Sign in to follow this  
Death By Crowbar

Are you kidding me?

I log out in a tower near the cost yesterday or the day before. So tonight while the lame Oscars are on I log back in and try to check things out. However, the second I arm my SKS I fall out of the tower to my death. Really? Can we get the pathing, wall interaction, vertical issues some priority? Never camping again while up high, what a crock of shit. Hoping I can find a friendly to help re-gear me, otherwise my limited 1-2 hours per night is going to take some time to get any sort of gear again. I know this is alpha (or pre-alpha) but wow, let's fix the mechanics. Zombies ghost through anything they want, it's kinda getting old. Fix the big bugs please, unless you're incapable since your main Dev defected a week or so ago?

Logging out near any ledge has always been inadvisable in this game. 

Are you unaware of the actual facts regarding the supposed defection, or was that an angry jape? 

Edited by Very Ape
  • Like 4

You bought an unfinished game...deal with it

But seriously, don't log off higher that 1st floor just to be sure you'll be alive next time

1-2 hours a night? You will get geared up in half a day. Also welcome to alpha.

They're working on fixes for multiple different things. Zombies are a wip.

You already know this now, but don't log out in a tower. I don't trust DayZ with anything when it comes to areas I can walk on and whatnot. I once tried to lean on a railing and fell off. Learned my lesson there. Log out somewhere safe and stable.

Getting really good gear isn't the only thing to do in the game. You also shouldn't get too attached to it.

i love how people keep saying "welcome to alpha" "its still in alpha" wahwahwah. the mod never even got out of alpha after a year or so. instead of the developers working on core things like not spawning in walls and rooms with no way out they add cooking to the game. great. just what everyones complaining about. that they cant cook in dayz.

• Like 1

i love how people keep saying "welcome to alpha" "its still in alpha" wahwahwah. the mod never even got out of alpha after a year or so. instead of the developers working on core things like not spawning in walls and rooms with no way out they add cooking to the game. great. just what everyones complaining about. that they cant cook in dayz.

The mod never got out of alpha because it has never been one in the first place.

Edited by Sooke

The problem is, most people have the sense to realize the game isn't finished, and log out on the stable ground.

They will fix these issues, eventually. Just because you lost your gun and loot doesn't mean they should change plan and fix the spawning.

I don't want cooking.

I cook too much in real life.

I wish my wife could learn to cook.

sorry to hear that my sniping friend.." a tower near the cost yesterday or the day before"  ;) 

one of 2 things got you:

#1- you had that wall glitch everyone is mentioning.

#2- karma, yup karma is bishhh :lol:

• Like 1

If you can't get geared back up in 1-2 hours, you are playing wrong.  Usually, in 2 hours I can scavenge a ton of key loot areas and be set for life in DayZ.  Don't be a noob and check every single building and ONLY check certain buildings and gearing up becomes trivial.

you sir, need to play the mod.

wall clipping, ladder death and horrible path findings are part of the game.

lol

I log out in a tower near the cost yesterday or the day before.

DayZ carma gods got you, you dirty camper :P

And if you where by the coast, shouldn't your gear still be there if you ran back?

Sure some of it might be ruined but surely not all.

I log out in a tower

I lol'd.  :rolleyes:

Climber%20Fatalities,%202005.jpg

Towers .... dangerous  as shit ! 

Right, I'm taking the joke here, but that can't be right, more people must have died from falling from a "tower" (could do with the definition of tower of course) considering the population of the USA and the general stupidity of a populace. There is something like several thousands of people each year who die putting their slippers on for crying out loud. 7 deaths from towers in 2005 can't be right, that would make them the second least dangerous thing in the country, second only to marijuana of course.. ;)

This got me curious, so

1,000 people each year from falling down the stairs, this is no-longer a bug but a feature.

Ladders injure 30,000 a year and kill 6,000

could only find professional stat's for falling from tower's tho and that was 70 across the us in from 2003-2007 (Canada had 1 for the same time period)

Edited by Window Licker
  • Like 1

Welcome to the broken game that is dayz. Your safest bet is to keep yourself on the ground hieghts are bugged

could only find professional stat's for falling from tower's tho and that was 70 across the us in from 2003-2007 (Canada had 1 for the same time period)

That still seems ridiculously low. You would have to think that climbing towers is a relatively dangerous task just because, well... gravity. Ok we need to add in that you will have "professional tower climbers", I'm guessing that's a thing, who would use safety gear but on the flip side you'll have teenage male hormones enhanced with alcohol to produce the desire to climb said tower 'freestyle', as it were.

This got me curious, so

1,000 people each year from falling down the stairs, this is no-longer a bug but a feature.

Ladders injure 30,000 a year and kill 6,000

does not count.....it was an american that fell...... :lol:

you sir just made my self facepalm, sorry about your brain

I stopped reading at "I logged out in a tower".  Really? Why would you do that? If you have played the game for more then a minute or read the forum at all you know falling deaths happen often and walls/floors are bugged.  Drop an item on the 3rd floor pick it on my the 1st floor half the time. 

Welcome to the broken game that is dayz. Your safest bet is to keep yourself on the ground hieghts are bugged

You still didn't understood what a broken and a game in development is. But It's allright as long as you preach negative vibes against the game/devteam.