airfell

Wizardry is OP, needs to be toned down.

Running around with a friend last night a wizard appeared in front of us. Much to my amazement I was unable to react. Literally, I couldn't equip a weapon, and then he cast a spell killing us both instantly.

Despite being out of place in a zombie apocalypse themed game, magic is rather strong vs non-magic users. Needs to be dialed back for gameplay balance.

• Like 20

Running around with a friend last night a wizard appeared in front of us. Much to my amazement I was unable to react. Literally, I couldn't equip a weapon, and then he cast a spell killing us both instantly.

Despite being out of place in a zombie apocalypse themed game, magic is rather strong vs non-magic users. Needs to be dialed back for gameplay balance.

You weren't even hacked. That's desync issues.

• Like 1

Gandalf?

I'm guessing he just spawned and there might have been some desync or serious lag for you.

With all due respect, I'm not sure if you're being ironic or serious about magic or running into a wizard. Interesting OP though.

• Like 2

This is a known hack in SA:

Literally, I couldn't equip a weapon ...

Well, I know Wizardry was an awesome game, but really, it is from 1981, so what do you expect?

OP was only Return of Werdna ( Wizardry Part 3? or 4? dunno..)...that game was so freaking hard, I crashed my keyboard once...

And fear the skeletons^^

Wizardry1.png

Sry for derailing, couldn't resist, since it a) was with 99% posiibilty a desync issue (on which si workled constantly) and B) some folks already told ya...^^

Edited by LaughingJack
  • Like 2

He appeared in front of us, perhaps he had left this world for another, only to return in front of us, however; it was only I that was striken by the inability to move. My friend was more than able to equip a fireaxe and attempt to strike him down- serveral hits to no avail. The wizard didn't even move and unleashed his magic upon us. The event lasted around 20 seconds tops.

~Go then, there are other worlds than these.

Edited by AirFell
  • Like 2

OK.. BEANS! :D  :beans:

• Like 1

Came here for shits and giggles.

Wasn't disappointed.

• Like 5

Let me clarify for ya'll. This still wasn't a hack. It's a known issue that during heavy latency and desync issues, commands are spammed from the server since there's no way (until .37 hits stable) to ensure the client is receiving the commands.

During these times: you may still take damage, player locations may not be properly updated, and generally your client won't respond to any returning commands from the server.

Short story of it all: Someone can kill you and you will be unable to equip a weapon during that time.

To give you a good example of a hack, my group and I (Beck's Privateers) were policing NWAF the other night. A guy kept sliding through walls sideways and killing us all with just one bullet each.

Another interesting one is when you just start getting punched out of nowhere.

HOWEVER

THIS IS NOT TO SAY THAT AN INDIVIDUAL COULD NOT CAUSE LAG BASED ISSUES THEMSELVES AND USE THAT TO KILL YOU.

It would be simple enough to UDP flood the server (I mean, they give you the IP address RIGHT THERE) and confuse everyone's client/server communication.

Then they could just run up to you and kill you, and you'd have no idea until they turn the flood off and you're suddenly dead.

• Like 1

He appeared in front of us, perhaps he had left this world for another, only to return in front of us, however; it was only I that was striken by the inability to move. My friend was more than able to equip a fireaxe and attempt to strike him down- serveral hits to no avail. The wizard didn't even move and unleashed his magic upon us. The event lasted around 20 seconds tops.

~Go then, there are other worlds than these.

If you only had the magic Bandicam to record all this wizardry...

• Like 1

Forsooth, it twas a dastardly wicked spell of black magic. Seeing as only 3 people were on the server.... we came from the top of the firehouse down, and behind us in the doorway appears an evil magician of ill repute, found us unbeknowst by some foul sorcery... Apparating from thin air I charge the beast with my trusty axe, loe the sorcerer hath a shield of uncanny resiliance I chop away to no avail. Alas my brethren hath been dumbstruck by the devils wicked stare, unable to move... thwack thwack thwack, the sound of my great axe crushing his face, semi auto fire, insta death. GG no re MR Wizard. Wizard man never even equipped his gun, he shot bullets of death from his eyes. After he killed all the people on that server he log off and moved to the next one.

Beware Redvard of Dayz.

• Like 1

Wrong, it's desync

Wrong.

There is a known hack, documented on video numerous times, that prevents a player within a certain proximity of the hacker from equipping a weapon. One of the videos even shows, from the hacker's perspective, how you can toggle that particular hack.

Was it that in this case? Who fucking knows. Was I saying it was? No. Was I wrong? FUCK NO.

• Like 5

for all those who say hackers don't exist, they exist. played with one for like 10 minutes, knew where everyone was, aimbot, and a unch of other things he said but didn't know how to use them.

