willhelm

Remove the ruining of objects from falling

Each time i break my legg etc or something along those lines, my pants, everything in them, all gets ruined. I think that's just ridiculous, at no point would breaking your legg, or falling next to any distance break your trousers, i believe they should just alter it from "ruined" to damaged, if they need to

getting shot should turn it instantly to "damaged" aswel, because let's face it, it's just a hole in the trousers, it's not like they were lit on fire or anything.

also if there is a hole in the trousers it should be patchable with a sowing kit, so yea.

EDIT: sorry I had no clue this was a bug, I thought it was by intention, my apologies

Edited by NevadaDG
  • Like 4

Each time i break my legg etc or something along those lines, my pants, everything in them, all gets ruined. I think that's just ridiculous, at no point would breaking your legg, or falling next to any distance break your trousers, i believe they should just alter it from "ruined" to damaged, if they need to

getting shot should turn it instantly to "damaged" aswel, because let's face it, it's just a hole in the trousers, it's not like they were lit on fire or anything.

also if there is a hole in the trousers it should be patchable with a sowing kit, so yea.

I feel like I'm missing out on thing's playing the experimental build, sure some bugs are fixed, but I get the pleasure of finding new one's,

Sewing kit's will work on clothing as long as it's not ruined.

Also it's a blood stained hole and all the sewing in the world won't get it out. Have you seen a protruding bone break you know where a bit sharp piece of bone sticks out thru the skin, that's another hole and fair bit more blood on your pant's too. Sorry if this seems snarky but you played the "realism" card so I played the hand you dealt.

I feel like I'm missing out on thing's playing the experimental build, sure some bugs are fixed, but I get the pleasure of finding new one's,

Also it's a blood stained hole and all the sewing in the world won't get it out. Have you seen a protruding bone break you know where a bit sharp piece of bone sticks out thru the skin, that's another hole and fair bit more blood on your pant's too. Sorry if this seems snarky but you played the "realism" card so I played the hand you dealt.

Sewing kits already work in stable... I use them all the time...?  :huh: 

They'll repair anything back to 'worn' status and each time you use them they degrade a bit until they hit ruined.

Have you tried not breaking your legs? :D

• Like 1

Sewing kits already work in stable... I use them all the time...?  :huh: 

They'll repair anything back to 'worn' status and each time you use them they degrade a bit until they hit ruined.

Not from a ruined state, only certain statuses

Fair enough, but i don't see any blood loss from breaking leggs, thought i'll guess that;s a bug.

Fair enough again, but since you also re-played the realism card, falling 5m will not break a bone... just saying

You don't play dayz,, do you? If so you've never tried going down a flight of stairs on 10fps

• Like 1

Not from a ruined state, only certain statuses

Well, that's right...? Once somethings ruined, it's ruined... if it were repairable, it wouldn't be ruined by definition.

• Like 1

Dude, it's a bug.

is it? ;-;.... Sorry if it is i had no clue, i thought it was actually something implimented

You don't play dayz,, do you? If so you've never tried going down a flight of stairs on 10fps

Haven't broken my legs in 150 hours. :3

Lol, ever fallen down a flight of stairs, broken your leg, and realised your morphine was in your pants?

Yeah, pls...I've never seen a flashlight broke when I jump down the stairs...but it's a bug, so we just have to wait

Lol, ever fallen down a flight of stairs, broken your leg, and realised your morphine was in your pants?

Obviously he hasn't

Lucky you. My friend broke his legs 3 times for last 3 days because of bugs ONLY.

First time he fell through the floor.

Second was when he climbed up the ladder, but then was pushed back (by magic) and fell down.

Third one was when I accidently pushed her through the wall and he nearly died from falling from second floor.

I think fall damage is extremely exaggerated in DayZ and should be reduced - you will not break your legs by following 3m, even if you carry a goddamn mountain BP full of bricks. Not to mention your pants/items damage which is simply ridiculous.

I myself didn't break my legs even once in DayZ standalone because I have good PC and nearly never desynch, but my friend I'm playing with clips through walls/stairs/anything very often.

Hopefully that anti-desynch system they are working on will help her

Edited by SonicSonedit

I have! But to no avail, small falls and sometimes just walking seem to shatter my ridiculously fragile leg bones.

Dude, it's a bug.

Can someone link to where it was mentioned that this is a bug? I would like to read about it.

Obviously he hasn't

Yes because he's a mod on  the forums with 5999 posts (to this date) and has only played 120 hours of the game. Sure sure.

I was talking about if he had EVER broken his leggs, so obviously you can't read

Yes because he's a mod on  the forums with 5999 posts (to this date) and has only played 120 hours of the game. Sure sure.

I was talking about if he had EVER broken his leggs, so obviously you can't read

I've been on the forums since late January and already accrued 149 posts, and I'm not a mod [something that would imply a lot more posting]. It doesn't take that long to get a large amount of posts on here if you do it frequently.

Meanwhile I've been playing TF2 frequently since December 2012 and only got 400 hours in that, so compared to his time played, I don't think it's a matter of "only" 120 hours.

Obviously I can read. You, on the other hand, can't read between the lines.