Sign in to follow this  
ASDF991

Rain Needs To Be Turned Down.

Honestly something like this is not even fun, I just end up leaving the server. 

kCi6fai.jpg

I myself love the rain, really adds to the gritty apocalypse vibe they got going on in chernarus, If you've seen the rain in Arma 3 it's way worse in my opinion it really blocks your vision quite abit.

Edited by Dusty_
  • Like 2

I think it rains a little too often but I like how it forces people to play differently.

• Like 4

Tweaks. The rain works.

They can adjust it later.

• Like 3

You'll like it even less when it starts to actually affect your avatar & their equipment.

I like rain as it is and thoroughly enjoy playing on servers where it's raining.

• Like 6

I await the plethora of "I am sick and shaking because of the rain! turn it off" or similar threads that will follow once it actually affects individual players negatively. Now the weather is synced everyone has to deal with the visual change the rain brings, but the devs do seem like they're also trying to give the Cherno/Electro/AF snipers/campers a few more things to think about as well as more obstacles to overcome if they want to get those murders.

I await the plethora of "I am sick and shaking because of the rain! turn it off" or similar threads that will follow once it actually affects individual players negatively. Now the weather is synced everyone has to deal with the visual change the rain brings, but the devs do seem like they're also trying to give the Cherno/Electro/AF snipers/campers a few more things to think about as well as more obstacles to overcome if they want to get those murders.

Everyone is just going to need to start carrying a rain coat and wellies for when it starts raining.  The hard part is going to be building a fire in a place that doesn't give away your position.

Have you been outside in a serious rainstorm? Because where I am from, a storm with decent rainfall and winds will block your vision like you wouldn't believe.

• Like 4

I like the rain. I do think we need disposable/hiking ponchos or raincoats that can be rolled up into 1 inventory space when not being used but go over your clothes and have no slots.

otherwise by the time you carry a raincoat, matches, gas stove, fire wood, can opener, wellies, first aid kit, cooking pot, canteen, sewing kit.. Etc etc, where am i meant to store my beans?

• Like 3

Honestly something like this is not even fun, I just end up leaving the server. 

Boo.

Freaking.

Who.

You want to go play a game where you click a button and win? Go try tetris. If you don't like challenges, maybe you should just unplug your computer.

• Like 6

Rain will mask noise, too, which has many benefits, besides the limited visibility. I'd expect more activity during heavy rains in some areas.

• Like 1

"Oh look, a single individual on the community doesn't like this feature. Better do what he says!"

Boo.

Freaking.

Who.

You want to go play a game where you click a button and win? Go try tetris. If you don't like challenges, maybe you should just unplug your computer.

HEY, NO INSULTING TETRIS! 

Tetris is goddamn hard man. It takes skills to line those blocks up once you hit a certain speed. 

• Like 1

"Oh look, a single individual on the community doesn't like this feature. Better do what he says!"

daymn straight, I don't see why the devs should be implementing changes that directly negatively effect snipers, first it was the Mosin reload animation which made the gun more of a pain to accurately see where the bullet drops and now rain to the point where I can't see anything.

It's not just me, if this is how rain is going to be your going to see; NO RAIN 24/7 DAY servers popping up.

Edited by ASDF991

Oh and imagine the stealth/melee possibilities in a heavy rain)) mmmm duck thouse campers

Aww whatsa matter?

Does sniper baby not like the rain

Get an M4 and I'll see you in CQB

daymn straight, I don't see why the devs should be implementing changes that directly negatively effect snipers, first it was the Mosin reload animation which made the gun more of a pain to accurately see where the bullet drops and now rain to the point where I can't see anything.

It's not just me, if this is how rain is going to be your going to see; NO RAIN 24/7 DAY servers popping up.

Let me get this straight: So you are playing a game that essentially aims at being a survival simulator in a world of a zombie acopalypse. Where food and basic items will be difficult to find, where drinking from the wrong pond can kill you, where staying outside too long in bad weather without being dressed in warm clothes will make you sick (and eventually die), where you will be able to hunt and kill animals, prepare their meat and cook it, and still you want rain not to behave like it does in reality: obscures sight on longer distances because you can't snipe other players?

Are you aware how incredibly silly that demand makes you sound like?

• Like 5

i love the new rain! makes the weather & the game world feel more dynamic!

kinda hoping in the future, there will be multiple weather types, as opposed to just raining/sunny

like - heavy storm, light rain, early morning mist, lightning storm, really really dark, really windy, etc. etc.

HEY, NO INSULTING TETRIS! 

Tetris is goddamn hard man. It takes skills to line those blocks up once you hit a certain speed.

This scares me.

• Like 1

i like the rain and the fact thats its going to be synched between players. But i hate the fact that it seems to rain every 5 mins. Its almost like the server is like "im bored of sun, oooh weather is added, lets use the fuck out of it"

i like the rain and the fact thats its going to be synched between players. But i hate the fact that it seems to rain every 5 mins. Its almost like the server is like "im bored of sun, oooh weather is added, lets use the fuck out of it"

This.

I love the rain but everytime I played while its raining the Weather changed every 5 minutes. I don't expect them yet to have a Sky texture for clouds with and without rain but I'd like to see that it's raining for 40 Minutes or hours or whatever but not 5 minutes rain, 5 minutes sun, 5 minutes rain etc.

yes frequent rain that is constantly turning on and off, it almost like they are testing it or something.

I like the feel and the elements it will bring to the game guess it's just ruined sniping

2664362764_ff8d389544_o.jpg

SEE YOU IN CHERNARUS!!!