Sign in to follow this  
ispecter

Server login timer is F***ed.

Well, don't know about you but i bought the game to play it, not to entertain myself while NOT playing the game

That's not my point. Whether or no the system is fucked is irrelevant to what i'm trying to say.

Assuming you, for whatever reason, are affected by this, just read a book or play angry birds or some shit. People make it seem like 5 minutes is their whole life.

Again, read a book, watch a you tube video, etc.

That's not my point. Whether or no the system is fucked is irrelevant to what i'm trying to say.

Assuming you, for whatever reason, are affected by this, just read a book or play angry birds or some shit. People make it seem like 5 minutes is their whole life.

In the small amount of times I have to change servers, I usually just get a drink. By the time I'm back, I am spawning in. :D

• Like 1

Ok, maybe this way: we're reporting a bug. A system that doesn't work as intended. I do hope that you aren't against bugfixes. The system should punish server hoppers but not regular server changers. It is a bug, fix it.

Ok, maybe this way: we're reporting a bug. A system that doesn't work as intended. I do hope that you aren't against bugfixes. The system should punish server hoppers but not regular server changers. It is a bug, fix it.

Again, not my point. I love reporting bugs, that's the point of and early access alphur.

My point is that it isn't the end of the world if you have to wait 5 minutes. The way some people say it makes it seem like they have to battle a kodiak bear with only their bare penis as a weapon.

Like Guppy said, get a drink, report it, and move on with your day. 

Can't you read a proper warning? this is a test server your character will be deleted! join and kick! 

you're a tool. Accept it and move on. I have issues with servers and sometimes have to wait out the timer. It's not a big deal. 

Suppose we just accept the game as it is, no big deal.. no need to add or change anything from here on! Even though your argument is completely useless, there is no reason to be a dick about it!

The timer is annoying and that's a fact, it does not prevent what it is trying to prevent, server hoppers have all the time in the world..

However, I have limited time to play/test, and have a really hard time finding a server that isn't, lagging, is wrong version, doesn't load my previous character, is pitch black(yeah, I get tied of playing at night some times and the server browser isn't showing correct time of day at all..) and 5mins is not a problem, but it adds up! yesterday me and my friend spend an hour and a half, before we finally got on a server that we both could play on.. 

The timer should not kick in until at least 30sec into game-play, and the 30 secs should not count until the character has moved out of the spawn-point... that would be away of doing it for the future. .but for alpha testing.. hell no, there are endless reasons why you would change servers, remember, we are here to TEST it! Sometimes i need a nightime server to test stuff, sometimes i need daylight.

Edited by Pandusen

ehhhrm...if u stay like 10 minutes half an hour u don't got a timer left and please don't tell us your game crash every time or u get kicked on every server

Suppose we just accept the game as it is,

Thats what you get when you buy a AAA game or almost any game, you have no say or input as far as features, game play, visual style, game mechanics, etc.

Generally to the whole thread, the timer has been beaten to death it's not going anywhere, it may be tweaked but for now, it is what it is and just because you "keep getting kicked" or have a "bad internet connection" that causes you to "disconnect" is not going to convince anyone to re-open a MASSIVE exploit because I guarantee you take it away and there will three times the rage demanding it be re-instated.

• Like 1

>Doing green text wrong

>Doing it outside of 4chan

>Not even making it green

Just, fucking no.

Do they even

▲

▲ ▲ ?

You don't get my point either. My time where i can play games is rare and limited. When i sit down to play DayZ, i want to play DayZ. Every minute that got wasted by a broken system takes from my spare gaming time.

• Like 1

You don't get my point either. My time where i can play games is rare and limited. When i sit down to play DayZ, i want to play DayZ. Every minute that got wasted by a broken system takes from my spare gaming time.

I get that, I sometimes don't get to play for a week due to other commitment's, so when I do play I want every moment possible to count, as I've already stated before, don't join shitty servers and you won't have issues. Why does no-body understand this simple concept?

I get that, I sometimes don't get to play for a week due to other commitment's, so when I do play I want every moment possible to count, as I've already stated before, don't join shitty servers and you won't have issues. Why does no-body understand this simple concept?

Maybe because they aren't named like "this is a shitty server, don't join"?

• Like 1

That's what you get when you buy a AAA game or almost any game, you have no say or input as far as features, game play, visual style, game mechanics, etc.

Generally to the whole thread, the timer has been beaten to death it's not going anywhere, it may be tweaked but for now, it is what it is and just because you "keep getting kicked" or have a "bad internet connection" that causes you to "disconnect" is not going to convince anyone to re-open a MASSIVE exploit because I guarantee you take it away and there will three times the rage demanding it be re-instated.

what a fat tub of crap... DayZ is a very community driven game... People do have a say, they came up with 90 percent of the ideas that came after the basic mod.  Getting kicked or disconnected by bad internet connections? what the hell are you blabbing on about? Read and understand what I say, or don't converse with me! All the reasons I mentioned had to do with the game, not me! Also, a massive exploit? maybe, but tell me exactly what this timer is preventing?

Edited by Pandusen

Does it say shitty server in the browser? It doesn't even get the time, version and type right..

Finding a good server is a freaking lottery, trial and error! You just pointed out the very reason why this timer needs to be reworked.

Maybe because they aren't named like "this is a shitty server, don't join"?

Does it say shitty server in the browser? It doesn't even get the time, version and type right..

Finding a good server is a freaking lottery, trial and error! You just pointed out the very reason why this timer needs to be reworked.

