feelings by pointing out minor game-play issues lol

And no they are not aware of every issue..They are not psychic

People can write 1000 things wrong with dayz and you will quickly jump up and try and convince us its somehow OUR fault not the games.. You should be a defense lawyer lol "It was an accident the gun accidentally went off causing a bullet to richochet off the chandelier, the bedpost, the windowsill, the doorknob, than right into the victims head.. And the semen found inside the victim must have accidentally gotten in there by a mistakenly reused wet-nap"

• Like 2

Honestly i don't understand people like you.. You make it seem like someone is attacking your girlfriend or something.

Wut?

Please explain me how that sentence:

That's in fact a collision issue as I wrote already (it was stated in the last Q&A session) and will be fixed...

is anyhow a game-defending one or even sounds like "I try to defend my girlfriend"? O.o

I explained something, because I heard it fromt he devs in a Q&A stream, to someone who obviously didn't knew this (same with the post before). So...I really don't knwo where you got that idea. I just get annoyed when people don't read anything in a thrad but the title, storm in "hurr durr shitload" and write, in fact, the same things that have been discussed all along.

It';s just a game..can't you just accept the fact that some aspects of dayz need tuning? Isn't that why we are alpha testers? We are doing our jobs by pointing out things that need tuning

A LOT of aspects of the game need tuning. Hell there are some extreme disturbing bugs in the game, huge lacks that are onyl filled slowly etc. etc. You don't know many posts from me, hm? But nice from you to judge me by one sentence.

And pointing things out in general discussion is close to worthless for developing. Wanna help? Post in the suggestion sub, on reddit, or even better, write in the bugtracker.

If we were all like you pretending everything about the game was flawless than the devs might as well just stop working on it and go on to the next project.

I also can't remember to say anything like that...

We are all on the same side here...we all want dayz to be the best game possible. We aren't trying to hurt your feelings by pointing out minor game-play issues lol

True. But again: No hurt feelings on my side, and they don't get hurt when someone criticizes a game....really. Maybe I get annoyed if people don't read or don't think here, but that's it.

And no they are not aware of every issue..They are not psychic

That's true. that's why i only pointed the ones out, where I knew something about...?

People can write 1000 things wrong with dayz and you will quickly jump up and try and convince us its somehow OUR fault not the games.. You should be a defense lawyer lol "It was an accident the gun accidentally went off causing a bullet to richochet off the chandelier, the bedpost, the windowsill, the doorknob, than right into the victims head.. And the semen found inside the victim must have accidentally gotten in there by a mistakenly reused wet-nap"

Again: Wut? No I wont....at least not until I really think so. But you have a vivid imagination^^

So one more time in one sentence: I don't really defend anything, I just explain things I happen to know because I read them/saw them/heard them.

And now I have the feeling, I need another coffee...

See my point exactly, an answer/ex[planation for everything

• Like 1

I'm with Rick, hitting f and reloading a mag instead of opening a door is the worst.

I also hate getting excited to see a stable patch being announced and scheduled And it doesn't get added

What's that answer from you about?

Really,...I don't get it.

I try to explain what was said by the devs, in case someone missed it, suddenly you start talking about me how i defend the game and pretend that everything about the game is flawless and that I will quickly jump up and try and convince everyone its somehow the players fault not the games.

Things I clearly never said, not even remote close to something I have ever written in this forum. I think, okay, maybe he just got a wrong impression of what I said and try to explain again why I wrote these things - not because I want to defend the game, show falsly that it's flawless or to convince anyone about anything, just because I want to clear things up, and you write "See my point exactly, an answer/ex[planation for everything" ?

So you redirect me to your post, to which I just answered? Should I now redirect you to my previous post again to finish that deadlock correctly? Don't you like when someone explains his words or actions?

Or was that just a new version of "tl;dr"? In that case: That's rude. Even for this forum.

Edited by LaughingJack

Hi.

Aspects that wear on my patience in DayZ?

Hmm, since a lot of the things mentioned have already been said to be being worked on or simply player error( i.e. raging after pressing wrong button lol), I guess I would say the things that wear on my patience the most are some peoples kids.

Regards.

You made a statement about the things that wear your patience in DayZ.

While you are absolutely right,Mr Jack has done his homework.

I also heard that theese things while frustrating,the team announced that they will fix them.

But in all seriousness,let's be honest,you never say anything good,and rather see this game burn.

Allow me to give away some links of your older posts.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/174830-why-the-dayz-formula-will-ultimately-fail/?hl=randalmcdaniels-

Why the dayz formula will ultimately fail

Ugly salami terrain?

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/174654-ugly-salami-terrain/?hl=randalmcdaniels

This game is shit

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/175045-this-game-is-shit/?hl=randalmcdaniels#entry1789318

If we were discussing about a made/realeased version of the game,i wouldn't have to argue about anything.

While i support you notion about this game's frustrating aspects,you need to also agknowlelge the information

given to you if it is about something concerning your frustrations without labeling everyone fanboys/defence lawyers etc.

Edited by Damnyourdeadman
  • Like 1

Can it be from the mod??

If so mine would be visiting 10 high value industrial spawns (same two looped) and still not finding that windscreen glass :P

For SA...

Its gotta be that running up slight inclines BS....was in the mod, but no where near what it is in the SA, it felt quite realistic in the mod. Maybe its defining new terrain sections, or angle of accent values....needs fixing either way :)

EDIT - Id also go for being able to force a sprint up pretty much any incline, but with a massive hit on hydration and energy values ;)

Edited by Karmaterror
  • Like 1

I don't like waiting for stuff to re-appear after dropping it either but I find this neither irritating nor annoying. It just the way it is, it most likely will change after alpha.

As for the other stuff, animations, running etc: I actually like the slow pace of the journey, things are getting hectic enough when fights are happening.

Maybe people are used too much to the fast paced FPS like CoD and BF, these are good games.

I some time ago hopped on BF2 and BF2142 again too see if people are still playing and was somewhat surprised how much more slow paced they were even though not slow games at all.

I'm playing FPS since the early days of Counter Strike and as much as I can enjoy a round of CoD and Battlefield I really don't like the instant-spawn-rambo-run-and-gun gameplay anymore with all these perks that make stuff even faster....

The question is: what to change and what to keep? Once you start making stuff easier/ faster people will demand more and more stuff to get automated, to run faster, to have this and to be able to do that. This slow pace and tension is what makes DayZ special for me and it is what makes me really enjoy the game. ..

/edit: typos

Edited by daisho

out of all of those issues the one that cheeses me sometimes is the slow walk up an incline. nothing worse then when you are trying to meet up with your comrades and you get a mountain in front of you. Well i'll be walking up this see u guys in 20 minutes LOL. I hope they can increase the speed a little but there are more important things for them to fix. Like the invisible wall glitch at the airfields and the 1 building in balota that has no doors yet people can go into it and shoot at u from it. so as I see it once the real issues get squared away then hopefully they move on to fixing trivial problems like movement speed etc.

Mouse accell, yep, #1 biggest frustration for me so far.