archival

Post your best "how I outwitted those darn bandits" stories!

My friend and I were at the NW airfield. It was pitch black, and we'd crawled in over the course of a painstaking hour and a half.

We'd checked all the hangars, and were clearing the 4 story tower near the control tower, when some shots rang out. I heard the shattering of glass and the snap of bullets passing right past my head.

We hit the deck. The only light was from my blue chemical flare, on the 2nd story of the tower. We were on the third. I crawled to the stairs, rolled off onto the floor, and extinguished the light.

Pitch black. Moonless night. Couldn't hear anything. Then, someone climbing a ladder. They were trying to get above us! We kept very still, watching the stairs up to our room.

A few minutes passed with no more sounds. Until, FSHHhhhhhhhh. The bright red glow of a road flare lit up our small room. More shots were fired, but aimlessly. They didn't know we were in the 3rd story. On the dim outer reaches of the flare's light, my buddy saw them trying to enter the control tower. Bandits. Two of them.

Their downfall was that barricade half covering the door. They got stuck. We opened fire with a pair of Winchesters, mine loaded with shot, his with slug. Two bandits down.

The loot? Among various food and ammo, we got 3 blood bags, an M16A2 with a few magazines, and some hand grenades.

Some shit eating bandits were using a repaired car to bait players and then sniping them. My friends and myself fell for it, all 4 of us got killed. I felt like some revenge, so I crawled my way through the hills, watching them from the side. They were just sitting there watching the car, and one was heading up the hill after repositioning it. I was about to charge them with my makarov but suddenly they all got up and started moving farther up the hill.

I took the chance, made a sprint for the car- got in and drove off. They all disconnected shortly after, which felt even better because they'd been there for hours and helped fixed it up, and I got a quick ride up to Novy Sobor before I had to leave.

Felt good man

Resupplying on the NW airfield only to end up with a bandit ~100m away. Both froze. I had M9 SD and he had an AK74. I rolled to cover (doubt the M9 would've landed a hit) just as he opened fire...Yeah he made friends with ALL the zombies.

I was planning on lobbing a smoke grenade at him to achieve the same goal but I guess some people just have a helpful nature.

Well I've been killed three times by players, all of them with the survivor outfit.

I've made a point not to shoot any survivors, it's only the best that they kill me so they get to have the outfit they deserve for shooting me, it's worth it to die to mark them for death.

When I see a bandit, I'll shoot him. The first bandit I saw was today at Elektro firehouse. I went inside, closed all the doors expecting someone to follow me with all the shooting I did outside. And there it was, bandit ran right in, took a knee and started aiming for me. Shot him in the head, he managed to hit me once. Bandaged myself and finished the job.

Loot wasn't that great. At least got to re-fill my supply of default pistol ammo and got to fill my bag with beans.

Should I tell the story of 3 survivors with assaultrifles who immediatly disconnected after beeing shot at by a single bandit ?

Kudos to everyone of you who actually puts up a fight.

I was with 3-4 other guys repairing a chopper at Elektro on the fire station, a Bandit took pot shots at us with a CZ 550, we quickly dove into cover behind anything solid. I was the only one with an assault rifle (M4A1), the rest had Winchesters and/or pistols and the Bandit was about 400 meters away, we saw the Bandit run from a bunch of zombies, so as he was running, I fired a few bullets his direction and one hit his leg.

As the Bandit fell down, he took out his pistol and shot two zombies that were after him but more were coming, he tried to give himself morphine but I fired another 3 shots and one hit his torso area and knocked him out cold.

We watched and laughed as the zombies devoured his body.

I was with 3-4 other guys repairing a chopper at Elektro on the fire station' date=' a Bandit took pot shots at us with a CZ 550, we quickly dove into cover behind anything solid. I was the only one with an assault rifle (M4A1), the rest had Winchesters and/or pistols and the Bandit was about 400 meters away, we saw the Bandit run from a bunch of zombies, so as he was running, I fired a few bullets his direction and one hit his leg.

As the Bandit fell down, he took out his pistol and shot two zombies that were after him but more were coming, he tried to give himself morphine but I fired another 3 shots and one hit his torso area and knocked him out cold.

[/quote']

Wow, thats cold.

Found a downed Huey between Chern and Elektra. Someone had apparently tried to repair it and left some supplies scattered as well. I attempted to refuel it how ever it was leaking any I put into it. I went scavenging for supplies to make repairs and heard someone else come across it who wanted to help repair it. I approached from the north through the hills and forests over looking the open field and Huey and saw the friendly examining the Huey. He was shot from the distance by a bandit toting a CZ, his partner with a AK keeping watch.