Forsooth, it twas a dastardly wicked spell of black magic. Seeing as only 3 people were on the server.... we came from the top of the firehouse down, and behind us in the doorway appears an evil magician of ill repute, found us unbeknowst by some foul sorcery... Apparating from thin air I charge the beast with my trusty axe, loe the sorcerer hath a shield of uncanny resiliance I chop away to no avail. Alas my brethren hath been dumbstruck by the devils wicked stare, unable to move... thwack thwack thwack, the sound of my great axe crushing his face, semi auto fire, insta death. GG no re MR Wizard. Wizard man never even equipped his gun, he shot bullets of death from his eyes. After he killed all the people on that server he log off and moved to the next one.

Beware Redvard of Dayz.

Or perhaps Bohemia has sold DayZ SA to Sauron?

*I sharpen my Vorpal Blade and, snicker-snack!, I enter the fray.*

I'm very curious to how you can say its desync when there is known teleporting hacks in the game...not to mention you weren't even there. Stop being so close minded buddy...there is a lot of hackers in this game.

As to the OP, thanks for the laugh! Hopefully hackers will be gone by the time this thing hits beta.

• Like 2

Wrong.

There is a known hack, documented on video numerous times, that prevents a player within a certain proximity of the hacker from equipping a weapon. One of the videos even shows, from the hacker's perspective, how you can toggle that particular hack.

Was it that in this case? Who fucking knows. Was I saying it was? No. Was I wrong? FUCK NO.

So a video is showing a hacker pressing his magic button that causes people to not be able to use weapons?  Please, spare me.  In fact desync is the number one reason why people can't equip weapons, use items, open doors or even vault.  This has been around through all BiS games.  It's the shit network code so please, don't use the hacker excuse when you get killed.

Im just going to clarify for this, just in case you know people are serious about responding to the OP by stating its not a hack or its latency:

The OP was a joke. You got trolled.. but do carry on and explain to us how wizadry is a latency issue.

ROFLMFAO! 

• Like 1

Im just going to clarify for this, just in case you know people are serious about responding to the OP by stating its not a hack or its latency:

The OP was a joke. You got trolled.. but do carry on and explain to us how wizadry is a latency issue.

ROFLMFAO! 

Actually I read it as they decided to make a story up about the issue.  You know, instead of coming out and going "OMFGH4X0RZ"  The OP put a nice spin on his story with a lovely pointed hat and magic

• Like 1

So a video is showing a hacker pressing his magic button that causes people to not be able to use weapons?  Please, spare me.  In fact desync is the number one reason why people can't equip weapons, use items, open doors or even vault.  This has been around through all BiS games.  It's the shit network code so please, don't use the hacker excuse when you get killed.

Is English new to you? Let's try this one more time, slowly so you can understand:

There is a known hack - that has been documented on video - that has been posted in THIS HERE FORUM, that shows 1) a player repeatedly forced to shoulder his weapon as he tries to approach a teleporting hacker, and 2) In another, a hacker shows the hacked interface, which includes this ability (among other things).

So, to recap, my only addition to this thread is to point out that the trait mentioned above is a known hack, to which you arrogantly and incorrectly replied "Wrong."

I've never been killed by a hacker, that I know about, and don't give a fuck about dying in game.

Hacks have been and still are available for SA. Exploits have been and are still active (removing/changing files). So please, spare me your bullshit. Many times people whine about dying to hackers when it's either desync or simply someone who got the drop on them, but pull your head out of your ass and stop replying to shit when you're clearly fucking clueless.

• Like 3

Is English new to you? Let's try this one more time, slowly so you can understand:

There is a known hack - that has been documented on video - that has been posted in THIS HERE FORUM, that shows 1) a player repeatedly forced to shoulder his weapon as he tries to approach a teleporting hacker, and 2) In another, a hacker shows the hacked interface, which includes this ability (among other things).

So, to recap, my only addition to this thread is to point out that the trait mentioned above is a known hack, to which you arrogantly and incorrectly replied "Wrong."

I've never been killed by a hacker, that I know about, and don't give a fuck about dying in game.

Hacks have been and still are available for SA. Exploits have been and are still active (removing/changing files). So please, spare me your bullshit. Many times people whine about dying to hackers when it's either desync or simply someone who got the drop on them, but pull your head out of your ass and stop replying to shit when you're clearly fucking clueless.

:facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:

I believe you, can I has link to vid though I want to see :3 (not saying I need proof , just curious)

I believe you, can I has link to vid though I want to see :3 (not saying I need proof , just curious)

I'll look for them. If I find one or both I'll post.

Yes, I'm curious about that. I'd like to see that clip. Please post the link.

Thanks.