Sign in to follow this  
MissyX

Sick and tired!

As the topic say, i am sick and tired of what i am sure 100's of people have been posting about, and i am going to be honest....i wont search the forum for some post about it.

I am a very careful player when i am in DayZ, i don't run mindlessly around the map having no idea what i am doing. I do my very best to have a good idea what i am running in to, i spend a lot of time scouting out little towns for long hours to find places that not many go to so i have routes across the map that i feel some what ok with going in to. But the last two days i have been playing i have found glitchers all over the map who sits in side walls shooting people well aware that they can't be shot back at. I was warned about this two weeks ago when i started playing that there was a few.... a few!! glitchers, but now it seems to have exploded. Last night i was crossing from north to south going by this little villages picking up a can of food and soda here and there. Out of the 4 i did visit, 3 had a glitcher who i was lucky to see from some distance in my long range scope, and just for giggle i tried to shoot him... na no effect and he started shooting back at me trough the wall, hit me to he did from 350-400 yards with a M4 that lucky bastard.

Why is this not fixed? And for the love of god don't tell me to go play hardcore, i get seasick playing in FPV in any game.

Are we really going to be forced never to go in to this villages and towns because every other house has a wall glitcher in it shooting at us from inside walls?

If i go to the range where i often are shooting my M40A3, i can shoot trough walls and still have stopping power equal the M4, why in the name of the DayZ lord can we not shoot trough wooden walls? I thought this was going to be some what realistic? hehe :D

EDIT!!

To the devs, don't you think that fixing this extremely game breaking glitch people are exploiting day in day out to kill people should be addressed? And warned people about before they venture out in the world of DayZ?

Now ask you're self this. Would you keep playing a game where if you did not cheat in it, you had no chance getting by?

Edited by MissyX

Alpha

Let me get this right, you are saying it is fine for everyone to cheat in the game because it is a alpha test?

Yes. Alpha. If people didn't cheat in the alpha then the devs wouldn't know to fix it for beta. Good on you for playing carefully but don't get too attached. Youre like an intern, but you pay to work here. :)

Well that is pretty shitty, this is one of those thing that afaik I've not encountered yet, in saying that there is a warning before you buy the game and you do click one every time you play, yes this need to be addressed as you said as it's a severely game breaking exploit.  I have not seen anything in any dev blog's or posts relating to this which I thought there would be the main hope is that with the larger dev team issue's like this should be addressed quicker.

It is the combat logging/ghosting issue all over again, I have no respect of people who choose to exploit these bug's but unfortunately this is something that time should address I hope they get on this shortly.

Your description doesn't tell me enough information I'm guessing they are inside and glitching to the outside?

if one of these doesn't explain it then look and post here when you find the right one so people can upvote it this will help resolve this issue.

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=4002

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=5417

• Like 1

I reckon you're just unlucky.

I've played for 171 hours and not once find someone sitting in a wall.

This seems to be the main report for it here http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=8063

It has been acknowledged by the devs and the fact that they aren't asking for more info suggests that they know what the issue is, so we just have to wait till its fixed.

Edited by Fluxley
  • Like 1

Let me get this right, you are saying it is fine for everyone to cheat in the game because it is a alpha test?

How can you read that from one word?

The game is in alpha-state, which means bugs and glitches are to be expected. Thats a very valid reason for raging people to calm the **** down and re-read the alpha-notes which you can't avoid encountering, because it's the first thing you see when buying and even starting the game.

This seems to be the main report for it here http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=8063

It has been acknowledged by the devs and the fact that they aren't asking for more info suggests that they know what the issue is, so we just have to wait till its fixed.

OP didn't state specifically which building it was here's another stating it can be done on any building.

0009312: Glitching/Firing through any structure

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=9312

Ok i will report

Edited by MissyX