I quickly took some cover among the trees and observed what they were attempting to do first. They began their vain attempts to refuel the helo, but also realizing the fuel tank was damaged. I watched them scavenging through near by building losing sight of the man with the CZ who went towards me up the hills. I spotted the AK bandit and took two shots he made a run for it over some hills. Losing sight I went after the sniper, he heard the shots and held cover behind a tree. Being too close to put his CZ to use he drew his revolver and jumped out of cover to take shots at me, how ever he was put down with two body shots and one to the head after he passed out.

After scavenging the sniper bandits body I searched out for the AK bandit and discovered he had made an attempt to sprint for some cover but bled out a few meters away from he was initially shot.

My buddy, Ryan, and I where in Chern (Or Elektro not sure which is which yet.) Either ways we had decided to check it out after finally getting to each other, we thought it would be a great idea to get in and out with as much supplies as we could and no one noticing.

I gave him my CZ 550 only one we had to share that I was lucky enough to find in a barn on my way there, we decided since I was more experienced (Ryans first day) I would sneak in and grab as much as I could and he would prop up on top of a Silo and cover me from any Zeds.

That's when I began to make my way down the road towards some empty medic tents I had seen at least one block away, crawling my way through hordes of Zeds with my trusty buddy Ryan guiding me about we heard gunshots ring out, first it was two, then three more then another. Two different sounding guns so we assumed a firefight was going on, Ryan was freaking out asking if I was alive since I had stopped moving. I was just stunned and trying to figure out where it was coming from I could hear it clear as day.

'On the building next to you!' We dont know what happened but from Ryans recollection all he could see was a bandit move over a laid out survivor and shoot him once more in the head to finish him.

The Zeds were freaking out down below, Ryan unable to take the shot on the guy, I don't know if it was fear, guilt or any number of reasons he couldn't bring himself to do it. I found the ladder and climbed up slowly, then I proceeded to climb up the second ladder.

Coming up directly behind the culprit, oblivious to me since he was so happy feeding his greed on the dead survivor, I felt exactly what Ryan was feeling, I was stuck in place staring right at the back of this killer. Then all I saw was his face snap back at me, he didn't turn around completely just his head.

Panic set in and before I could take in what was going on I shot one round into his back, wounding him, blood gushing out of him, he was terrified I could tell and shuffling around to get a shot on me he slipped off the roof onto the second building below falling over knocked out cold I could imagine all he saw was me looking over the building aiming my pistol at his head.

Before I could finish the job all I heard was flies coming from down below where he was. He bled out before I got to kill him.

I can still see his eyes just looking at me it was messed up man, but it felt good to avenge that poor sucker who got killed by him on top of that building.

Ryan came down we took all we could and left, We got a map two knives one compass and two watches along with a alice bag and a M4A1.

I was doing my normal looting of the barns north of Chernogorsk, and came over a hill towards cherno to find a Bandit shooting some survivors from the treeline. I was behind him with the Winchester I just found a few minutes ago, I decided to see how close I could get to him, since even if he noticed me his CZ550 wouldn't stand a chance against my shotgun in close range. I slowly approached him from his 7 o'clock walk-crouching with my crosshairs aimed at his head. He must have heard me as I got close, he free-looked at me, an almost funny moment of his head turning around to see a shotgun looking right back at him. I pulled the trigger and he was dead by the time I reached his body a few seconds later. He had a CZ550 with an inventory full of ammo, and an ALICE pack full of meds, food, water and a military flashlight. I didn't really outsmart him, he was just stupid enough to not watch his back.

I was with 3-4 other guys repairing a chopper at Elektro on the fire station' date=' a Bandit took pot shots at us with a CZ 550, we quickly dove into cover behind anything solid. I was the only one with an assault rifle (M4A1), the rest had Winchesters and/or pistols and the Bandit was about 400 meters away, we saw the Bandit run from a bunch of zombies, so as he was running, I fired a few bullets his direction and one hit his leg.

[/quote']

Wow, thats cold.

Such is life in the zone...

I'm going to post a story about my whole life here, which was roughly 5 hours long.

But as it involves alot of bandits, I didn't want to make an extra thread, so here it goes.

So, I connected to Chicago 1, only to find out that it's on Veteran with no third person. I was used to first person from my Vanilla Arma 2 days, but as I've been influenced by other comments on the forums, I started to hate it.

