robophant

player render distance

hey, is there a way to change the player render distance? i think it's awfully low for me since i can't see people on the road when they are 1 kilometer ahead of me.

hey, is there a way to change the player render distance? i think it's awfully low for me since i can't see people on the road when they are 1 kilometer ahead of me.

Yes agreed, its way too low. 

900ish meters was the limit on the mod and stand alone. I don't think it can be changed yet.

should you be able to see someone 1000m away? not sure you could irl even on a clear bright day?

If you could, it would reeeeally be pushing it. Not sure you would even be sure of what you were looking at.

Yes, change curvatureEarth in cfg from 1 to 0

• Like 3

900ish meters was the limit on the mod and stand alone. I don't think it can be changed yet.

No, I had quite a few kills at around 1600m with the as50 in the mod. I was able to catch a small dot running in the distance, scope in and find out it was a player. Good times.

In SA the player models disappear at 200-250m but you can still see some of their gear as they walk. That goes away around 300-400m

The viewdistance is bad in SA. Something I hope they fix soon. Or maybe its another crutch for newbs.

Edited by WooTs

There should be more individual settings, at least in .cfg files. We should be able to see players as far as we set our view distance and see trees or rocks, regardless of other graphic settings.

Edited by DontGoToBalotaAlone

I personally think that render distance should be equal across the board just to put everyone on a level playing field in that aspect.  Unfortunately it is most likely not possible due to varying computer specs.  Nothing wose then getting shot at by something you can't see  :(

• Like 2

thx i will try that...

ps: i am pretty sure i can see ppl from 1 kilometer away in real life. I also find waldo everytime

• Like 3

fyi: you can easily spot people at 1km irl.

As a former infantry, we practiced hitting 1:1 dummies at 1100m, with a weapon similar to the M4 with ACOQ (4X)
I was a poor shot with a 7 out of 10 hit.

should you be able to see someone 1000m away? not sure you could irl even on a clear bright day?

bah... there is no such option :*(

mod was 1600m

standalone is just early alpha and not beefed up to what it should be yet...hold yer horses

You have been trolled. Obvious troll was obvious.

yea i kinda just wanted to believe... never fear the troll!

For everyone who sees players only at 200-300 meters - set Object quality to NORMAL

Only if it´s set on NORMAL player models will be rendered and shown at large distances and with that your problem is solved

Top right box, the 1st option: Objects - Normal, everything else can be on low/very low or even disabled

http://i.imgur.com/igPCHZW.jpg

For everyone who sees players only at 200-300 meters - set Object quality to NORMAL

Only if it´s set on NORMAL player models will be rendered and shown at large distances and with that your problem is solved

Top right box, the 1st option: Objects - Normal, everything else can be on low/very low or even disabled

http://i.imgur.com/igPCHZW.jpg

Only problem is that the option also includes other objects which cause a lot of lag.

Only problem is that the option also includes other objects which cause a lot of lag.

Not at all... I had a very old machine before it died. I had the same problem and when I switched from Low to Normal I didn´t noticed any change in FPS. Turn off clouds and shadows, this will give you more FPS

But as I said, if you want to be able to snipe with a Mosin + LRS at long distances - just set to NORMAL and it´s fixed. For me without fps drop on an old E6600

Edited by MetapoliC

Well, it's not only about sniping people. If I scout a city, to see them from afar, the normal setting just kills the frames. I don't lose frames on clouds though (and my current cpu is over e6600).

Edited by DontGoToBalotaAlone

Trees don't always render for me on far away hills.  It makes me sad...