Sign in to follow this  
Bl0wUrFace

Music&Friendly

putting musical instrument like a guitard,harmonica or violon and spawn musical partition across the map prehaps in cultural building.then maybe player could gatter around fire eat and play music 

Dayz is a humanity simulator give humanity gun and they will kill each other...give them art and cultural stuff who knows what can happen

• Like 1

Only thing I see is someone killing another guy and then playing the violin. This is a zombie apocalypse simulator and not a beach-party-friends simulator. Nobody will care about art and culture in this situation, only to find a gun, a house and someone with beans.

• Like 2

It's a sweet (in the sugary sense) idea, and I'd love to see musical instruments in the game at some point in the distant future. The OP is right: Culture shapes the people in it as much as people shape a culture.

Edit: Wouldn't you want to literally play the world's smallest violin for someone who just died? No?

Edited by Mithrawndo

The OP has a point to a certain degree....

You give people certain things ofcourse its gonna be a death match..

And like the other poster said it is the zombie apocalypse so it makes sense but some non combat player interaction would be nice in DayZ if just not to break up the monotony

The idea is great. Dayz is far more than a huge scale deathmatch and what people can achieve and create together with simple tools (like a guitared) can exeede even the imagination of the devs. just look at minecraft!

Love the idea, even if people only end up using it to musically t-bag you which I doubt. I had a guy come up to me once holding a book and quoting the from the movie "The Book of Eli"

So I'm sure people will do all sorts of creative stuff with musical instruments.