I spawned somewhere clsoe to Kamyshovo, and started to go towards it through the treeline. I had acquired a CZ and a few Makarov mags from my previous runs. As I was close to town, I kept my trusty Makarov out, just incase I encountered hostile zombies during my journey. As I made a short break between two trees to have a little chat outside the game, I noticed someone running by right as I wanted to tab out.

As I study him running, I see he is a bandit, and I did not feel like encountering any other players, also I felt the need to finally test out my CZ, which only had one magazine. So, I pull out my CZ (The bandit did not notice me since he was running like a maniac, and I was hidden between trees, prone), and aim at the bandit. Suddenly, music starts to play, and I had to hold my breath IRL since I was indeed shaking like a mad man, since this was my first playerkill ever in DayZ.

As I pulled the trigger and released my breath, the bullet hit him in the head, blood comes out and he fell to the ground. I felt no joy or remorse, but it was rather to prevent any unnecessary things from happening.

I switched back to my Makarov, went closer towards him and suddenly remembered the first lesson I learned the hard way in DayZ. Just because you put a sniper bullet through someone's head and his head is apparently blown off, he might be alive. Before I went through his gear, I decided to waste a full Makarov mag on the Bandit, just to make sure he's dead. Afterwards, I quickly grab all the bandages and Makarov Mags he had, and went to the forest.

A long trip through the forest was before me, and I had not encountered a single Bandit except the poor one I just killed. I eventually reached Elektro, and somehow I was out of my mind as I focused on the chat, rather than the actual game. Shots closeby woke me up, and I decided to check it out.

I saw two tents, but they were empty. I've heard stories about bandits setting up forward camps, so I was sort of scared. Seeing no bandits in immediate close range, I pulled back with my CZ in my hands. As I managed to pull back into the woods, I overlooked Elektro and heard shots. I saw two bandits attracting alot of Zombies, and I felt this was over.

As my CZ only had three shots left, and I had only 3 magazines for my Makarov, I quickly decided to give up for good. Going downhill, I still looked for the bandits. I found one of them, but it was too late, I didn't manage to zswitch to my CZ in time. During my running, switching and searching, I had attracted quite alot of zombies. Apparently, the bandits split up, unaware that I was here. I could safely empty my Makarov magazines, attract more zombies, and then shoot te last three shots of my CZ. That's when they noticed me and quickly teamed up again. I went straight towards them, and in my back were roughly 10-15 zombies. They couldn't escape, and they decided to shoot me.

As I dropped to the ground, I left nothing behind. I had no food, no water, no ammo for my CZ and no ammo for my Makarov either, but I gave them something else: Zombies. And alot of them. I don't know if they survived that attack, but I doubt it.

[/quote']

Wow, thats cold.

Such is life in the zone...

I agree with you, Stalker. His bandit scum friends at the campfire will be saying "Black raven, black raven, circling above the grave... He was a crap Bandit. Let's toast to him once more!"

Was in Elektro, picking up stuff in the three floor building before going north and some stupid bandit scratched me with 2 handgun shots through window and then started spamming his AK, I crawled under the windows to other room, patched myself up, crawled down the hallway so he wont see me repositioning and then I waited with my 1911. After a while he ran up the stairs, didnt even check his back and was headed straight to the room where he hit me. Instead of my loot, he got full 1911 clip in his back emptied veery quickly :D Took his stuff and announced his death. Turns out he was terrorizing the town for a long time and everybody celebrated his death :D

Followed the trail of bodies, then came behind them and raped them for their hard earned equipment.

I was just north of chenarus I think. I was running on the edge of the forest letting my inner noob run free. Soon i heard shots, and started running into the forest. He managed to hit me once, so i started to bleed out. Soon i came to a small dam. So i ran up over the hill so there was a hill between us now for a few moments. I hid in a bush for a few moments, and in chat i said that if i keep running i was going to bleed out. Eventually the guy who was after me offered blood packs and what not, not knowing i was fine. Soon he just gave up and went back. Not a single shot was fired from me since i never saw him to get a shot at him though. :dodgy: Winchester is too dangerous to be carried around in the open, i found out. :P