Noobs R Us - 24/7 DAY - SHITTY SERVER

DayZ SJ 2-9 (Public/Veteran) 115188 - Hosted by GameServers.com - GOOD SERVER

what a fat tub of crap... DayZ is a very community driven game... People do have a say, they came up with 90 percent of the ideas that came after the basic mod.  Getting kicked or disconnected by bad internet connections? what the hell are you blabbing on about? Read and understand what I say, or don't converse with me! All the reasons I mentioned had to do with the game, not me! Also, a massive exploit? maybe, but tell me exactly what this timer is preventing?

Ghosting and combat logging

in all the time this has been implemented, I have had to wait once... for 4 minutes. When I relogged 2 mins after joining a laggy/desyncing server. Very small price to pay to stop ghosting & serverhopping.

The hilarious thing is ..... this does not stop server hopping. It is a minor annoyance to them.

Anyone sufficiently determined to hop for gear will do it. There is no cure except private hives.

Ghosting on the other hand is a legitimate immersion concern and could easily be restrained by having this idiotic timer doubled when trying to quickly rejoin the last 2 servers you were on.

I have no issues with the timer idea per se it just seems poorly implemented. IMO we need an interruptible log out timer that does not leave your character helpless in the in-game world as well.

Edited by AryanBoogeyman
  • Like 1

The hilarious thing is ..... this does not stop server hopping. It is a minor annoyance to them.

So true..

Edited by xRyan99

Anyone sufficiently determined to hop for gear will do it. There is no cure except private hives.

Ghosting on the other hand is a legitimate immersion concern and could easily be restrained by having this idiotic timer doubled when trying to quickly rejoin the last 2 servers you were on.

I have no issues with the timer idea per say it just seems poorly im

plemented. IMO we need an interruptible log out timer that does not leave your character helpless in the in-game world as well.

I have to say: Since the timers are in, i haven't been ghosted anymore. (but i kileld some combatloggers that weren't aware of the timers. Oh the joy ;))

But regarding server hopping: You are right, the tiemrs ARE too weak. I'd say make them even harder. 10 minutes if you leave a server under one hour of play and if you do it twice in a row, the penalties accumulate

e.g. You are on the first server, leave it instantly. Wait ten minutes to join 2nd server. You join there, stay for some minutes and leave it. Gives you a penalty of 9 minutes.

You want to join a 3rd server, waiting time: 19 minutes (10+9)....etc. etc.

That will STILL not fix server hopping, but it will reduce it, I guess.

Another thing that will reduce it is loot respawn....i wait so hard for that feature. And as usual, I say: I hope they put it in, the way they announced it, with a small amount of loot spawning on server start, everything else is random timed to spawn and if something is taken it gets again a random timer as it were an initial spawn...and maybe (even if Hicks said that it would be hard to implement), that the timer gets smaller (a little bit) the more people are on a server...

Its seriously five minutes. How hard is it to entertain your self for five minutes?

If it was just five minutes we wouldn't be talking right now. The issue with the game being so broken it means it have to restart my game often which leads to pointless timers that are stopping goshting or loot hopping its strickly an annoyance. For instance you should be able to log in and out of the same server multiple times without a timer. if you switch servers que the timer but relogging because of a sound bug or something silly shouldn't be a 300 second timer imo.

The issue with the game being so broken it means it have to restart my game often

Ahm...on experimental? No wait, I play on experimental and not even there I have to restart often. And on stable...well once as metnioned before in this thread, but never again. Either it's your pc or you are hopping and disguise it...

Ahm...on experimental? No wait, I play on experimental and not even there I have to restart often. And on stable...well once as metnioned before in this thread, but never again. Either it's your pc or you are hopping and disguise it...

In short, you seem to favor this solution and thinks its perfect.. pfff... Or you just feel like disagreeing with people.. The solution is stupid and annoying and very NOT thought through!
I don't have a problem with sound or anything.. I have a problem with servers never being what they claim to be.. The Time indicator is NOT working.. so when trying to find a day server, or a night server you have to try very often like 10 times to hit one.. also differences/variations that are not indicated so that your last character doesn't load.. happens alot to me, and i have to immediately find another server.. and i get the 5.min punishment even though my character has moved a millimeter. btw. Experimental servers there are only 4-5 of them.. and they are all setup with the same standards.. no wonder you dont need to switch around.

The problem is the whole spawn system.. you should be spawned at random spots within a 1km2 of where you logged out. and you should only be able to log-out outside hot-spots(cities, airports etc) only in the field or forest.. So when in cities the abort button would be grayed out. That way we also eliminate the issue of spawning op behind people in loot areas(which makes observing or clearing out areas pointless and unreal).. Included with this spawn system should be some player spread function.. so if a player so happens to be within the 1 click square you where supposed to spawn in, you would spawn as far away from the player as possible(within that 1 square kilometer)
Edited by Pandusen

Noobs R Us - 24/7 DAY - SHITTY SERVER

DayZ SJ 2-9 (Public/Veteran) 115188 - Hosted by GameServers.com - GOOD SERVER

Ghosting and combat logging

Ghosting: Why doesn't the timer kick in when you try to relog into the same server within a given time? Its not ghosting until you log back into the same server again.. I do not need to relog to the same server, there was a reason why I left. but I get the timer anyway..

Combat Logging: This timer has nothing to do with combat logging.. its a different timer! and that doesn't bother me... I don't have a problem with dying or getting my ass handed to me and gear up again.. I have a problem having to unnecessarily wait to join the fun.

At least the load times in Standalone are very reduced, compared to the mod. that much the better.. however, this timer is still annoying, mostly because it is unnecessary.(not saying that Ghosting and server hopping shouldn't be combated, read my post above.)

Edited by Pandusen

It works horrible tbh. Yes it stops server hopping but is really annoying to be kicked randomly since its a "private testing server" aka "looting server for admins". It also don't stop combat logging which is the most annoying thing really.

That timer really helps with ghosting though. Believe me, I haven't been BS'd by a ghosting clan of pusses since this was implemented.