I met this one bandit in this barn in some random village. We were both pointing our makarovs at each other. I was ready to kill this bandit scum but he typed in chat "Wanna Team Up?" I thought he might be trying to get me to lower my gun and kill me so I was cautious but I saluted him and he didn't kill me. We then set off to a nearby village and got some loot, I got a sniper rifle and he got a normal rifle and we kind of bonded. :blush: But then when we got to another town some random survivor opened fire on us and wounded me, and as I layed on the ground I noticed that he had lost his bandit skin and had become a survivor once again. He had redemed himself. The guy that shot me ran away and luckily I wasn't badly hurt so we continued on but then he lost connection to the server and I never saw him again :( And we had bonded and I saw him as a friend, I didn't care if he had killed others I'm sure it was in self defense. But these server problems ended it. :(

The moral of the story is, don't judge someone on how they look. Bandits could just be people who killed someone in self defense, not all are cold blooded killers. :D

I was being hunted by two bandits, so i ran and ran. They were not far behind me, but far enough for me to be able to dodge their shots, i went into a village. Then suddenly a survivor came out of a cottage and killed one of the bandits first and pulled back inside. The other bandit entered the cottage and got killed as well but the survivor quickly bled out. Then i looted all three and was on my way with a full backpack. All in all i would say a good deal for one of us.

Also, another thing like the post above. Me and a friend who became a bandit was supposed to meet up. He strives to get his humanity back together because he just wants to be trusted. On his way to meet up with me he had to kill seven survivors that attacked him for no reason other then the bandit skin he got from killing someone in self defense. Then he died at the eight. Damn chernogorsk is filled with people. Anyways, not all bandits are bad. Its just that when you first become a bandit its very hard to get out of it. Unless you never offer any resistance and let yourself get looted over and over. However, any other bandit will be KOS by me since i never take any chances. Sorry:-/ The best defense is offense:s

We're at the North West Airfield, in the control tower. Me and two others are looking for loot blah blah blah. We were just about to head down the ladder in order to check out the barracks when we hear the crack of a Winchester. So, naturally, we just retreat to the second floor (apart from one of us...who got shot. Foolish boy). I just watched the stairs with my newly acquired M1014 ready for anything. The shots had attracted zombies, so I'd killed about 7 of them and they'd littered the stairs. This bandit, in all his wisdom, walks over the dead bodies to get a look upstairs. Yeah. He died quick. So did his friend who followed afterwards.

Seriously...who'd blindly walk up the stairs against an enemy with a shotgun who's just massacred a load of zombies who'd come up the same way? Oh well. Got a GPS out of it. Win!

Normally I go around with a few but they went to bed, so i met up with a new guy and we got into the zelenogorsk supermarket. Trowing a flare inside we started to kill the zombies coming at us. After the attack I blocked the front door and 2 of the backdoors leaving 1 door to be covered in case players turn up.

One player got in and aimed at me and he was shot instantly bij the new guy. Right after that we heard more noises from outside and see a survivor running past the windows trying to get in the main door (failing offcourse because the wire) and he got around the back. (he was wearing a makarov). Then suddenly out of nothing from the edge of the parkinglot a guy with I think a CZ550 gave the new guy a headshot trough the window of the supermarket. I directly ran for the backdoor and started running into the darkness. I was armed with a M4 and Glock but inside a lit up building I stand no chance at the bandit with the snipe in the dark. So I ran off and reached the forest. He lost me and I got away :D

Im not sure this is the right place for this little story but we will see.

So yesterday me and some friends (we were 4 in total) was playing together, we just started playing a few days ago and got a hang of the basics really.

we had found ourself some weapons atleast, we had a CZ, a Winchester and i had a Lee Enfield.

it was in the middle of the night, couldnt see anything but we figured, lets go explore some places we havent been befor.

So we ran up in to the montains from between cherno and elektro against pusta.

so there we all 4 were, 3 of us carrying either a flare or a chemlight running on the mountain and talking on skype just having fun.

then all the sudden one of us yells "i passed out!" first we just thougt, well we ran a while mby he passed out cuz of that? then we saw, oh no he was killed.

we instantly threw or extinguished our flares/chemlights and tried to hide, he got my other 2 friends so there i was. all alone, in the middle of the night on a hillside in the middle of no where and somewhere in the dark there was a bandit.

i was crawling around trying to see him, sneaking around hoping for the best while all the rest were dead.

i suddenly saw his name at my crosshair and aha! i could see him.

i shot him once and he disappered, i saw i didnt have a kill so i couldnt have killed him, i moved around a bit as i figured he was hiding behind a tree or something.

i found him again while he was trying to stop the bleeding and i shot him once more and killed him.

so now i was completely alone in the dark, all my friends had respawned and when i tried to loot him it lagged and i lost my backback and his was gone, no water or food not much ammo, 3 chemlights and no idea of where i was.